Options

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murk wrote: »
    Right thanks for clarifying that for me, as i only have 1 hand i can properly use the other two games were perfect as everything was mouse controlled but if this one is wasd movement then i will give it a miss for now.

Apologies if this is out of place, or something you've looked at before, but I saw this UK charity for disabled gamers mentioned somewhere recently (maybe even here at DS):

http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/
  • Options
    MurkMurk Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Apologies if this is out of place, or something you've looked at before, but I saw this UK charity for disabled gamers mentioned somewhere recently (maybe even here at DS):

http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

Oh thank you very much i have not seen this website before so i will give it a look! :)

Edit: I have actually just donated £25 to them as i think the work they do helps disabled people get into gaming a lot easier.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Ok today I just entered the hissing waters. What a b1tch of an area. It takes forever to get around it. FOREVER. I found a dragon here and seen as I'm on a good roll with killing dragons I thought I'd tackle him. I've killed 4 dragons so far. I killed the one at the emerald graves today and it was relatively easy but the hissing waters one was a jump in difficulty. He didn't kill me or any of my teammates but I was down to one potion left and the dragons health wasn't even half way down so I just retreated. I'm at level 19 so maybe by the time I have this area completed I might be able to take him down. There's some really good loot in this area.

I was hoping to have this finished by next Friday but that's not going to happen. I have this area and Emprise du Lion left and then I've to go back on all the areas to tidy up, and I've to finish the main story, no idea how much left I have.

Uugghh. I love the game but I can't wait for it to be over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got three dragons to deal with in Emprise du Lion. :D

I find a guard or barrier spell and hacking away at their legs helps. Or the Spirit Blade as Knight Enchanter does a lot of damage.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just killed the Hissing Wastes dragon, my sixth. Down to no potions and also used up all my proximity heals. Just made it then almost exited without saving. The game warned me but I got a shiver down my spine. I would have only hoped that the autosave had saved at the right moment.
  • Options
    gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st single player DLC out today (well on PC & Xbox One anyway)

Jaws of Hakkon.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just completed the game this morning.

My two final acts were to defeat the final dragon - The Highland Ravager - and Corypheus. The dragon was harder.

Another good DA game to go with the other two. Just a shame we have to for the DLC on the PS4. Another game please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the final boss fight was very easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dragonage.com/en_GB/news/new-dragon-age-inquisition-dlc-and-more-coming-soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQKGFMfXx0

Trespasser - the final DLC - will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC on 8 September.

It's a story DLC epilogue, set two years after the main game.

Looks very interesting from the trailer - much more than the other DLC :)
  • Options
    Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buying this game next Friday hopefully. The reviews have been good.

My only fear is that I'm coming off The Witcher 3 and comparing and contrasting will be inevitable...
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My only fear is that I'm coming off The Witcher 3 and comparing and contrasting will be inevitable...

Currently still only 12.99 at Argos for the GOTY edition.

I played it before Witcher 3, it's a good game but I preferred Witcher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »

Without spoilers, can I ask why you preferred Witcher?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred DA:I.

I got bored of The Witcher 3.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Same here. I played DA:I first but The Witcher has better characters, a better story and a better world. That's not to say DA:I is bad. It's great, but The Witcher is just better in every way.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had the same problem when I went from skyrim to the witcher 2 on the 360. Witcher 2 got boxed for a year and a half. It wasn't skyrim. When I went back to the witcher 2 I actually enjoyed it.

I have been playing through the jaws of hakkon. It is tough from the start, and I am only playing it on normal. I have made it to the boss fight with Gurd. I am going to need some proper tactics here. Think I will have to go back to the start of the level and use the potion table. Any help on gurd, I might have to drop the difficulty to easy:blush:
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without spoilers, can I ask why you preferred Witcher?

It's pretty much like Yuffie said:
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I played DA:I first but The Witcher has better characters, a better story and a better world. That's not to say DA:I is bad. It's great, but The Witcher is just better in every way.

DA:I is Hollywood surface to Witcher's gritty, deep, indie film. Witcher is a far richer experience, IMHO, and far less linear and much more open than DA:I. DA:I is good but very different from how Witcher plays out. I pretty much stopped playing DA:I when Witcher came out and have yet to go back to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty much like Yuffie said:

DA:I is Hollywood surface to Witcher's gritty, deep, indie film. Witcher is a far richer experience, IMHO, and far less linear and much more open than DA:I. DA:I is good but very different from how Witcher plays out. I pretty much stopped playing DA:I when Witcher came out and have yet to go back to it.

Do your actions have positive and negative consequences like Witcher 3?
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of the two I preferred The Witcher.

I felt that despite the massive world of the Witcher, the quests and side quests only serve to drive the plot further forward without leaving you in an open world unsure of what to do.

In Dragon Age I feel the opposite is true, despite the world being broken up into several smaller parts. I felt the side quests were only there to fill a requirement rather than build upon the world or its characters. If I could just skim through the story I would, whereas the Witcher I want to take part in everything that it offers.

I'm convinced the people who make Dragon Age are still unsure of what they want it to be, but it's still an enjoyable game.
  • Options
    IamParadoxIamParadox Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do your actions have positive and negative consequences like Witcher 3?

Yes. The actions you take determine what happens as the story progresses. It's a more streamlined story but very enjoyable :).

I plan to replay the game with DLC this year.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved both
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Inquisition was great.

I liked that I could pick my race, and people reacted to it throughout the game.

I liked that I could walk into a bar and hear a bard sing a folky song about my adventures. The music was good actually, it really builds the atmosphere.

I thought the story was only average overall, but certain elements of it at certain points, were executed perfectly, and were quite special moments when playing through that first time.

I thought the war table was a nice addition. Makes you feel important.

I liked how open the game was, but it never felt too overwhelming. Not many rpg’s get that balance right.

It’s cool being able to have a romance option, and special quests and cutscenes related to that, depending on who you pick.

I think BioWare are great at character driven stories and making strange worlds seem alive and buzzing with activity. The world and its different races never felt trite, and there were some brilliant characters.

Late on, I did feel the game start to lag a little after a generally excellent opening/ middle section, and the combat could start to approach farcical levels when you become more powered up (Skyrim also had this issue for me), but overall, I'd say this is definitely worth playing. I'd probably give it an 8/10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know who to suppport - mage or Templar?

I am a mage human but the former I find highly suspicious and I'd like to think that if I get the Templar onside they can see reason and join with the mages. Then again my brain tells me that if I join forces with the mages getting the approval of Templars won't even be needed because the mages will obliterate them. The mages are clearly the stronger side.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know who to suppport - mage or Templar?

I am a mage human but the former I find highly suspicious and I'd like to think that if I get the Templar onside they can see reason and join with the mages. Then again my brain tells me that if I join forces with the mages getting the approval of Templars won't even be needed because the mages will obliterate them. The mages are clearly the stronger side.

Thoughts?

I would say just go with who you feel is the better side for your character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both sides seem iffy, but I went with the Mages.

IIRC, many people preferred the Mage quest branch to the Templar one when the game first came out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's so much to do right off the bat that I find myself clicking random things mainly because I find the menu layouts to be rather confusing. Like the magika assignment - I don't understand how the skill points work. You click an ability but then it doesn't allow you to map it to your weapon wheel... I still don't understand how crafting works because the menu layout is so poor.