Options

Best Free Kindle Books

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think there was a thread on this before, but since DS has such a hatred of thread resurrection I thought I'd start a new one.

I've just got a Kindle and I'm addicted. :D I really enjoy browsing the free books and downloading ones that sound interesting, but as you'd expect it's pretty hit and miss.

What free Kindle books have you enjoyed?

My favourite so far is Scraping the Bone by William Malmborg. It's a collection of 10 short horror stories. I enjoyed them all and have bought his novel, which there was a sample of at the back.

Now I'm reading Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, one of the many classics available free.

Comments

• Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there was a thread on this before, but since DS has such a hatred of thread resurrection I thought I'd start a new one.

I've just got a Kindle and I'm addicted. :D I really enjoy browsing the free books and downloading ones that sound interesting, but as you'd expect it's pretty hit and miss.

What free Kindle books have you enjoyed?

My favourite so far is Scraping the Bone by William Malmborg. It's a collection of 10 short horror stories. I enjoyed them all and have bought his novel, which there was a sample of at the back.

Now I'm reading Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, one of the many classics available free.

Ooh! I've just downloaded "Scraping the Bone". Hope it's good.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    The Profiler by Chris Taylor is free right now, it's got mixed reviews but if you enjoy a suspense novel, give it a try.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the hacker crackdown by sci fi writer bruce sterling. interesting history of early computer hacking on academic networks and the nascent internet. free at manybooks (legally with authors permission).
  • Options
    SuperSuper Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    The Sam Archer books by Tom Barber are good reads.
  • Options
    HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    The Magpies by Mark Edwards was free a week or so ago and I quite enjoyed that.

Twenty eight and a half wishes by Denise Grover Swank was another one I enjoyed.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    HelenW82 wrote: »
    The Magpies by Mark Edwards was free a week or so ago and I quite enjoyed that.

Twenty eight and a half wishes by Denise Grover Swank was another one I enjoyed.
    I've read both of those, I second this recommendation.

I'd also recommend Mona Lisa Eyes by M.D. Grayson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    Ooh! I've just downloaded "Scraping the Bone". Hope it's good.

What did you think?
    The Profiler by Chris Taylor is free right now, it's got mixed reviews but if you enjoy a suspense novel, give it a try.

It's still free so I've downloaded it, thanks :D