Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
Downloaded it from the ps3 store, installed correctly, but can not play it as I have not got a 'promotional code'.

With the disc version, you find it in the users manual apparently, so what about if you download it?

Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PSN version of the game does not have a registration code.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Soooo

Iv bought game I can not play?

Or do I need to somehow get a code?

Thanks for the reply :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i remember correctly all you need is to create a Square Enix account then simply log in on the ps3.
    Forum Member
    Ok thank you.

I will try that now and let you know how I get on!

Thanks!
    Forum Member
    Although this may be a problem too.

On start up, the first thing the game asks for is the promotional code. No mention of an Square Enix account (I'm aware you create one after a code is given)

Hopefully Il be given a code after creating an account so I can play the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will admit the PSn registration is awkward;

This link might help
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the Iink, but it only applies to those who bought the disc.

Those who downloaded it have been left high and dry at the moment -.-

Iv had a look on the Square Enix forums for answers. Some people have mentioned a small file (100kb) is also downloaded possibly containing this info...It's not in my download history.

I also can't find any way of acquiring a code on Square Enix's website...They are just selling outrageously priced games.

This game is turning into a bit of a bad joke at the moment. Never had such a fuss to play a game I have already paid for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think this is awkward then my God never play FFXI lol.

I assume you have now created a SE account if so google search Mogstation and log in with your SE account and have a look around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted a thread on the games forums and if i get any response i'll tell you.
    Forum Member
    Thanks mate.

I'm still completely stumped as to what I can do.

EVERYTIME I think I'm getting somewhere, Il need the code before I go any further.

PSN should include a warning or some sort of information in this games description, from all the various forums Iv read this game seems to be nothing but trouble when downloaded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the PS3 (or PS4) versions, the code you need is to tell the PSN you bought the game. If you bought it through PSN, you don't need a code, as it already knows. Your friend should be able to download and start up the game on the PS3 he bought it through. When he starts it for the first time, it will prompt him to either link to an existing SE account or create a new one. That SE account will then be identified as having purchased that PS3 copy, because the PSN will tell it so.

That's the response i got from the forums
    Forum Member
    Think Iv nailed it.

Thanks for help, will let you know if I run into any problems
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry other than registration the game is pretty smooth you shouldn't really run into anything game breaking anymore.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hope it worked. It's a great game. But I don't play it anymore as it was taking over my life.