Desperate iTunes help

Really really need some help and guidance here as I am going nuts!!

Had a laptop with itunes on it and when I connected my iphone it automatically synced and I could move and transfer music from my library to my iphone and vice versa, so all good.

Anyway, one evening I turned on my laptop to see that my itunes icon had just disappeared - literally! No idea why. When looking in the start menu , I found my itunes music in a folder but no icon/itunes facility - all gone.

I looked up this problem on the apple troubleshooting site, and they showed a series of steps to complete to get the icon back, but this failed.

Since then, I have bought a new laptop, so I thought I would just reinstall itunes again which is what I have just done. However, my iphone will not sync to this itunes and I cannot transfer files from itunes to the iphone and vice versa. It's like they will not connect together and I am so frustrated.

Can anyone help me? Please!!!

Comments

• cavemanjamescavemanjames Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just off the top of my head.

Using an external hard drive or something, go on your old computer and copy the entire iTunes folder to the hard drive.

Once that's done, connect the hard drive to the new laptop and copy the iTunes folder to the Music folder.

Go to start iTunes, but just before you click on it, hold down SHIFT on your keyboard. A dialog appears with something to do with an .itl file. Click on Browse, then go to your iTunes folder, it should be in there.

Connect your iPhone to your laptop, and if iTunes still won't sync to it, you're going to have to wipe your iPhone's media from it so iTunes will be able to sync to it. :)