Options

The thing about public toilets..

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why do the stall doors have a massive gap at the bottom? :confused: Is it so people can see your pants around your ankles?

Also - would it be a good idea if they play some kind of background noise, to disguise farting & ploppy sounds? :o

Comments

• Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Why do the stall doors have a massive gap at the bottom? :confused: Is it so people can see your pants around your ankles?

So as they're easy to hose clean.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never felt the need to pull my pants right down to my ankles to be seen under ;)

The gap could be useful if you find yourself locked in. Reminds me of back at school locking all the doors and crawling along :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    I have never felt the need to pull my pants right down to my ankles to be seen under ;)

The gap could be useful if you find yourself locked in. Reminds me of back at school locking all the doors and crawling along :o

I think I'd rather be locked in than crawl through people's wee wee :eek:

Edit: This is in a mans toilet.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The gap could be useful if you find yourself locked in.

To try and stop people using them in the practice of cottaging... It was that gap that led to George Michaels conviction!
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you could just climb up over the top :confused: Anyway how can you get yourself locked in inside a toilet stall, lol? O_o
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the gap is (in part) to discourage inappropriate behaviour (couples engaging in sex, or groups of people taking drugs) in there...
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do the stall doors have a massive gap at the bottom?

They don't have a massive gap. The ones in America - they have a massive gap at the bottom. And at the top.

The gaps are mostly to make cleaning easier.
  • Options
    wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A safety issue.

USA toilets are worse, there is a vertical gap down the door frame too..
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I alone in preferring to dump in public lavatories.
    I think it's more respectful than doing that kind of thing in my home.
    I'll often save up for a trip to the pub, or shopping center.
  • Options
    ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i always thought it was to check no one had died in there
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone does jobbies, it doesn't embarrass me if it's noisy.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member

Also - would it be a good idea if they play some kind of background noise, to disguise farting & ploppy sounds? :o

Those are natural sounds. Nothing wrong with loud farting. Sometimes i even give an audibale 'uhhhh' if i'm really struggling to get it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Those are natural sounds. Nothing wrong with loud farting. Sometimes i even give an audibale 'uhhhh' if i'm really struggling to get it out.

men!:sleep:
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I do them in public toilets but if you want to avoid plopping noises put some toilet paper in the toilet first.

I'm a bit wary of public toilets as when I was at junior school there was a girl who'd stand on the toilet in the stall next to mine and look over the wall.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you hear someone crying while plopping it's me having probs with the old Farmer Giles.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-YVt4gfquA

And yes, I have heard similar noises being emitted from some cubicles in the past
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Reminds me of this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-YVt4gfquA

And yes, I have heard similar noises being emitted from some cubicles in the past

no way am i clicking on that!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Đirona wrote: »
    men!:sleep:

??? Their toilets. Your SUPPOSED to do the toilet in them. Any problem you may have is purely a mental thing. If you really believe people are listening to the sounds you make then your wrong. If your embaressed and don't want people to hear the sounds you make then again that is your problem. Toilets are there to be used.

Of course your gonna hear plopping sounds and farting sounds and some people moaning because it is painful. Those are natural sounds. Not everyone sits rigid, frightened to move. Just sit down and get on with it. Never mind the plopping sounds or farting or queefing or whatever you do.

Of course one thing i don't like is things like that being done in my presence. Don't ever burp in my face or fart in front of me or do a fanny fart or whatever, that's horrible but in the toilet it is fine. It's natural.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ??? Their toilets. Your SUPPOSED to do the toilet in them. Any problem you may have is purely a mental thing. If you really believe people are listening to the sounds you make then your wrong. If your embaressed and don't want people to hear the sounds you make then again that is your problem. Toilets are there to be used.

Of course your gonna hear plopping sounds and farting sounds and some people moaning because it is painful. Those are natural sounds. Not everyone sits rigid, frightened to move. Just sit down and get on with it. Never mind the plopping sounds or farting or queefing or whatever you do.

Of course one thing i don't like is things like that being done in my presence. Don't ever burp in my face or fart in front of me or do a fanny fart or whatever, that's horrible but in the toilet it is fine. It's natural.

do people fanny fart in the loo then? [i wont ask about in yer face]
  • Options
    FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »

I love the word "jobbies", its perfect. If I taught English to foreign people I think it would be one of the first words I would teach them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Đirona wrote: »
    do people fanny fart in the loo then? [i wont ask about in yer face]

You know what i'm talking about. It's like people pooping in the toilet, sometimes you fart a lot. You can't help that. Sometimes women fanny fart too and they can't control it. The toilet is a private situation, what you do in there is natural, you can't help those sounds from happening.

Unlike this where people know what their doing. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ejEv9UcDH4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wends1502 wrote: »
    A safety issue.

USA toilets are worse, there is a vertical gap down the door frame too..

I was going to say that. UK toilets I feel nice and shut off, American toilets are scary with their huge gaps and small doors.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't do a number 2 in a public toilet - barely want to use them for a pee as most are like shoe boxes and not very clean. I was caught out in work last year after drinks on the Saturday night gave me a really upset stomach - luckily enough there was only the two of us in and I was working upstairs, so my lengthy absence and a few used loo rolls went unnoticed. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what i'm talking about. It's like people pooping in the toilet, sometimes you fart a lot. You can't help that. Sometimes women fanny fart too and they can't control it. The toilet is a private situation, what you do in there is natural, you can't help those sounds from happening.

Unlike this where people know what their doing. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ejEv9UcDH4

again, no way am i clicking on that!

and it's a public toilet, you still need to show some consideration
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice find that vid movieguy, real nice. :cool: