Supernanny - New Series

Comments

• malaikahmalaikah Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought supernanny was a bit harsh with her comments regarding the lashing out slap :eek:
  • Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixieboots wrote: »
    The words the kids are using are quite adult, they've heard them somewhere before. That Mum just slapped the child across the face:eek: Is that not illegal in the UK?

Social services watching?
    Anyone complaining to OFCOM?
    How long before the get the children taken away?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the mum's a big girl but is she also pregnant? Was it mentioned at the start of the programme?
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has Supernanny stopped saying "Unasseptable?"

Has someone finally told her how to pronounce it properly? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    "Mild Smacking" is what is allowed by law. Apparently.

HeHeHe!
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixieboots wrote: »
    The words the kids are using are quite adult, they've heard them somewhere before.

I thought so too. Little kids don't naturally go around shouting "I wish you were f*****g dead"...they learn it from somewhere. Very upsetting programme to watch.
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan100 wrote: »
    Social services watching?
    Anyone complaining to OFCOM?
    How long before the get the children taken away?

Don't be ridiculous, I think parents should be free to smack their kids- on the hand, leg or bottom but a crack across the face is totally unacceptable, its a sad day when anyone thinks slapping a kid in the face is ok:mad:
    I'm glad those parents got help, they needed it and at least they admitted they did.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    Why has Supernanny stopped saying "Unasseptable?"

Has someone finally told her how to pronounce it properly? :)

I thought that too! :D:D
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where on earth had those children learned such awful language? Not just the swearing but talking about dying and wishing peopl were dead etc? They must have heard it from somewhere and I doubt it came from school.

Some people are not fit to have children and these people were a good example of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Those parents were putting on a pretty good act while Supernanny was there.

Pair of nasty bullies.
  • HayfeverHayfever Posts: 1,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    Those parents were putting on a pretty good act while Supernanny was there.

Pair of nasty bullies.

I agree. I think Supernanny did little else but uncover the issues they have to be honest.
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We said that about the parents, that the dad was too quiet, and you know what they say about quiet people? also bet that the bad language and shouting was the norm in that house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this programme very upsetting BUT it does make me realise what gorgeous kids i have, my son has the topical story of the day - ADHD- and never behaves like that!

I usually say 'that has really disapointed me' ....does it for my two - it did for me :cry:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People worry about making their kids happy in the short term rather than long term. Bloody walloping one of her wabs out and breastfeeding in the car so Madison can 'settle down'. This woman is mad!
  • sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Talk about the kids ruling the roost!

The language the kids were coming out with was :eek: My kids would have their mouths washed out with soap for potty mouthed comments like that. Actually, my kids don't come out with comments like that, perhaps because they know we wouldn't find it acceptable.

The slap across the face, and the mum undermining the dad - there is a real power struggle going on there, and the kids seem to be the losers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where on earth had those children learned such awful language? Not just the swearing but talking about dying and wishing peopl were dead etc? They must have heard it from somewhere and I doubt it came from school.

Some people are not fit to have children and these people were a good example of it.

Not necessarily,from experience when my child started school some of the things they came out to me i was :eek:
    I hate you was there favourite saying for ages,as was **** off and i don't really let my child hear me swear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    I hate my bed, I hate my pillow! I want to have a poo!

That cracked me up :D:D:D

and me :p:D:D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you notice how they didn't really show what happened with both the mum and the dad that got them both shipped off to anger management. They obviously filmed it but don't want it onscreen before 8pm and perhaps it would become a case of social services getting involved.

As usual with these shows the dad was a complete w**ker with a lot of 'issues' to address. Some people seriously aren't fit to have children. IMO the mum would have been fine if she had a normal human being for a husband.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed it was just the slap that got them sent off the anger management?

What did disturb me was the father's behaviour towards the eldest son where he told him he stank of B.O or something. I know the kid was being naughty, but it was so random and out of the blue.

Who says something like that to a child?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I usually love watching Supernanny but last nights episode was really difficult to watch. I honestly think that there was more going on there than what was shown. I also hope they do a follow up show so we can see how they are all coping. I must admit my heart was just breaking for the little boy when he was slapped on the face. I know he is what we call *a wee rip* in N Ireland but if you HAVE to smack a child surely on his bottom would be better. Very uncomfortable viewing.:(
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed it was just the slap that got them sent off the anger management?

What did disturb me was the father's behaviour towards the eldest son where he told him he stank of B.O or something. I know the kid was being naughty, but it was so random and out of the blue.

Who says something like that to a child?:confused:

It wasn't quite out of the blue; the boy had just told him he stank, so he replied in kind. The wrong thing to do, obviously, since he was meant to be the adult and setting an example, not joining in the childish name-calling.
  • stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg is all had to say to this,those kids the things they were coming out with was unbelieveable obviously they had heard those words before.

there was no structure whatsoever in that household i wonder what happened when the filming stoped eh dread to think x
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Another load of little brats tonight.
  • kts2kkts2k Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Did you notice how they didn't really show what happened with both the mum and the dad that got them both shipped off to anger management. They obviously filmed it but don't want it onscreen before 8pm and perhaps it would become a case of social services getting involved.

As usual with these shows the dad was a complete w**ker with a lot of 'issues' to address. Some people seriously aren't fit to have children. IMO the mum would have been fine if she had a normal human being for a husband.

I wouldn't want to see a helpless child get a slap on the face on telly. Actually, I don't like seeing children being smacked anyway.It's disgraceful. There is no need to smack a child for punishment, what does it promote? It has been proven that it does not work.

I thought Supernanny dealt with it perfectly
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the program the other week was horrible

cant belive she lt her kids ride round in the car without their seatbelts

didnt realise at the time she slapped the boy in the face though

surprised she wasnt done for that