Options

LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think they ran out of stock for the Nexus 7 really quickly and there was a huge backlog of pre-orders...I hope Google have learned their lesson from that. At this price they should be expecting pretty big opening numbers imo.

I won't be ordering mine tomorrow though, I think I'm going to wait a week or so when people start getting the first batches to see if there are any issues...I think the black one looks nice though, I'm a fan of that pixelated backplate.

I'm waiting a few weeks as well, maybe 2 or 3 at the most. I like the back as well. Looks really cool.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a reflection from the white table, but it could be...

I thought that at first but if you watch it at 1080p and zoom in, it definitely looks white round the edges.

Also isn't the sides black rubberised materiel, i cant see that being reflective.
  • Options
    OldHippy53OldHippy53 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    It's supposedly got a chrome strip round it. I want one:D
  • Options
    StilianStilian Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Considering the good specs of the device itself the Nexus 4 really looks like a very good deal,but for people like me using the Galaxy Nexus or others with Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5 it wouldn't be worth upgrading with the Google Nexus 4. One thing I am interested in is what is the overall quality of this LG built phone, cause honestly they did have some build-quality issues before.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stilian wrote: »
    Considering the good specs of the device itself the Nexus 4 really looks like a very good deal,but for people like me using the Galaxy Nexus or others with Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5 it wouldn't be worth upgrading with the Google Nexus 4. One thing I am interested in is what is the overall quality of this LG built phone, cause honestly they did have some build-quality issues before.

I'm upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. The non-pentile higher resolution screen, better camera, quad-core and newer device is enough incentive for me to upgrade tbh. I think it is worth it even though I did love my GNex.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nexus fans might want to check out google music - launched a few hours ago in the UK. Completely free cloud storage for songs. http://music.google.com

Its great.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been using that for ages now.....but nice to see the Music option on the Play Store now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been using that for ages now.....but nice to see the Music option on the Play Store now. :)

yeah me too. The sideloaded app on my phone started updating over the weekend I think and we can buy stuff without faking our cards as being US! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it this integrates with the music player on Android?

I didn't know it would be available on iOS at all, but it seems to be. Currently uploading my music. Of course, it'll be through the browser rather than the Music app, but that's to be expected. Maybe there'll be an app in the future, I don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it this integrates with the music player on Android?

On recent devices I think, the default music app is specifically a Google Music app (maybe jellybean onwards?). Otherwise a separate app is available for other devices.
    I didn't know it would be available on iOS at all, but it seems to be. Currently uploading my music. Of course, it'll be through the browser rather than the Music app, but that's to be expected. Maybe there'll be an app in the future, I don't know.

the browser functionality is what sells it IMHO. means you can play music on friends computers or tablets;no need to install anything. No device limitations on the browser version either.

There's quite a few unofficial Google Music apps on the Apple store I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^

Oh, I agree the browser function is excellent. I have to admit, I didn't realise I'd be able to play it from any computer. I was just saying that on a phone, a dedicated app makes for a nicer interface. I might check out some of the unofficial apps.

I'm impressed so far though. It found all my iTunes music and just started uploading without much of a fuss.
  • Options
    markrdukmarkrduk Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmm..... the text saying it will be available from today now seems to have disappeared. The site now just says "coming soon"..... looking a bit ominous.

Or could it just be because it's launching today?
  • Options
    denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's available now. But I get an error message every time I want to check out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same :(
  • Options
    corh5corh5 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    markrduk wrote: »
    same :(

I'm trying to buy a Nexus 10. Same problem grrrrrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it supposed to be 1-2 business days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well.... Google is well and truly off my Christmas card list! :mad:
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    WTF I received a email this morning, went to the page and its still on notify me.

This doesn't look good for a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I emptied the shopping basket and now it's back to "Notify me" for me, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent about 40 mins trying to get the 8GB model (rightly thinking it was my best bet as the 16GB one sold out within about 10 mins), however I had no joy. All I was met with was technical errors. I did once get to the point of 'accept purchase' but it crashed at the last minute and gave me an error. So I guess I'll keep my SII for a little while longer!

It looks like it has been complete 'luck' for which people managed to get hold of one.

If Google can't build a site/payment system that can cope with extremely predictable spikes in demand than I really don't know who can!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you are joking about the 16gb model being sold out? :eek:
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    sold out by the look of it.
  • Options
    corh5corh5 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Grrrrrr My Nexus 10 has gone through twice despite only one order placed confirmation. On phone to them now, have been for 20 minutes now... shocking service...... Not happy.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just received an email from Google with my order confirmation :D:D:D

.... followed up immediately with one saying it had been cancelled!

Great work Google!!!

*sighs*