Options

Freddie Starr

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah hes looking terrible, doesn't look like he'll see the year out, took a terrible toll on him all this, poor bloke :(
  • Options
    History GalHistory Gal Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Gosh he looked so ill. I'd be inclined to say he almost looks like he has dementia or Parkinsons, with the shuffling gait. How very sad for all concerned.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is, if he hasn't done anything, there'll still be gossip about him from gobby swines. In other words, the pitchfork mob.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Though there are still plenty of people conviced he did it. It's just it can't be proved after all "why would a woman lie and put herself through this". Well when money is concerned there are plenty of people who would do anything to get hold of some.
    read this on another thread about the Jimmy Tarbuck debacle

-one accuser said he abused her on Top of The Pops...Tarby never presented Top of the Pops...another said he abused her at the BBC - a year BEFORE he did any work for or at the BBC!.

.....and the cops/CPS dragged his case out for a year....based on accusations like the ones above...FFS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

-one accuser said he abused her on Top of The Pops...Tarby never presented Top of the Pops...another said he abused her at the BBC - a year BEFORE he did any work for or at the BBC!.

.....and the cops/CPS dragged his case out for a year....based on accusations like the ones above...FFS

The coppers and CPS that were involved with the above case have shown themselves to be completely incompetent.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police/CPS have become very political and seem to pursue people just in order to look good.

Then they try and save face when it all collapses, just like a politician would do.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like others have said, he does look terrible. He's been no angel in his lifetime and would probably be the first to admit it but I really thought he was too upfront and obvious in his manner to sink to the surreptitious depths that Savile, Hall and Clifford seem to have done. Too erratic and manic to be constructively deceptive.
    I have never liked Tarby- always thought of him as a bighead who lacked the talent of his peers and often rode their coat-tails- but also thought that it was a stretch when they pulled him in. I know appearances can be deceiving but he always seemed to be very much a private, family man away from the limelight. He also seems to have suffered badly following all this.

How some have abused their positions a celebrities to get away with assaulting vulnerable others beggars belief. The have done their peers a great disservice by causing lots of innocent ones to face hideous scrutiny and speculation. Equally, the same applies to some of their accusers, in terms how they have undermined the cause of those who have experienced genuine abuse and maltreatment, whether underage or not.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, he looks terrible. What will happen to the people that made these accusations against him? Do we even know who they are?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Oh dear, he looks terrible. What will happen to the people that made these accusations against him? Do we even know who they are?

Unless they wave their right to privacy... We will never know who they are.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I think one of the accusers names was quite well known, she'd written an e-book or something. I think Starr threatened to sue her and she said go ahead, I've got no money anyway or something like that.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We know who one is, a Duncroft girl, she set the ball rolling. Said she was 14 when she met Freddie on Clunk Click with a group of other Duncroft girls. Freddie appeared on Clunk Click April 74 when in fact she was 16 born March 1958

She's wrote a few books. In her first book she wrote about her 15th birthday at her previous institution in Norfolk, she must have forgotten what she wrote. Seems strange she forgot as she accused members of staff at Norfolk of abuse as well.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »

Some of their opinions are unbelievable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's cases like this that make me want to call Operation Yewtree a joke and a failure, even though they've got it right in cases like Stuart Hall and Max Clifford. The price an accused party has to pay when they are in fact innocent is simply too high.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Freddie's comedy act, but I was shocked by his decline, he looks finished, broken. I wish him better days ahead.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly looks very unwell physically and mentally. Never thought of him as a funny or charming man, still a shame to see him looking so shattered.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    He looks ruined but i hardly think that is the fault of the justice system. Its the same justice system that convicted Clifford and Hall and rightly so. If Starr is innocent then obviously its horrible that he has been put through this but that is the fault of the people making false accusations not those investigating them.

Personally I'm deeply suspicious of all the accused parties, which is of course totally unfair on anyone who happens to be innocent but I'm not sure you are continually investigated for a year without due cause. Proving it, or believing there is a chance of proving it, is a completely different matter though.
  • Options
    Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks a completely broken man - I hope he manages to get himself turned around in the coming months, as well as getting the help and support that he clearly needs.

I've always been a Freddy fan.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So where was his wife( half his age), who was happy to smile for the cameras etc before this all came to court???
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    just collateral damage in the witchhunt

BREAKING NEWS

JIMMY SAVILE FOUND TO BE STILL DECEASED
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newspapers, the police force, and the media should all apologise to Freddie. He's name has been dragged through the mud.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he does look broken but to me this is now the man who cried wolf. I have lost count of the times I have seen him look sad and down over something he has been accused of doingin his wild party days, I'm so jaded with this man that I believe once the cameras were off he slapped the other man on the he back and said..I think that went down very well,dont you..fancy a beer mate
    Do I think he did it..I don't know as I wasn't there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't mean to be heartless because being accused of something so terrible, when innocent must be awful but judging by his physical appearance alone, all I see is a very unhealthy man, mainly due to the fact he's so overweight & quite clearly very unfit.

He's been like that for years, long before operation yew tree.
    Unhealthy and unfit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    So where was his wife( half his age), who was happy to smile for the cameras etc before this all came to court???

What does his wife's age have to do with anything...if she is half his age she is 35/36 ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he does look broken but to me this is now the man who cried wolf. I have lost count of the times I have seen him look sad and down over something he has been accused of doingin his wild party days, I'm so jaded with this man that I believe once the cameras were off he slapped the other man on the he back and said..I think that went down very well,dont you..fancy a beer mate
    Do I think he did it..I don't know as I wasn't there.

The man is broken ,you can see that by looking at him..he wasn't acting