Accents and Age

Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone feel like their accent grew thicker with age? I'm having a lot of people tell me my accent is stronger than it used to be! Which I don't mind.

Also, what are some of your favorite accents? Mine would be, the welsh... Of course ;-) and I quite like the geordie accent too... although enough of it can get very annoying.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in Scotland 46 years and still have my English accent. It's probably changed a bit over the years but I still sound English.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been told i sound like a certain singer when i talk and am consciously trying not to, but then my accent has never been that strong even when i speak and tell people where i am from they say i don't sound like where i come from
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    i have been told i sound like a certain singer when i talk and am consciously trying not to, but then my accent has never been that strong even when i speak and tell people where i am from they say i don't sound like where i come from

Please tell me you sound like Tom Jones.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I've been in Scotland 46 years and still have my English accent. It's probably changed a bit over the years but I still sound English.

Wow, that's cool. I know someone who can switch between scottish and welsh instantly, it's very weird!

You sound like their singing voice or their talking voice haha? I know a lot of people like that, recently met someone born and bred in Wrexham but sounds nothing like a North Walien.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jimmy Somerville? :o
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha ha both his singing and speaking voice is very very different :D