Nadine Coyle in NOTW Magazine

cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
Forum Member
✭✭
I just read the interview with Nadine Coyle in the NOTW Magazine and feel really sorry for her.

If it's true that she has tried to contact the others and been ignored, I think that is such a shame. She says she text Cheryl about her single and heard nothing back and I'm sure she said in the past she sent Cheryl a message when she found out she had malaria and is still waiting for a response.

Also apparently Nicola (that it was her is a shock I have to admit) is the only one to have got in touch to wish her luck on her solo career.

I wonder what has happened between her and the other girls to cause them to completely snub her if all she says is true.

Comments

• reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read the interview with Nadine Coyle in the NOTW Magazine and feel really sorry for her.

If it's true that she has tried to contact the others and been ignored, I think that is such a shame. She says she text Cheryl about her single and heard nothing back and I'm sure she said in the past she sent Cheryl a message when she found out she had malaria and is still waiting for a response.

Also apparently Nicola (that it was her is a shock I have to admit) is the only one to have got in touch to wish her luck on her solo career.

I wonder what has happened between her and the other girls to cause them to completely snub her if all she says is true.

I get the impression the last year or so when GA were together Nadine wound the other girls up by refusing to do promotions that the other girls were willing to do such as The ghost hunting night, Passions of GA documentry and made it clear on another documentry that she was very unhappy with being made to take part.
    She came across as someone who wasn't much as a team player and in a band that sort of attitude isn't going to go down well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe they just dont like each other :eek:
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've hated her since around 2007 when she decided to try and go solo.

She went off and got her own manager and PR while the other girls stuck with their current one - causing lots of problems in terms of organising things (such as Passions), then she went off looking for solo deals. Yet she's now forced to release her stuff herself via Tescos.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine was also the only girl not to pop up on Princess Cheryls interview with piers last night

Its obvious Nadine cant stand Cheryl and its mutual
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that the most talented singer out of GA has to finance her own solo career, but the least talented is lauded as the best thing since sliced bread.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that the most talented singer out of GA has to finance her own solo career, but the least talented is lauded as the best thing since sliced bread.

Well she turned down a deal from Cheryl's/Girls Aloud's label...
  • KS93KS93 Posts: 10
    Forum Member

That's her own fault.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Didn't know that she turned down a deal from GA management. Hardly the cleverest thing to do, is it?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, like lying about your age on national TV?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for her too, her song is rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Didn't know that she turned down a deal from GA management. Hardly the cleverest thing to do, is it?

She wanted complete creative control over her album. You can't blame her for that, infact, I think it's admirable she wants to sing her OWN songs and not some manufactured crap a record label will shove at her for a quick sale/release. Doesn't that prove what her passion really is and she's not as fame hungry as her less talented bandmember?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could point to hubris...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LishaG wrote: »
    She wanted complete creative control over her album. You can't blame her for that, infact, I think it's admirable she wants to sing her OWN songs and not some manufactured crap a record label will shove at her for a quick sale/release. Doesn't that prove what her passion really is and she's not as fame hungry as her less talented bandmember?

Not quite.

She turned it down because they didn't offer enough money or meet her demands

She then went with Geffen - their sister label, but they dropped her because her material wasn't strong enough.

So in the end she had to release on her own, it certainly wasn't her first choice
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Not quite.

She then went with Geffen - their sister label, but they dropped her because her material wasn't strong enough.

So in the end she had to release on her own, it certainly wasn't her first choice

Yes, they didn't meet her demands in that they wouldn't have allowed her creative control over her music which, in my book, is more admiral than having the backing of a major label. She also said the label wanted her to churn out GA style music when that wasnt the road she wanted to go down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    Not quite.

No, this is not true. Geffen did not drop her, they were willing to go on with the project.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine was also the only girl not to pop up on Princess Cheryls interview with piers last night

Its obvious Nadine cant stand Cheryl and its mutual

What did Cheryl say about Sarah? I don't know why but I'm a bit fascinated by the dynamic between them:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Yes, they didn't meet her demands in that they wouldn't have allowed her creative control over her music which, in my book, is more admiral than having the backing of a major label. She also said the label wanted her to churn out GA style music when that wasnt the road she wanted to go down.

This.
    light post wrote: »
    No, this is not true. Geffen did not drop her, they were willing to go on with the project.

You're challenging the DS Girls Aloud expert?! Good luck.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LishaG wrote: »
    You're challenging the DS Girls Aloud expert?! Good luck.
    Everyone on DS is an expert on everything ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    What did Cheryl say about Sarah? I don't know why but I'm a bit fascinated by the dynamic between them:o

No-ones going to tell me? You mean I actually have to WATCH THE PROGRAMME?:eek: