Songs which need to be removed from radio stations in the UK

Comments

• MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora.
    I simply cannot stand that song and do not know how it made number one!

Happy is probably the most played song of the 2010's so far.

I'm sure Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie was the most played song of the 2000's, although I must admit I haven't heard it played for a while now.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by Olly Murs. He's dreadful.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. Every Sunday on BBC Radio 1 at 7pm, they have a request show. Last Sunday I was listening to it, one person rang up requesting Pharrell Williams - "Happy" and another requested Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe". I thought that took the absolute piss. People shouldn't request songs which are overplayed enough as it is.

This. If you're requesting a song, pick something you like which you don't hear often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Pitbull- Give Me Everything

This has been Capitals go to track for the last 3 years and its never sounded good. He rhymes Kodak with Kodak ffs! :confused:
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I remember my mum telling me (in her old workplace) the radio was set to Kiss fm ( I think) and they played Run The World by Beyonce and Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga each twice a day.
    She told me it was a nightmare,I felt sorry for her having to listen to those dreadful songs everyday.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are prejudiced to alternative, rock and indie music as well. Whenever I listen to Capital, I have never heard any songs from those genres except Coldplay - "Paradise" and Bastille - "Of The Night".

Capital has always been an enemy of those genres. I remember that even during the heyday of Britpop they tried their best to ignore what was going on. Blur were hardly ever played, and it took until Wonderwall was a huge hit for any recognition for Oasis. Every other band hardly had a look in, except Pulp.
    Back in the late 70's, The Clash released a song directly about, and called, Capital Radio. It apparently summed up the mood for a lot of London kids back then, although I wasn't born, so I can't verify this personally! :)
    It's a nightmare of a station that grew into a network, and I will never listen to it willingly again... Unless they hire a DJ I like! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Anything by Justin Bieber, One Direction and Little Mix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Ed Sheeran and Pharrel song Sing. Can't stand it!Ed sounding so much like Justin Timberlake now.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I agree about Ed Sheeran - "Sing". That definitely needs to be removed from radio
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I don't listen to the radio very often now that I have my own car. CDs and my iPod take priority.
    Naught Boy featuring Sam Smith - "La La La" also needs to be removed from radio stations. It's been overplayed since May last year.

I don't mind that one as I haven't heard it for ages.
    Ænima wrote: »
    I don't get the point of radio, playing songs I can't stand.

Build playlist on phone > Bluetooth to car, You can buy the adaptors pretty cheaply if your car doesn't have Bluetooth.

Yes. :) I have an aux lead for my iPod.
    scott83 wrote: »
    I still hear Gotye -somebody I used to know,about 5 times a day.
    That guy must be worth a fortune.

I haven't heard that for ages so I don't mind it. I did used to dislike it though as my old workplace had HeartFM on all day.
    dodrade wrote: »
    You get what you give- new radicals, has been played to death on local radio since 1998.

I quite like that.
    I agree about Ed Sheeran - "Sing". That definitely needs to be removed from radio

I don't mind "Sing" but it isn't his best.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    More songs which need to be removed from radio:

Meghan Trainor - "All About That Bass"
    Iggy Azalea featuring Rita Ora - "Black Widow"
    Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea - "Problem"
    Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - "Bang Bang"
    Nicki Minaj - "Anaconda"
    Lilly Wood & Robin Schulz - "Prayer In C"
    Oliver Heldens & Becky Hill - "Gecko (Overdrive)"
    Sam Smith - "Stay With Me"
    Nico & Vinz - "Am I Wrong"
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Happy is still being played to death on Heart.....48 weeks on the chart...arghhh...how many times do they say Happy in that song...makes me miserable ..i hate it
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angels by Robbie Williams.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Happy is still being played to death on Heart.....48 weeks on the chart...arghhh...how many times do they say Happy in that song...makes me miserable ..i hate it

Agree with every word. I HATE that song!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Anything by will.i.am.

Yes. Though not counting SOME Black Eyed Peas songs.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I doubt anyone plays it but i have been known to run out of the room or push people out of the way to change it if Agadoo starts playing.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    All of the above plus 'Ghost' by Ella Henderson. It's such a repetitive song,

In total agreement
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Happy - Pharrell Williams
    Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
    Dancing Queen - ABBA (I love ABBA but this is not the only song they've ever recorded)
    Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
    Anything by Adele, Emeli Sande, One Direction, Jessie J, Pitbull, Dustbin Beaver, Robbie Williams...
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by One Direction :cool:
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Agree with every word. I HATE that song!

They keep playing Pharrells Happy even though he has released new singles, they play this instead.
    Same with One Republic's Counting Stars instead of their new songs. Seems very strange.
    people are gonna just switch off.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clown

Read all about it - If they are going to play this song, then please let it be the version with Professor Green & not the wrist slitting solo version.

Anything by 1D
    Nicki Minaj - Starships
    Beyonce - Halo
    Anything by Mariah Carey / Celine Dion.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blame it on Me - George Ezra. Repetitive beyond belief.
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Blame it on Me - George Ezra. Repetitive beyond belief.

Couldn't agree more
    as well as Budapest

And the Godawful Let her go, that voice is just grating
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    deleted :o
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    deleted again.