Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I only started playing cod when black ops came out so every cod i played after that seemed inferior but the last two have been a joke, its got to the point i would be genuinely happy to see a MW3 remaster.

I remember being horrified when MW3 came out - such a step down from CoD4, MW2 and BlOps (and even WaW tbh) - but now, it seems like a masterpiece of gaming compared to the absolute garbage that's come after it (with the exception of BlOps2 which was 'ok').

The last two games have been nothing short of horrific.
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall wait until its in the budget bin like AW was at the beginning of the year alas on sale in Tesco for £25.

BLops and BLops Poo are the worst 2 in the COD series So BLops poo +1. will highly likely join them. WaW wasn't great either.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RS_mark84 wrote: »
    I shall wait until its in the budget bin like AW was at the beginning of the year alas on sale in Tesco for £25.

BLops and BLops Poo are the worst 2 in the COD series So BLops poo +1. will highly likely join them. WaW wasn't great either.

I agree, cant wait for ghosts 2.
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghost storyline wasn't so bad.... Its just that over the years too many killstreak rewards are offered. Should go back to 3 rewards like COD4. I hated the dog one in WaW though.

This is killing online play, plus maps aren't to great and plenty of camping sites mean people dont move around.

I would like to see a CoD modern warfare game exclusive for online only, No story just maps from all 3 games and the guns too, But minimum killstreak rewards.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Decided to give AW a go. Playing s&d. Can't say I'm impressed. Maps are tiny. Feels like a skip and a jump and you're beside any target.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Guess it's ok for a quick blast. Just the games are over so quick
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    return of Nuketown?
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Although I don’t mind the exo suit and the jumping, I am surprised they are bringing it back as a lot of people have been put off COD because of it.

Going by each COD, anything new in a game, be it the slide, faster window/wall climbing and now the exo jump, they incrementally add it to the next COD to save development time so guess it makes sense. Would have been nice to see a truly next gen COD with the old school mechanics.

I just hope now they bring out a next gen COD4/MW2 remake seeing as the exo suits are here to stay if only to bring back that one more game feeling that has been lacking from AW and Ghosts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can have both by having classic matches without suit. Unfortunately AW only seems to have tdm and mosh pit
    Forum Member
    Plus the maps were clearly designed for navigation by the exo suit. Without them, they played even worse.

I hope they come right out on the 26th and say that exo suits are staying. It'll save me time from listening to the rest of the announcement.
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a644062/is-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-about-to-introduce-a-full-co-op-campaign.html

This is sounding more and more like it'll be the easiest CoD yet to pass on.

Controllable thrusts? The very fact that thrusts are in the game at all will be enough for me to divest myself of further interest.

If this is confirmed it'll be £40+ saved. :)
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    New Black Ops 3/Advanced Warfare 2 gameplay trailer http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/new-black-ops-3-gameplay-trailer-reveals-release-date

Not for me this game

6th November release date for anyone that's interested, with a beta if you preorder
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks like a really easy one to pass on. Utterly underwhelming trailer.
    Forum Member
    The trailer is horrifying. It's basically everything that I hoped it wouldn't be.

Just about as easy a pass as I'll ever likely have. You couldn't pay me to play that.

Roll on Battlefield.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I really don't know who wants more of this futuristic crap in COD? On Facebook, the pages which have shared the video are full of top comments of people saying they're fed up with it all & just want the game to go back to basics like the MW days. Very little, if any, positive impressions
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    RS_mark84 wrote: »
    W@W is probably my favorite COD game (I'd love to see them go back to that) & I quite liked Blops as well & while I was less keen on Blops 2 I still liked it more than Ghosts/Advanced Warfare (I played both but brought neither) & MW2/3 (My 2 least favorite COD's).

Going back to W@W, I love the multiplayer on that, Some great maps & I love the WW2 weapons & the slightly slower paced gameplay those & the older technology you were using brought into the gameplay. I also loved the campaign, Good story & genuinely challenging & really difficult on the harder difficulties.

Coming forward to Black Ops 3, Right now I've not much interest in buying it & the trailer that hit today didn't really change that. But when I see more gameplay & hear more opinions I could change my mind.
    Forum Member
    WaW suffered due to the massive success of CoD4. A lot of people will have done what I did - played it for a month or two and then figured that actually I still really want to play CoD4 instead. It was only later on when I went back to WaW again that its brilliance became evident.

The galling part of this futuristic slant is that it's now front and centre for each of the three developers. Why do they ALL have to be about future tech? Why can't one be historical warfare, one modern warfare, and the other future warfare. As it is I really don't know why they've bothered branding this latest one Black Ops. From the footage in the trailer it looks as though it'll be indistinguishable from AW.
    Forum Member
    So, no Exo suits in this one...but there IS thrust jumps, wall running and power slides which are effectively what the exo suit did..

There's also robots (think Chappie), you can shoot a swarm of fireflies from your finger tips and you have infinite sprint.

You can have 5 attachments plus an optic on your gun, and the game is set c2060.

Sounds sh*t.
  • Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I really don't know who wants more of this futuristic crap in COD? On Facebook, the pages which have shared the video are full of top comments of people saying they're fed up with it all & just want the game to go back to basics like the MW days. Very little, if any, positive impressions

I could not agree more. Why can't they not go back to Black Op's 1!!! Brilliant and well balanced game of them all and awesome 15th prestige!!! I've boycotted Ghosts and advanced Warfare, now I will be doing the same with this piece of shit... COD is dead to me :(
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems to be having a universally bad reaction. It will still sell like hotcakes I suppose.
    Do they not have focus groups anymore? Mind you I suppose when they started making it there was an appetite for future tech (3 years ago was it?)
    Forum Member
    I don't blame Treyarch as such, but Activision, as masters and overlords of the franchise should have the global view and thought "you know what, is four games in a row focusing on future tech TOO much?"....

I'm sure they'll continue to play to the Michael Bay generation though - it's all about the epic so that they can make endless YouTube videos and spam the sh*t out of them. Let's be fair they've pandered to the YT crowd since BlOps, when they caved and patched quick scoping back into the game when they started moaning about it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I call bullcrap. You'll all still buy it.
    Forum Member
    Haha previous years I might have but my gaming time has reduced massively over the past 12 months. I've still got games I WANT to play sitting on the shelf. This wouldn't get a look in, even out of morbid curiosity.

Besides, I'm happy to wait for the next BF instead....;)
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    The problem is, even if it's crap it will still sell millions. You could fill the case with dog shit and it would still sell millions if you put the call of duty name on it.