Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kandi, Nene and Kenya were at the NBC upfronts events in NYC representing Bravo. This usually indicates who get's asked back for the new season. No sign of Cynthia at any of the events however she is in NYC so you never know. Phaedra is in ATL.

Apparently pick up letters for ATL have been delayed this year so indicates producers don't know who to bring back. Without Carlos King I wonder if they'll try and take the franchise in a different direction. It needs it to be honest.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Janet Hubert (Aunt Viv) has legal issues on EVERY project she works on? How come none of the other actors have had problems with pay? Hmmm
    Well that's not true... is it?

She had issues on Fresh Prince years ago which led to her departure but nothing legal. More a clash of personalities between her and Will Smith. I've never heard of any 'legal issues on EVERY project she works on' since.

The reason none of the other actors have had problems with pay (though actually I think some bit parts have said the same) is because she cast it with a bunch of reality show people willing to be part of the Real Housewives... except for Janet.

As Kenya keeps claiming this show is meant to be the real deal with proper networks interested and Janet signed a union contract to make a pilot. Bravo also tried to get her to sign a release to appear on the Housewives but it had nothing to do with her contract. Reality shows can get away with what they like when a person signs a release because they don't fall under union protection. She didn't want to appear on the housewives or sign a contract with no protection so she chose not to. If Janet is to be believed Kenya was fine with this, they made the show and all was well. Until that is the time came to pay up.

Janet seems to have been a bit naive to think that "Life Twirls On" was anything other than a storyline for Kenya on the Real Housewives but Kenya was a bit naive to think that whether you're making a pilot for a network or just as a vanity project so Bravo can film you doing something the SAG rules still apply. Even if the star player you wanted to parade round on RHOA doesn't want to play ball.

I do think Janet is as crazy as hell but Kenya signed up a proper actress and made such a big deal about it. However when you sign a proper actress that comes with a proper contract not a Cynthia Bailey friendship contract.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without Carlos King I wonder if they'll try and take the franchise in a different direction. It needs it to be honest.
    Ironically he just tried to turn it into a copy of all the RHOA imitators i.e. ship in any minor celebrity chick who'll turn up and... well turn up!

They need to go back to the Atlanta society roots of the show and start searching that pool.

I mean they don't necessarily have to be Atlantien's (is that the right title?), when Cynthia moved down she did put down proper roots and made a genuine effort to settle. And although Kenya just seems to fly in for the sake of show she did at least start out pretending to be with an Atlanta scenester and they added Porsha to balance things out. But Demetria and Claudia? They just seemed to come from the 'Well they're black, lets see if they're willing to move to Atlanta for a month or two!' way of choosing cast members.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Ironically he just tried to turn it into a copy of all the RHOA imitators i.e. ship in any minor celebrity chick who'll turn up and... well turn up!

They need to go back to the Atlanta society roots of the show and start searching that pool.

I mean they don't necessarily have to be Atlantien's (is that the right title?), when Cynthia moved down she did put down proper roots and made a genuine effort to settle. And although Kenya just seems to fly in for the sake of show she did at least start out pretending to be with an Atlanta scenester and they added Porsha to balance things out. But Demetria and Claudia? They just seemed to come from the 'Well they're black, lets see if they're willing to move to Atlanta for a month or two!' way of choosing cast members.

Not really in regards to Demetria, she's lived in ATL since 2005, has a child enrolled in school in ATL and is quite a big name in the city especially with all her work with Tyler Perry and his shows. I agree with the ATL society roots of the show. I do miss the days when you used to see them out and about in Atlanta. Various functions and they used to actually name drop areas, venues in the city. Nowadays all they do is film in houses, restaurants or halls which could be anywhere. ATL as a city is booming, it would be good if the city played more of a backdrop in the series like the other franchise locations do. As much as I disliked Married to Medicine you did get that early RHOA vibe from it. Real women that live and play in the city are needed.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something very unlikable about Alexia I always thought.

That Aunt Viv situation seems sketchy as the remainder of the cast never voiced concerns and lets face it D.Woods has never been behind the door.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Just watched all the NYC episodes up to episode 5.

I love Bethenny back, I always liked her so her being back is great. While I feel bad for her, I'm glad Ramona's been knocked down a few pegs, she's much more tolerable this season than she has been. I love Carole, so I don't have a problem with her stuff. Heather is annoying me a bit, but she always did. Dorinda... she's good, I don't really love her but don't dislike her. Sonja is a mess but less of a mess than she was last season and before that. But I'm still just... I don't even know about her and her businesses. Luann back as a main Housewife, nice to have her back. What's the point of Kristen this season? I guess things pick up with her later in the season cause right now she's providing even less than Luann did as a "friend of" last season.

