The Mafia with Trevor McDonald

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is on tonight, I'm really looking forward to it.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 126,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there anyone called Tony or Joey in tonights episode
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    So is there anyone called Tony or Joey in tonights episode

We've just had a Mikey.

No doubt there'll be a Vinnie along soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really interesting I love docs like this, pretty brutal right from the off on how they do stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    We've just had a Mikey.

No doubt there'll be a Vinnie along soon.

What about a Paulie :D
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, these guys must have trouble sleeping at night. With those flashbacks and fear of retaliation.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    This isn't covering the day to day business, the donkey work, it's interesting enough in a ITV on the surface kind of way though.
    I suppose it's covering 'the life', what's 'the life' like for the guys lower down the organisation who didn't earn big money, if/when they turn Queens/Grass?
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I imagine Trevor didn't mention to the others that 'Mikey Scars' would be being interviewed. The others may not have wanted any part of it had they known. More significantly though, they might have been able to follow McDonald to see if he could maybe lead them to Mikey. Must have been some serious security going down to protect him.

Engrossing documentary though - really looking forward to next week.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor McDonald is very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed listening to John Alite and it seems he runs that area now.

Can't wait for next weeks.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »

He really is, certainly a braver man than me, i wouldn't get involved in that world even if it is just interviewing them, putting your life in danger. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is good I don't mind him at all, although I would have loved Ross Kemp to do this.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe just the ITV branch of the Mafia?

No everyone knows the ITV Mafia is

Ant and Dec
    Dermot O leary
    Vernon Kay
    Paddy McGuinness
    Bradley Walsh

And The Godfather is
    Phillip Schofield
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was interesting. The guys featured seemed the real deal as well, not just random hoods off the street. I think all the Mafia members who made the papers and are in all the documentaries are dead now. Next week looks promising too.
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    He really is, certainly a braver man than me, i wouldn't get involved in that world even if it is just interviewing them, putting your life in danger. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode though.

Not sure how much danger they were in, look at Henry Hill of Goodfellas fame, got thrown out of Witsec, got nicked many times after that, turned up on multiple Radio and TV shows and died of natural causes in the end.
    As Mikey Scars intimated, if one of those mob guys at the Cafe had seen him driving past he might have 'made believe' that he hadn't seen him, because it was both of them, they'd both have to be 'seen' to do something about him for their reputation.

Trevor's better in this than he was in his God awful travel docs, then again he doesn't have to carry it, just ask the right questions, which is more his bailiwick.
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    I imagine Trevor didn't mention to the others that 'Mikey Scars' would be being interviewed. The others may not have wanted any part of it had they known. More significantly though, they might have been able to follow McDonald to see if he could maybe lead them to Mikey. Must have been some serious security going down to protect him.

Engrossing documentary though - really looking forward to next week.

Everyone featured has turned Berty though, apart from the enforcer blokey at the end.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A national treasure <333

He needs to be on our screens more often.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Trevor McDonald Racism Incident/Joke: https://youtu.be/D1W-HnMQUgk

He has his moments

:)
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 126,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this show continue next week or is it one episode as it is really interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this show continue next week or is it one episode as it is really interesting

http://www.radiotimes.com/programme/dhhp5f/the-mafia-with-trevor-mcdonald
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep2week14/mafia-trevor-mcdonald
    Mon 30 Mar 2015
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure it's as terrible as they were making out for leaving the Mafia. Otherwise they would have all been 6 feet under long ago. Surely they must realise there is no statute of limitations for murder.
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i enjoyed it, used to be quite into the mafia when i was younger, read up on them a fair bit etc but was never, even when younger, under any illusion that 'the life' was glamorous other than materialistically if you make enough ££/$$.

got a few italian friends. one of my mates has an uncle that looks like something straight out of mafia school. he took my mate back to the home his family grew up in (italian countryside) and as they got closer in the car the uncle said to my mate 'that's strange' and my mate said 'what?' to which the uncle replied 'the fencing up around the land, never used to be there. they got closer and two guys were standing at the gated entry. my mates uncle explained re: property used to be in his family and could he come through to show his nephew around the land/grounds.'

'you can't come through' they said, plain and simple as that.

my mates uncle didn't ask any questions or push it, he simply turned the car around and headed off.

'be careful who you trust. be careful who you talk to.'

LOVE IT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor McDonald is trending tops after this :)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great doc. Can't wait to see next week to hear from the son. I wonder if he is living a normal life after being present at the crime scenes from the age of 7!