The Mafia with Trevor McDonald

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    It was a great doc. Can't wait to see next week to hear from the son. I wonder if he is living a normal life after being present at the crime scenes from the age of 7!

I doubt it very much.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching again? I got to record this one can't wait to watch it back later.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone watching again? I got to record this one can't wait to watch it back later.

I am :-) Can confirm the reputation of Philadelphia in the 90s. It was known as Filth-a-delphia for oh so many reasons....
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it very much.

Well watching it now, considering what he was around, he seems to have his head screwed on and doing well for himself with no violent history etc... Good for him. Most people would have been followed suit being around violence at such a young age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little Italy in Philly, memories :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love Trev: in the deepest possible voice: "Mr Natale. I'm Trevor McDoanld". He should have said Sir Trev, the Yanks would have been on their knees thinking he was royalty lol
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Something tells me that Godfather fella....doesn't give one F*** :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Something tells me that Godfather fella....doesn't give one F*** :D

No remorse whatsoever :o I still can't understand people who think life is worthless....
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Those nicknames :o:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love for all these b*stards to be prosecuted now on the evidence of this programme
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So he has "found religion" FFS charging 5K $ minimum to appear and spout all his carp
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    "He's now a preacher charging $5000 per appearance." :D
    A mafia fraudster-cum-preacher, eh? Nice work if you can get it.
    No wonder he can afford that incredible house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another nutter being interviewed lol Poor deluded Californian woman
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do they get away with all their crimes, living in great style?
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of them in Witness protection
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That was a cracking (short) series. Fascinating stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »

Not now if they've been on TV :D
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong that I found Elite (sp?) likeable? He's the only one I wasn't concerned for when Trevor was talking to him. That's wrong on so many levels I know! Hope he stays out of trouble. He's also not living it up with all the money but living with his son. Not like everyone else living the high life!

That man he spoke to in the bar was frightening. No remorse whatsoever.

Fantastic mini series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I found Elite (sp?) likeable? He's the only one I wasn't concerned for when Trevor was talking to him. That's wrong on so many levels I know! Hope he stays out of trouble. He's also not living it up with all the money but living with his son. Not like everyone else living the high life!

That man he spoke to in the bar was frightening. No remorse whatsoever.

Fantastic mini series.

I liked Alite and loved listening to his stories, I could watch docs about the Mafia all day.

Brilliant watch.

I can just see Alite's sons watching a movie like Good Fellas as a teen and thinking that actually is my dad.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second part was just as good as the first! Everyone featured was interesting. It's surprising that there's still so many mafia members in New York, there was a load arrested a few years ago. But with NY being so different than it was 30 or 40 years ago I'm sure it's now how we saw it in the movies these days.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »

I think that Mikey Scars guy from episode 1 was - he's the one who would only meet in a Florida hotel and would just say to ITV that he was coming from out of state. Not sure about some of the others but John Alite wasn't.

Interestingly John Alite is on Twitter @JohnAlite - and I looked at some of the stuff people are Tweeting him. There's a woman who says she's the eldest child of the Gotti family and she's accusing him of being a liar and a coward. Says he was 'chased' out of NYC - I guess by her family. Her and another male relative (who I think is the grandson of the Gotti 'Godfather') are saying he can only spout (what they're saying is) a load of crap on TV in Britain 'cause people here don't know anything about him.

There's some other British guy called @LeonKnight_ (seems to have thousands of followers but I don't know him) on Twitter who's flat out saying he doesn't believe this documentary and that anyone who does is stupid. Hmm...but we saw excerpts from their trials and them being led into court etc - as if all that would be faked! Also Trevor McDonald would hardly trek around the US making a documentary that wasn't true. It's mad what some people try to claim.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Mikey Scars guy from episode 1 was - he's the one who would only meet in a Florida hotel and would just say to ITV that he was coming from out of state. Not sure about some of the others but John Alite wasn't.

Interestingly John Alite is on Twitter @JohnAlite - and I looked at some of the stuff people are Tweeting him. There's a woman who says she's the eldest child of the Gotti family and she's accusing him of being a liar and a coward. Says he was 'chased' out of NYC - I guess by her family. Her and another male relative (who I think is the grandson of the Gotti 'Godfather') are saying he can only spout (what they're saying is) a load of crap on TV in Britain 'cause people here don't know anything about him.

There's some other British guy called @LeonKnight_ (seems to have thousands of followers but I don't know him) on Twitter who's flat out saying he doesn't believe this documentary and that anyone who does is stupid. Hmm...but we saw excerpts from their trials and them being led into court etc - as if all that would be faked! Also Trevor McDonald would hardly trek around the US making a documentary that wasn't true. It's mad what some people try to claim.
    I just saw that too. It's like Mafia Wars....via Twitter. :D

The Gotti clan are the lowest of the low, IMO. They've milked every single penny (or cent) out of their last name and they loudly and proudly worship Gotti as if he was some kind of god. No shame whatsoever,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thx for the twitter I find John Alite fascinating, don't go crazy at me but I gave him a follow :)
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the twitter I find John Alite fascinating, don't go crazy at me but I gave him a follow :)

Michael Franzese is on there as well - the one who's making money from having found God. :Dhttp://twitter.com/michaelfranzese Tons of followers!
  • Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Really good two part doc. Trevor always seems to get a lot out of people in these programmes and he isn't afraid to ask the hard questions.