They all seem to be sex mad this year though, even Luann who is usually a little snobbish about it all. I guess she's realized she needs to be less up herself to really fit in.

Had no interest to watch RHOA, not sure why. RHOBH I've been watching, and even though it was my favourite franchise before, I'm not sure anymore, it's lost something.

Right now, I'm only really here for NYC & OC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Carole its Sonja young so stop with your knickers in a twist. Kristen was kinda funny during the drinks about this, her faces and reactions, unlike Heather who over course was on the Carole bandwagon, oh and of course she'll rain of Sonja's parade next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Dorinda. She's very New York. Blunt and to the point.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    OMG NY is doing really bad in the ratings :( what the hell??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather being shady as ever with the K-Mart comment, she knows Sonja has discussed "luxury lifestyle brand" a ton of times. Then she acts like you shouldn't sniff your nose up at K-Mart but declares herself a caviar ****, yep real woman of the people.

That fight really didn't interest me at the end, to be honest was it even a fight? I am looking forward to next week though and as rude as Bethanny is at times she gives me life when she's discussing Heather :D
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the RHONY ratings dipped last week as they were competing directly with the play-offs for the first time. The rest of the season has been steadily increasing over the previous season. They aren't great though and I was expecting between 1.5 and 1.7 with the return of Bethenny. However, considering the show is bit of a shambles it's not doing bad.

The lack of storyline buildup or development is really frustrating. Bethenny's therapy storyline, especially her childhood part, would have been great if it wasn't just thrown at us from nowhere. Other than Bethenny, who actually has a solid storyline?

We haven't seen much of Ramona being single, dating and putting her life back together. Luann doesn't have a storyline. Sonja has half a storyline but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Dorinda has John but not much else. Heather is bashing Sonja left and right because she doesn't have a storyline. Kristen is pretty much irrelevant at this point. As is Carole, and her phony-baloney relationship and board member rubbish.

The production side of things has improved but it seems there are too many women to make it work properly. Not to mention they appear to have minimised solo scenes to have more group scenes. No doubt to increase the drama while keeping costs down.

For 8 episodes in, not much has happened. It's good but not great (minus the last episode and the Atlantic City one). I really hope it picks up in quality and in the ratings or the show is in big trouble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    TBH I have always loved RHONY, but I can see why it would be a turn off for a lot of viewers, especially with the return of Bethenny, who is very polarizing to begin with. You either love her, or her voice is like nails down a chalkboard and you loathe her. I personally can take her witty remarks in small doses, but I feel like she hasn't exactly endeared herself to the other women in the group. It feels like she isn't even trying to be friendly to most of them. Ultimately she is a fame hungry, attention seeker, who has to have everything be about her. It's exhausting to watch her, and it seems like for the ton of therapy she's had over the years, she's still no better off for it.

I'm kind of over Sonja setting up another pseudo business. We've had all of this talk already with her bloody toaster oven! >:( As entertaining as I think she is, she just comes across as desperate, a wannabe, a good old girl who had it all and now is sadly living in her past glory days, and no one cares.

Just when I was starting to warm to Ramona she goes and pulls another stunt that just makes me want to slap her in the gob. She just never learns, I hope Mario is watching these episodes as a reminder of what he is NOT missing out on.

Carole's storyline is having a younger boyfriend (cliche much?) and apparently becoming a member of her housing association board. The fun never stops, does it? What a time to be a housewife....

Luann is probably my favourite this season. Her whole demeanor seems to have chilled, but her catty remarks and put downs just make her funny this time around, whereas in the past there was an air of snootyness that just isn't there anymore.
  • Options
    BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Gosh it's quiet in here.

Some HW articles including Kim and rehab and her being sued again for dog attacking someone else last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=real+housewives
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokeypoo wrote: »
    Gosh it's quiet in here.

Some HW articles including Kim and rehab and her being sued again for dog attacking someone else last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=real+housewives

It's because NY is the only one currently airing, haha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Dillan,

On that note, did they ever show the season where Aviva threw her leg in UK do you know? I haven't seen NY since Aviva's first season but don't think I've missed it so wonder if it was shown :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ATL starts filming next week, still no confirmations on who is coming back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokeypoo wrote: »
    Hi Dillan,

On that note, did they ever show the season where Aviva threw her leg in UK do you know? I haven't seen NY since Aviva's first season but don't think I've missed it so wonder if it was shown :confused:

I'm not sure, I don't watch NY and I only watch the HW shows US time.

