Scrubs Gets 8th Season!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
Forum Member
http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello
Question: What's the latest on Scrubs moving to ABC? — Gina

Ausiello: Cast and crew are due back on the set the week of March 24 to begin production on an 18-episode final season to air on ABC. Thanks, writers' strike!

Excellent! I'm glad that it's going to get the ending it deserves :D

Comments

• Drinking_GeckoDrinking_Gecko Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a full final 8th season would be a good thing due to the cutting short of season 7 but I personally hope it ends there on a strong storyline, and doesn't turn into Friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoorah, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Scrubs yet.

I do think this'll be the end now, and it won't have 3 or 4 "final season"s like Friends did.
  • hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh? thought 7 was the last? and was only meant to have 7 episodes anyway
  • auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 was going to be the last with 18 episodes. It now has 12 episodes I believe as a result of the writers strike meaning that it wouldn't have finished properly.
    So it looks as though we now have another season to look forward to, good stuff!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    cool thats great news
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    not really an 8th sirese is it just the last 12 eps of season 7.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not really an 8th sirese is it just the last 12 eps of season 7.

No, the remaining 6 episodes of season 7 will still air on NBC starting mid-April. (Proves how little they think of the show when they've sat on 6 episodes that were ready to air for about 4 months now, instead airing reruns and quiz shows throughout the strike, rather than new episodes of Scrubs)

Season 7 was only ever going to be 18 episodes, since the strike that's been cut down to 12 (because of NBC agreeing to air the ones that were already made, but humming and hahing for ages about making the other 6, and very unlikely to agree to do so now that the Scrubs team have jumped ship to another network).

Season 8 will be an additional 18 episodes, so we're getting 12 more episodes than we would have done if there hadn't been a strike.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the move to ABC, a different promotional department and everything, leads to higher ratings, and what would happen if ABC decided they wanted more. Zach Braff was apparently one of the last people to sign for season 7, so it's lucky they've got him for this 8th season.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Zach Braff already quit ?, as I renember reading awhile back that the rest of the series would be continuing without him or was I wrong !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Has Zach Braff already quit ?, as I renember reading awhile back that the rest of the series would be continuing without him or was I wrong !!!

According to reports everyone will be back on board for series 8, including Zach.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I do think this'll be the end now, and it won't have 3 or 4 "final season"s like Friends did.

Stargate SG1 had five perceived 'final seasons' (5th through 9th), and then had its actual final season (10th). Oddly, the tenth season was the first since the fourth season where the writers felt comfortable enough to write the arc of the season to go into the subsequent year on the assumption that it would be back. Doh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite an interesting turn-out. Braff was ready to go off and purse his film career, IIRC. Must not be getting the offers he wants to have signed up.

Oh well, hopefully it will still be good.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    This is quite an interesting turn-out. Braff was ready to go off and purse his film career, IIRC. Must not be getting the offers he wants to have signed up.

Either that or they've thrown a wad of cash at him. :cool:
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,100
    Forum Member

Oh well, hopefully it will still be good.

Actually I thought Zach was trying to diversify as he's a very good script-writer (from what I've seen) and wanted to work behind the camera's more often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Actually I thought Zach was trying to diversify as he's a very good script-writer (from what I've seen) and wanted to work behind the camera's more often.

Yes, he does. And anyone who hasn't seen the fantastic Garden State, should do so.

I used 'film career' as a loose term to cover everything. Sadly, you still have to get the money/offers from the suits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to lose interest in scrubs.

I thought the first few seasons were excellent but the jokes are really getting far too repetitive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news, one of the best comedies of modern time, I just wonder how long they can continue with the show though but they always seem to come up with interesting and new ideas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's always the option of Scrubs: the next generation I suppose.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or The Janitor could get his own spinoff show :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yessss thank you sooo much woooooooooooo
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    *-ant-* wrote: »
    Yessss thank you sooo much woooooooooooo
    It's great news, but any idea when we will see some new scrubs over here?
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    This reads 10 on the awesometer. :)

P.S. Hooch is crazy.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 5 of Season 7 is on tonight on RTÉ TWO, so I'm guessing it won't be long before E4 (or Channel 4 maybe) will start to show season 7. Season 8 will probably start to air this time next year.

Paddy :D
  • loz2601loz2601 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Yey!
    Was wondering about this...
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Episode 5 of Season 7 is on tonight on RTÉ TWO, so I'm guessing it won't be long before E4 (or Channel 4 maybe) will start to show season 7. Season 8 will probably start to air this time next year.

Paddy :D
    Thanks for that, we came to this show very late on, but even so are desperate for new episodes. If i have to avoid explaining what a butt hamster is to my daughter again I may curl up and die.:D

Who is your fave charactor?

I have to go with the janitor myself
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bear in mind that while this deal is almost there, it is not officially done yet - so it could still fall through.