House Of Fools - New Vic & Bob Sitcom Starts Tues 14th Jan 10pm on BBC 2

Comments

• hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    After 2 episodes now I'm beginning to think that this is great when it's Vic and Bob but the other characters ruin it a bit......:o

don't think bosch is very funny and also the son. like all the other characters though
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the subtitles that described the creaky floor: "descending fart" - "ascending fart" - "cacophony of farts" :p
    And Bosh looks like Guy Martin :)
  • Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    don't think bosch is very funny and also the son. like all the other characters though

Bosch is terrible and ruining the banter between the others. Terrible character. At least the son Erik hardly features.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    After 2 episodes now I'm beginning to think that this is great when it's Vic and Bob but the other characters ruin it a bit......:o
    Well the supporting actors/characters are certainly no Matt Lucas, Charlie Higson and Morwenna Banks. Even the presence of Mark Lamarr, Johnny Vegas and Will Self would improve the show I reckon.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What other show would have Bruce Willis being killed by an explosive pork pie?
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe not as funny as last week, but still a good laugh.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It aint sofisticayted but I laffed alot
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always loved Vic and Bob but this series is a bit of a misfire in my opinion. Funny in places and suitably bizarre and random, but overall it doesn't work. As others have said, it might be to do with the other characters or it might just be the format. I'm not sure yet.
    I'll probably keep watching it (if only to catch Reece Shearsmith's appearance) but to be honest it just makes me want to go and watch Catterick instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ear Cattericks?
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Liked the first episode but found the second disappointing.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Loved it,even loved the sons English swear words in his Norwegian accent ;-)
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachelgata wrote: »
    I've always loved Vic and Bob but this series is a bit of a misfire in my opinion. Funny in places and suitably bizarre and random, but overall it doesn't work. As others have said, it might be to do with the other characters or it might just be the format. I'm not sure yet.
    I'll probably keep watching it (if only to catch Reece Shearsmith's appearance) but to be honest it just makes me want to go and watch Catterick instead.

The second episode didn't give me the joy that the first did. I feel like they're having a bugger about basically, and I enjoy it very much mostly, but other times it feels a bit like i'm having to try to go with it. Catterick was SO epic and perfect and brilliant, that this as a follow up feels lacking. They did write a second series but it got cancelled, and I think, 'why cancel that and have this instead?', makes no sense to me.
  • Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Watched about 10 mins last night WTF, the bit with the pork pie on the table, just random ramblings , there can't be a script surely ? This is just made up on the spot and I can imagine all concerned going to the pub after filming and giggling like schoolgirls saying " do you thing we got away with that?" " in the next show I'm going to say things even more random and unfunny than you "
    I loved shooting stars but sitcoms are a different breed and this isn't no Porridge.
    Truly dire.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was hilarious last night. Especially the song about the pen and the squeaky floor. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it, loved it, loved it.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Highlights from last nights episode:

The whole 'creaky floor sounds like farts' scene

'Bosh...drum roll! Beef...curtains!' :D
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The silliness continues, Morgana looking even hotter this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jiggle-vision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is called 'House of Fools' and the interior set for where they live does look like the inside of a regular average sized-house with a first floor upstairs...yet the establishing shots are of a big hotel or posh-looking block of flats.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed she does .. Scher-wing :)
    surfking wrote: »
    The show is called 'House of Fools' and the interior set for where they live does look like the inside of a regular average sized-house with a first floor upstairs...yet the establishing shots are of a big hotel or posh-looking block of flats.

I think you're over-analysing it a teeny bit much :)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Par6 wrote: »
    Watched about 10 mins last night WTF....

You did better than me. Watched for the first time and lasted five minutes. How does this shit get commissioned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you know what? I don't think that was a real pork pie either... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MostynDS wrote: »
    Do you know what? I don't think that was a real pork pie either... :o

I reckon it was a halal one. :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    How does this shit get commissioned?

Probably because people realise Vic and Bob still have fans who would likely watch and enjoy it.