Kim has been axed from BH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks.

VERY glad Kim has gone - Nene, Ramona, Sonja and Brandi would be good to follow her too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather claiming editing is the reason she looks like a douche this season, nope girl if anything editing has been helping you the past couple of years.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather claiming editing is the reason she looks like a douche this season, nope girl if anything editing has been helping you the past couple of years.

Amen to that!! Iv been watching season 5 back and she's always been a douche! I'm really enjoying season 7 though and dorinda is great! I think the reunion will be good too... I love Ramona and LuAnn's 7 year frenemy relationship :P and LuAnn seriously looked like a drag queen at dorinda's birthday!! Liking the cast.

I'm surprised about the rumours Kathy is joining Beverly Hills... She could be good. I'd have her, lisa v, lisa r, Kyle, Eileen and Camille or Adrienne back with yolanda as a friend.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so enjoying NYC. I'm even quite enjoying Bethenny in a funny way. I'm still not a massive fan, but I do think having her back on the Housewives has been a great idea.

This season for me has a great feel to it. Even if I do think the cast is a bit big, I'm not entirely sure what role Kristen plays-she could easily have been a "friend" this season. But then I've heard it kicks off between her and Bethenny later on down the road.
    Dorinda is a great addition, I'm really enjoying her. Her house in the Berkshires is gorgeous :D Not all of her décor is to my tastes, but the house is amazing.

I did love being reminded of Ramona's reaction to Heathers house last season. Not quite in the same league was it?! Of course we all knew she would be falling all over herself to praise Dorinda's country pile! :D Speaking of Heather, this tension between her and Bethenny is interesting, but she really does need to get a grip of herself. She tries to come across all ghetto or something, like she has this street attitude, with her Holla this and Hey Mama that.....and then she proclaims herself a caviar **** and describes the really rough time she's going through because her long term nanny left :D:confused::D

So, it looks like Kim is off Beverly Hills. Thank God! Its about time. Kim has had no business being on the show for the last few years. She should have been gone after Season 1, 2 at max. Kims issues are way too big and serious, they aren't something that should be dealt with while having a camera in your face. She needs to get herself better, and I really hope that she can. Maybe not being on the show will help her do that.

Please No to replacing her with Kathy Hilton though :o I cant bear the woman. Cant believe I'm saying it, but the only Richards sister I want to see next season is Kyle. Bring back Adrienne or Camille. Id LOVE to see Camille back on BH.

So looking forward to the return of The OC this week. Looks like its going to be a good season.

If Atlanta starts filming soon hopefully we will get an idea of who is back. They need to really switch things up this season though. Season 7 was not their best. I still think Sheree is more than due a return! Id love to see her and Kenya get into it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered about Kim leaving but last season would have been a complete snooze without her. I would accept a Kathy Hilton entrance, I can see her being very feisty.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the whole Kim leaving article. Radar started the article and then it circulated. On the same day Radar said Kyle was being fired and Kathy was being brought in. Not to mention, that Kathy had cut Kim off...then another article saying Kim was moving in with Kathy. If Kathy was to join RHOBH it would only be to save Kim's job. I can't see Kathy coming in when Kim, Kyle or both leave.

I'm liking RHONY. It's such an improvement over last season. It's a shame the ratings haven't improved much. The episodes quality are a little hit and miss though. The Atlantic City episode was the best episode they've had in years.

I'm loving Bethenny but she does grate on me sometimes. She loud foghorn voice is so irritating. She cries way too much too. Why was Heather crying at the table in the last episode? To look a victim?

They need to amp the drama up a little. We're 10 episodes in now. The cast is a little too big as well. I'm still not seeing the point of Kristen or Carole. Heather annoys me but at least she is doing something. Carole not backing Heather up or agreeing with her at dinner could mean things are about to change. Carole and Heather usually have each others back 100%.

I'm excited for OC! I hope it doesn't take forever to heat up like Lizzie claims though. I'm so happy that Jeana, Lynne, etc will all be making appearances. There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz though.

Apparently, only Kenya, Nene, and Kandi are returning to Atlanta. I'm hoping they keep Cynthia around part time. Phaedra, Porsha and Claudia can go. I'm hoping Phaedra is out. I can't bear to watch another season of her. She's just not fun any longer. I live for a Sheree return. I'd love to see Kim return for a few appearances too (since she wont come back full time).