• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I think they were pulling your leg.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Barney06 wrote: »
    The editor of Labour List Mark Ferguson has stepped down to run Kendall's campaign .

http://medium.com/p/c6f247a351b5

Must be confident that she has got the 35 voted needed to stand .

I wish her well and she's now got the support of Tristram Hunt. I think it is in the best interests of that party that they now move on beyond the generation of tainted Blair/Brown era politicians.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spectator is quite impressed with her:
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/05/kendall-is-a-hard-act-to-follow-for-cooper-and-burnham/

The question will be how her lack of experience will show up against the battle hardened Cooper and Burnham once the campign starts properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Chuka comes out an backs her then thats a winner. Burnham will not win this election, and those calling Liz a Tory know nothing about her, she's more centrist/Lib Dem if anything.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    If Chuka comes out an backs her then thats a winner. Burnham will not win this election, and those calling Liz a Tory know nothing about her, she's more centrist/Lib Dem if anything.

I hope he does and that will give her a greater chance of winning. As an aside, l like this election quote of hers below:

“We lost our shadow chancellor, but most people thought we had lost our balls before the election.”
  • Options
    samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a good shout

I think she is better than Burham and Cooper. Burnham is Miliband Pt 2
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I like what she's been saying so far and it's been years since I've said that about a Labour politician. I like the fact that she's acknowledged that the Labour Party doesn't have a God-given right to exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31IljJSx5IA

Here she is making a fool out of Evan Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTWfYcLKR4

I think Andrew Neil likes her too.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From Lord Ashcroft . " My goodness Liz Kendall must be the first to smell the coffee and accept the voters had a point . She mustn't be the next leader "

For what it's worth latest poll from Ashcrodft.

Burnham 5/6
    Kendall 5/2
    Cooper 7/2
    Creagh 20/1
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Labour member, I'm voting for her (if she gets on the ballot that is). She's really the best out of a bad bunch of candidates. Anything to stop Burnham who like he did with NHS when he was health minster will cripple the Labour Party even more come the next election.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the best candidate of the three (which isn't saying much).

Burnham will win (the union choice).

Labour will lose again.

They still won't get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Miliband was outright favourite, we all know what happened there with Uncle Len, but now its One Member One Vote, it was reformed by Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    As a Labour member, I'm voting for her (if she gets on the ballot that is). She's really the best out of a bad bunch of candidates. Anything to stop Burnham who like he did with NHS when he was health minster will cripple the Labour Party even more come the next election.

You make a good point barring his other flaws, mid-staffs will cripple his credibility on the NHS.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    The Spectator is quite impressed with her:
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/05/kendall-is-a-hard-act-to-follow-for-cooper-and-burnham/

The question will be how her lack of experience will show up against the battle hardened Cooper and Burnham once the campign starts properly.

One man's battle-hardened is another's tarred with the previous regimes brush.

As a Tory I do hope Burnham gets the gig.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Judging by her unashamed Right wing views no doubt the party will be renamed the New Conservative Party if Kendall is elected leader.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Judging by her unashamed Right wing views no doubt the party will be renamed the New Conservative Party if Kendall is elected leader.
    Since the days of Saint Tony they've already been that in all but name anyway...
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    From Lord Ashcroft . " My goodness Liz Kendall must be the first to smell the coffee and accept the voters had a point . She mustn't be the next leader "

For what it's worth latest poll from Ashcrodft.

Burnham 5/6
    Kendall 5/2
    Cooper 7/2
    Creagh 20/1

That's not a poll its the betting odds?
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Clarisse76 wrote: »
    Since the days of Saint Tony they've already been that in all but name anyway...

Miliband introduced a few more progressive policies. It's a pity they are reverting back to the Blairite style.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Miliband introduced a few more progressive policies. It's a pity they are reverting back to the Blairite style.
    Miliband backed the snooper's charter and consequently no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for both the Labour and the Tory parties. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin ;-)
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Well, if Tristram Hunt isn't going to stand, then, in my view, Liz Kendall is the right person to revive Labour's fortunes.

Andy Burnham just has too much baggage - if Labour do not wish to be elected in 2020, that's who they should go for.

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Well, if Tristram Hunt isn't going to stand, then, in my view, Liz Kendall is the right person to revive Labour's fortunes.

Andy Burnham just has too much baggage - if Labour do not wish to be elected in 2020, that's who they should go for.

Regards,

Cypher

I may join-up, just to vote for him!:D
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Except that no one wanted them, him or his Edstone anywhere near No. 10.

Kendall would at least be a breath of fresh air, untainted by the toxicity of the Blair/Brown governments.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, progressive. You mean: loony left spend-spend-spend. The public sensibly rejected Ed's loony agenda. You and others really should pay attention to comments like this:

CRTHD wrote: »
    As a Tory I do hope Burnham gets the gig.

Tories were hoping and praying Ed Milliband would stay leader. That in itself should have been enough to get rid of him.
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably why Hunt is backing her after he had to pull out:
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/tristram-hunt-ducks-out-of-leadership-race-after-discovering-hes-a-tory-2015052198479

Wonder if this is true: (lol)
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/liz-kendall-to-punch-uks-last-coal-miner-2015052298524
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice legs, she will do. :D