Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Is Digital Spy written by contributors to MumsNet who have to get up early, or acned teenagers who have to be in be by 11pm?
    The David Dimbleby-chaired debate brought in 4.27m for BBC One at 8pm, while the reaction show that followed averaged 3.53m (17.0%) at 9.30pm. Question Time rounded off a night of political programming with 2.66m (27.3%) at 10.45pm.

Untrue, there was a political programme called "This Week" after Question Time presented by a boke with a Weetabix attached to his head.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV is investigating why the wrong episode of Slow Train Through Africa with Griff Rhys Jones was aired on Friday night (April 10) .

The show launched last week with the fourth episode, rather than the first.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a642337/itv-airs-wrong-episode-of-slow-train-through-africa-with-griff-rhys-jones.html#ixzz3XZD969Em

No wonder ratings were low, viewers assuming they missed first 3, I wonder if Griff said goodbye at the end. :) Tonight he will be saying hello to Episode 1.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Reviews for Car Share have been positive. It might actually be good! :o Opening episode should do well as Peter Kay is attached to it.

We have been waiting so, so long though i think a lot of people may have written it off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    The Sun says ITV have axed Harry Hill's Stars in their Eyes because of low ratings.

The BBC will be distraught !! ;-)
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    The big draw was the ITV debate.

Well, yes, and a daft spinning of it in Media Guardian by saying it got half the audience of the BBC debate last time - despite it being a different format, with different participants, and shown at a different time of the campaign. They should be comparing it with the debate in two weeks time with the same participants and at the same time.

Once more, though, amazing three and a half million people were still happy to watch half an hour of intense political debate in the spin room programme. It's amazing so many people are watching these things, certainly compared to the leader interviews on both channels.
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    We have been waiting so, so long though i think a lot of people may have written it off.

I doubt it, Peter Kay has so much goodwill among the public and it's only us who remember it was announced years and years ago. If the trillionth repeat of Top of the Tower can get a huge audience, this can.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    No wonder ratings were low, viewers assuming they missed first 3, I wonder if Griff said goodbye at the end. :) Tonight he will be saying hello to Episode 1.

Have ITV managed to explain how they ran episode 4 instead of episode 1, all programmes are supposed to be previewed before transmission.The only precedent I can remember is ATV ran the same episode of Crossroads on successive nights years ago and not one viewer complained:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »

Another ITV show that's hit the buffers?

Maybe ITV should run the railways, they have found a way to get somewhere quicker without building HS2.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC railway journeys seem much more efficient
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have ITV managed to explain how they ran episode 4 instead of episode 1, all programmes are supposed to be previewed before transmission.

They've been watching BBC2 and the shuffling around of episodes of Hi-De-Hi were a murder was solved before it was committed!

Social Media was abuzz about it and ITV realised the potential publicity, also Ray Winston has done a set of betting ads as which episode will be shown and in which order. They'll update the odds between each commercial break...bound to double the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well they are in public ownership. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Well they are in public ownership. :)

I thought they were in private ownership with one or two exceptions:D Looks like ITV wouldn't be able to make the trains run on time.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 4 of Piers, and GMB dips below the dreaded 15%:

526,000 - 14.8%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »

526,000 - 14.8%

The only surprise is that it has taken 4 days !! ;-)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

526,000 - 14.8%

Well that worked. Was Breakfast still at 1.4m Bushmills or did it have a Thursday dip too?
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching clips of Lip Sync Battle and I could see easily getting a UK version. I wonder if Channel 5 would have first dibs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that worked. Was Breakfast still at 1.4m Bushmills or did it have a Friday dip too?

Piers was dropping heavy hints this morning about returning to GMB but the ITV management may well have other ideas, we still have today's ratings to come, I wonder if they will go below 500,000 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers was dropping heavy hints this morning about returning to GMB but the ITV management may well have other ideas, we still have today's ratings to come, I wonder if they will go below 500,000 ?

I don't see what benefit he brings to GMB apart from trending on Twitter. That's not ratings. Why can't they see that?
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what benefit he brings to GMB apart from trending on Twitter. That's not ratings. Why can't they see that?

On Question Time last night the caption read:- Piers Morgan, Editor-at-large MailOnline - I think that should have read Editor-at-large (ego) MailOnline... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    On Question Time last night the caption read:- Piers Morgan, Editor-at-large MailOnline - I think that should have read Editor-at-large (ego) MailOnline... :D

That would have been more accurate. For such a publicised move it has done nothing to boost ratings. And Breakfast just carried on regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that worked. Was Breakfast still at 1.4m Bushmills or did it have a Thursday dip too?

Same as ever for BBC Breakfast - 1.4m, 36.1%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as ever for BBC Breakfast - 1.4m, 36.1%

Thanks Bushmills. One final question. Was Breakfast at 1.4m all week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bushmills. One final question. Was Breakfast at 1.4m all week?

Mon - 1.5m

Tues, Weds, Thurs - 1.4m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mon - 1.5m

Tues, Weds, Thurs - 1.4m

Thanks for the info. GMB have an obsession with beating Breakfast. They should just worry about themselves. They also need to get over the obsession with trending on social media.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose they don't start where they finish :D
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a642375/friday-night-dinner-renewed-for-fourth-series-by-channel-4.html#~pa8ioZnbujJhQP

Great news, love Friday Night Dinner :D
    i4u wrote: »
    Is Digital Spy written by contributors to MumsNet who have to get up early, or acned teenagers who have to be in be by 11pm?

Untrue, there was a political programme called "This Week" after Question Time presented by a boke with a Weetabix attached to his head.

:D Good for This Week to hit 1m - hope it doesn't do it too often though, might mean an end to the endless gags about nobody watching :(
This discussion has been closed.