The Magicians, BBC 1, Saturday, 6.35pm

Comments

• radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    Now that's far better logical thinking! Classic misdirection.

Keep things simple, no need for wires as buildings have lifts and stairs!

hmmm ... i'd much rather people admitted they don't know how the trick is done than pretend they do know without explaining.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »
    hmmm ... i'd much rather people admitted they don't know how the trick is done than pretend they do know without explaining.

Yes I fully agree with that statement. There is nothing wrong with not knowing as that is kind of what they are trying to achieve.

However I can't agree with the last part. Why would someone who does know, explain it? Where is this automatic, 'If you know, you must inform everyone else'? People in the same field wouldn't, for example.

They would however try to help those interested to point them in the right direction to improve their interest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost burst out laughing when Darren McMullen said at the start of the show "We've saved the worst till last". followed by the cameraman showing Joe Swash in the celebrity line up. :D
    Forum Member
    Wow that was underwhelming!

Britain's Got Magicians.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That moulding water trick, pity QI featured those things in an episode a while ago. Nothing to be remotely impressed about, neither was that dancing at the end (why?).

http://weirdsciencekids.com/Vanishingwaterballs.html
    Forum Member
    Yes I fully agree with that statement. There is nothing wrong with not knowing as that is kind of what they are trying to achieve.

However I can't agree with the last part. Why would someone who does know, explain it? Where is this automatic, 'If you know, you must inform everyone else'? People in the same field wouldn't, for example.

They would however try to help those interested to point them in the right direction to improve their interest.

if someone on this forum asked how a trick was done, i would tell them if i knew. i prefer that to seeing someone ask how a trick is done and having other fm's imply that they know but saying nothing. what's the point of that? only to appear clever perhaps but not particularly helpful.
  • GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boy in the red hoodie was on last week!
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »
    if someone on this forum asked how a trick was done, i would tell them if i knew. i prefer that to seeing someone ask how a trick is done and having other fm's imply that they know but saying nothing. what's the point of that? only to appear clever perhaps but not particularly helpful.

Well, then stick to doing what you wish to do and stop telling others what they should be doing.

I mean what can be more annoying than that?

And to address your question, it's very helpful as it steers people who wish to take up magic in the right direction. IE I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it - Not that you seem to think I should be allowed an opinion.

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    the word cat was already cut out of the steak and replaced with filler. it just dissolved in the water.
    (my guess)
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    That moulding water trick, pity QI featured those things in an episode a while ago. Nothing to be remotely impressed about, neither was that dancing at the end (why?).

http://weirdsciencekids.com/Vanishingwaterballs.html

Yes my thoughts as well as I remember the exact same episode of QI.

I don't think this is aimed at QI viewers though. :D
  • GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latimer with the best trick of the series!
    Forum Member
    Magits, Joe?
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was awesome the two wagons how the hell?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magits, Joe?

I always need subtitles on when he opens that hole below his nose, it's the only chance you stand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    That was awesome the two wagons how the hell?
    I'll give you a clue. The poker chips weren't selected at random.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting now for the teleportation trick for the usual glib answer of stooges

Oh wait ...it was stooges !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing with the 2 wagons trick the people involved were one half of a pair of twins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    twins on the trucks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muppet77 wrote: »
    twins on the trucks?

One twin on each truck dressed identically, pull the cover back, they get up and hide at the top of the truck where the cover get bunched up and on the other truck they do the reverse.
    Forum Member
    Superglue!

;)
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh these location tricks are garbage !!!
    Forum Member
    Sampson fan's voting with all their pocket money.
    Forum Member
    "Well you're wrong it's not!" (with no trace of finesse)

Gees! Celebs trying to be magicians!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Well you're wrong it's not!" (with no trace of finesse)

Gees! Celebs trying to be magicians!

Haha I know he's comming across a complete knob. Sharply telling her to move the ropes etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Translation: No one is voting...