Options

Games you have never played that everyone raves on about?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have never played a Final Fantasy game in my life (maybe that makes me sad) I just have no interest i them. Is there a game that you have never played that people say is brilliant. Another one for me is Skyrim but I wouldn't mind playing that sometime though.

Comments

• Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    World of warcraft
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Okami
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forza
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much every RPG out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Borderlands games. Never been interested in them
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    world of warcraft - mainly because i never got the hang of using a keyboard to play a game

call of duty - i suck at online gaming and its no fun getting your arse handed to you all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Minecraft.. also have no plans to ever play it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any of the modern War FPS games. Might play one if the single player campaigns lasted more than a weekend.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Doomy wrote: »
    Any of the modern War FPS games. Might play one if the single player campaigns lasted more than a weekend.

Looks like you won't ever be playing it then :D
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I've played games to long, but I have no interest in any game genre these days except free roaming RPG or action/rpg.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of games!

I seem to subconsciously avoid the big hits, the games everybody raves about, because from past experience I don't like them.

More often than not i'm happy playing games that often get overlooked or aren't 'cool' to play.

I hate GTA, don't like the look of Skyrim (not an RPG man really), Fifa and other popular games I just think I wouldn't enjoy.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played a demo of MGS on PS1 that was enough for me. no matter how many people tell me that the MGS games are great, I just have no interest.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FF7, bought it but couldn't get into it.

Total War series also couldn't get into them.

I think I have a phobia towards games that feature turn based elements.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any games from the Call Of Duty series or similar. I find First Person Shooter games boring. I much prefer open world
    sandbox type crime games, with Third Person Shooter scenarios like the GTA series and the Saints Row trilogy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    CoD
    Halo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, also I have never played a next gen GTA or Metal Gear Solid game (I know shoot me now lol).
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    As I keep saying in these threads, Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modern warfare call of duty games. Dont see what the big deal is in just having a gun end on screen shooting people.

Where is the fun in that not really challenging at all.
  • Options
    N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    BLOPS. The new Max Payne. As soon as I hear 'Linear' and 'Short' it turns me off to a game. However it seems to be the norm nowadays for devs to aim a game at the 10 year olds, 'play n' trade' market.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N3dSt4rk wrote: »
    BLOPS. The new Max Payne. As soon as I hear 'Linear' and 'Short' it turns me off to a game. However it seems to be the norm nowadays for devs to aim a game at the 10 year olds, 'play n' trade' market.

That doesn't leave much scope for much gaming.

I just have to like a game and I'll play it, short or linear, if its fun then enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    That doesn't leave much scope for much gaming.

I just have to like a game and I'll play it, short or linear, if its fun then enjoy it while it lasts.

Yeh very true. I have not bought a new game for an age because they are all 'short' and 'linear'. I just end up playing Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas and Dark Souls. I have seen a pattern. If a game is reviewed pretty well but bombs, nobody buys it and nobody talks about it it. usually because it is quite expansive. I found that with Darksiders and Driver: San Fran. Both big and tricky games but the general opinion is very 'Marmite' about them.

I thought Max Payne 3 looked brilliant but I am one of the few persons who does not want to hammer through a game in 8 hours and trade it. I want to keep a game and keep coming back to it. I want a game that is a challenge.

The only 2 games I have in my sites this year are 'Sleeping Dogs' and 'Darksiders 2'
  • Options
    RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, Halo and Super Mario Bros.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Diablo. I've just never had the opportunity! It looks right up my street too!
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    COD MW 3 and Battlefield 3. It's not that I hate them, I just don't have any urge to buy them. I loved COD 4 MW when it had just come out and quite enjoyed MW2 but military deathmatch FPS pretty much ended there for me, when I last tried to play online I just didn't enjoy it in the same way, felt boring.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never played a Modern Warfare or Call of Duty game before. They just don't interest me.