Options

Unfunny comedians who are never off the telly

Comments

• Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican and Lee Mack are both brilliant as is Rhod Gilbert. Rhod is great in a live none scripted environment.

However lets give a nod to the fact comedy is subjective, so as long as they intentionally make people laugh they are comedians even if you find them unfunny. With the exception of Leigh Francis who is not funny and is shit.
  • Options
    WhothamanWhothaman Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I can think of one or two who I don't find funny but the name 'Russell Howard' and the word 'funny' should never be used in the same sentence.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another "I don't like them so the should not be on TV" thread how original the OP pretty much killed his own argument in the first post Comedy is subjective.
  • Options
    kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile bigoted hatemonger Chubby Brown is as unfunny as it gets.

Fortunately, he's never allowed on the telly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckily they've mostly gone now, but I was utterly allergic to French and Saunders, or indeed French or Saunders.

It got worse when they stopped having proper series and just had one off specials - because all they did was say - hey! the bbc want us to do a special, and we haven't got anything! and that was all they did for 40 minutes, apart from a film spoof, that was exactly the same as the real thing, apart from one of the characters being enormously fat
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Lee Mack and Sean Lock can both raise a smile when I see them on shows such as HIGNFY and WILTY. Alan Carr has his funny moments, too.

Those who are unfunny are Jimmy Carr, Ross Noble, Miranda Hart and that dreadful Sarah Millican woman. Obviously, this is my own opinion and the old adage that one man's meat is another man's poison certainly applies when it comes to comedians, comediennes and comedy as a whole.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevraff wrote: »
    Vile bigoted hatemonger Chubby Brown is as unfunny as it gets.

Fortunately, he's never allowed on the telly.

So that has little to do with this thread then:rolleyes:

The clue is the word "off"

• Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Harry Hill should dissapear and never return :D.
    Lenny Henry, I just don't find him funny and never did.

Old Brucie whos gags are getting older then him.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind regional accents,but banging on about being northern wears thin.

Michael macintyre bores me.

....and me. Obviously some people find him funny, but he's a bit too predictable for my liking.
  • Options
    kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »

What is the point of your post? Are you a member of the Thread-Subject Police?
  • Options
    N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Jimmy 'fookin' Carr. You are not funny you fat faced, sarcastic ****.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An other 'unfunny' comedians thread.

All these comedians are funny...some just do not appeal to some people's sense of humour.

Mention of MIlton Jones as unfunny pretty much sums it up...he really is a comedians comedian and close to being a comic genius...but his humour is very surreal which some people just do not get.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I don't mind regional accents,but banging on about being northern wears thin.

Michael macintyre bores me.

You'll just love Peter Kaye - trust me.:D
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    kevraff wrote: »
    What is the point of your post? Are you a member of the Thread-Subject Police?

Speaking as a Detective Inspector in the Thread Subject Police, I hope are co-operating with our enquiries sir. And we 'aven't 'ad any dinner.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »

Please sir!!!!

Nothing on here has anything to do with the thread sir :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The clue is in the words "never off"!!!

Unfunny comedians who are never off the telly...

I'm fairly sure there isn;t one unfunny comedian commanding 24 hours of coverage 7 days a week... You should crush the thread now.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    ....and me. Obviously some people find him funny, but he's a bit too predictable for my liking.

Huge numbers find him funny, because he is.

Nothing cutting edge, or controversial, but we had all that with the alternative comedians, but the trouble is, they were not funny. McIntyre is.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that internet favourite, the comedy thread. By the time we're finished, everyone from Aristophanes to some bloke who was on at the open mic night at the Red Lion last Tuesday will have been denounced as unfunny.

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is proper observational humour.
  • Options
    MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glyn W wrote: »
    Paddy McGuinness.

The living embodiment of someone without talent of their own riding to celebrity on the coattails of someone who is talented.

As is Peter Kay.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I quite like Milton Jones, he doesn't have me crying with laughter but I like the thoughtfulness of his jokes, clever. I also really like Dara O'Briain.

I've never liked Ruby Wax, Lee Evans, French and Saunders, Lenny Henry or Barry Humphries. The only ones who are on a lot now who I really can't stand and have to turn over are Russell Howard, Paddy McGuiness, Keith Lemon (or whatever his real name is) and *the scruffy one with long unbrushed hair* (can't remember his name). Totally unfunny to me.

Just found it.... *Ross Nobel*
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee mack is painfully bad and that omjid nob
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    I rely on my DVDs of Rising Damp, Wheeltappers And Shunters, Dad's Army, Porridge,Nearest And Dearest, Morecambe And Wise, Ken Dodd, plus various old repeats on satellite for my comedy entertainment. I just can't stand most modern day comics.

From Not On Your Nellie, 1974.

Nellie Pickersgill: What have you come as today, Gilbert?
    Gilbert: (Flamboyantly dressed, does a silent twirl)
    Nellie Pickersgill: Ooh, you're one of those are you?

:D:D:D

Still makes me laugh.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Ken Dodd live - utter bilge. Nobody laughed, so he went blue. Still nobody laughed, so he moaned about the venue. Just before the interval (after 90 minutes!!!!) he brought on his young niece to sing some karaoke.
    We went home.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael McIntyre. I just don't find him funny. When I tell people that I don't like him, they seriously look like they want to hang me.

To be fair though he's died down a bit now. I don't know what happened, but you couldn't get the sod off the telly a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never even smiled at anything Andy Parsons has said. Russell Howard made me laugh once and once only when telling his joke about the pigeons at Bristol Temple Meads. Since then, zilch. It's a shame, because I think I'm easily amused.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Whothaman wrote: »
    I can think of one or two who I don't find funny but the name 'Russell Howard' and the word 'funny' should never be used in the same sentence.

He makes my skin crawl. He always talks about sex and w anking and I just think he's a sad sack.