Comments

• Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    I don't think Gilbert is austistic or supposed to be

he's just a nerdy loner
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My reaction exactly. This was painfully bad, embarassing to watch. Almost made the Stephen K Amos show look good by comparison.
    He should put that on his DVD release "Looks good compared to The Morgane Show" :D
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Gilbert originally played by Holly Walsh on TnT a couple of years ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I laughed all the way through it. :o

Especially loved the Boris Johnson sketch. :p

I liked the young boy sketch too - just found him funny - and very accurate in mannerisms and speech to lost of kids. Everyone seems quick to judge and disect everything these days - including every sketch and character or a show. :yawn:

Anyway, it gave me many more laughs than The Impressions Show - and I thought the writing was much better than that.
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say I quite enjoyed it more enjoyable than Catherine Tate .

The two TV presenters are good and the Undertaker couple are divinely creepy.

Ferne Cotton is spot on.
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really enjoying it too, Its more hit than miss for me.

The Fearne Cotton impression is terrifyingly real, Cheryl Cole/Dannii Minogue sketches are very funny, The Undertakers and TV presenters are also pretty funny, But Gilbert is the star of the show! Its incredibly well put together and actually has a touch of pathos to its humour.

Not too keen on the awful young Boris Johnston, The bitter actress or those "old soldiers". There's certainly room for improvement but its not as awful as some are making out.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No idea on that, but HW is someone else who I just don't get at all. She's on MTW occasionally but there seem to be words where jokes would be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I really liked the trailer trash family at the end and Cheryl and Dani:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I would give it another go, wasnt impressed with the first episode, and I got to the undertaker scene and gave up watching it. Very poor show and wont watch it again.
  • Greggybaby UKGreggybaby UK Posts: 301
    Forum Member

Nope - Holly was one of the featured artists on the show, but Gilbert was the one contribution to the programme from Morgana.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the Fearne Cotton sketch & she does actually look a lot like Fearne Cotton!!!

Are they related?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the Fearne Cotton sketch & she does actually look a lot like Fearne Cotton!!!

Are they related?

No. Very funny tonight, esp. Gilbert! Dancing was hilarious!

'Oooh Julie!' :D
  • 15 minutes15 minutes Posts: 12,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly Thaila Zucchi in tramadol and now Belinda stewart wilson in Morgana.

Ooh la la

(Morgana isn't too shabby either:o)
  • Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - Holly was one of the featured artists on the show, but Gilbert was the one contribution to the programme from Morgana.

That's right. I've thought, ever since I saw the character on TNT show, that he was played on that show by Holly. And someone earlier on this thread thought that when Gilbert appeared in the current show, it was Holly! They do look rather alike under the guise of Gilbert.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    No. Very funny tonight, esp. Gilbert! Dancing was hilarious!

'Oooh Julie!' :D

Got to agree.

I enjoy her show; I think she's really good.

I thought the out-and-out sketch show format had died, but Morgana seems to have produced a decent one for a new generation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The advert made me feel uncomfortable, the part witht he child with learning difficulties or somthing, I found it to be really disturbing, so havnt watched.

Would anyone reccomend I did??
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are they related?

No, but apparently they are friends and have known each other for years - which helps explain the uncanniness of the impression.

I'm not so impressed with the rest of her character but Fearne is frighteningly realistic.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Havent seen yet, I did hear her saying s*** live on channel 5 radio though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I'm loving it ... but mainly for Tom Davis.
    Joyce and Barry Dickens, the funeral directors, need their own show!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »

Yes, she was clearly nervous in the interview, being new to the fame game, and got a little carried away with herself. She spent the rest of the interview apologising.
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed Gilbert last week so good to see him back tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I cant cope with the Gilbert kid, it makes me feel really unomfortable to watch it!! Me and my OH tried watching the show last night but couldnt make it past Gilbert.

I am not normally one of those people that gets offended easily either!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason up until yesterdays show I never realised the Morgana show had a laughter track... i found it really irritating! Only realised during gilberts sketch and actually stopped me enjoying it as much. I would prefer it without a laughter track. Gilbert and the funeral couple are 3 of the best comedy characters for a sketch show in aaaggess!! Fearne, dannie and cheryl sketches are both really good too! dont care too much for the rest.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can anyone find the Gilbert kid sketch funny?

I watched a bit of it and the canned laughter was laughing at him making a cup of tea, what the F was funny about that?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »

channel 5 radio?