Is Justin becoming reminiscent of a young Britney?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
Forum Member
This last week hasn't been that great for Justin but it totally took me back to the "Crossroads" premiere in London when Britney turned up 2 hours late and walked straight passed all the fans that had been waiting all day for their moment with her. She was booed and the press went to town on her, it was the first time her Miss innocent teen crown had slipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvd5eXudvxw

Her reaction to the whole affair was to party away and flip the birdy at the baying press.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Woohoo 5th Justin thread in first page!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if, in twenty-five years time, he'll be looking back and saying how embarrassed he is about now, and how he wishes he could talk to his own younger self.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I wonder if, in twenty-five years time, he'll be looking back and saying how embarrassed he is about now, and how he wishes he could talk to his own younger self.

dont we all wish that sometimes ourselves?
    He's just having to do it in world wide publicity
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Is he well-known?:confused:

Is there a reason for all this fuss?:confused:
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he well-known?:confused:

Is there a reason for all this fuss?:confused:

I read this thread earlier thinking it was Justin Timberlake, thinking 'surely he's old enough to know better?' :D

I don't think Britney was as egomanical as Justin B comes across these days.
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Britney was never as much egotistical. I think Britney just had pushy parents and nobody really looking out for her. Bieber has too many yes people and it's obvious he's on something from his behaviour. With Britney it was more a meltdown which is very different.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woohoo you helped keep it there by commenting, that wasn't counter productive at all!

• elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber is a selfish, smug, talentless little turd.

Britney Spears on the other hand is/was an easily-led, possibly damaged person who unfortunately found herself surrounded, exploited and managed by selfish, smug little turds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

Britney Spears on the other hand is/was an easily-led, possibly damaged person who unfortunately found herself surrounded, exploited and managed by selfish, smug little turds.

True.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...Britney was never a brat in the same way, nor has she taken her fans forgranted.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

Nail On Head.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Once they start hitting the clubs, problems start.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Britney was never as bad as the way Justin is behaving
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    When Britney was melting down she always struck me as stubbornly determined to self-destruct whilst railing against oppressive management and years of being 'Disney's Pop Princess'. Whether something similar, i.e. frustration at the demands of the record company (how many dates is his tour again?) is beginning to affect Bieber or whether he's just a knob is presently unclear.

It certainly looks like, aside from anything else he's getting into, Bieber has a monstrous ego and a massive sense of entitlement to behave as he wishes with no regard for others. Of course when you have a phalanx of record company lackeys just creaming themselves to pander to your every wish so as to keep the gravy train rolling, it is hardly any wonder. :eek:

Apropos of Britney I've always suspected a certain strength of character and "bloody-mindedness" in her that whilst it initially led her down a dark path and into mental health issues also (with the help of the conservatorship) enabled her to climb back out of the abyss afterwards, something that not all of Showbiz' "lost sheep" have been able to achieve (I'm looking at you Lindsay!)

Of preference, I'd rather Bieber was just an arrogant, bratty little child "acting out" than someone in the grip of psychological turmoil (and ideally neither!) as most people grow out of the former but the latter cannot always be left behind.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A sad little wannabe trying to be a rock and roll bad boy. He's no Keith Moon is he :)
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woohoo you helped keep it there by commenting, that wasn't counter productive at all!

Whoohoo
    When I feel heavy metal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sad little wannabe trying to be a rock and roll bad boy. He's no Keith Moon is he :)

He sure ain't.;)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    He's not even Alfie Moon!

( Though he does look a bit like Spencer :eek: :D )
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This last week hasn't been that great for Justin but it totally took me back to the "Crossroads" premiere in London when Britney turned up 2 hours late and walked straight passed all the fans that had been waiting all day for their moment with her. She was booed and the press went to town on her, it was the first time her Miss innocent teen crown had slipped.

Her reaction to the whole affair was to party away and flip the birdy at the baying press.

He is just not that interesting, however hard he tries.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Britney was mentally ill Justin is just a spoilt brat.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member

NO! Britney has problems she can't help. Justin is a selfish brat.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is pathetic in my view . has let down what fans he did have by turning up 2 hours late on two concerts. what was the problem ? you lost your way or drunk during the previopus night>
    Now in on last concert in london he could not continue due to fatigue during his concerty that he actually turned up in time !
    And to cap it all ! He cannot sing !
    My advice too mr Bieber is to get singing lessons. have early nights and not do any concerts for at least 2 years. Then maybe you have learnt a good lesson "
    You do not let down your fans.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    NO! Britney has problems she can't help. Justin is a selfish brat.

How do you know though... Maybe by the time Justin is 31 we'll think he has problems he couldn't help.

Whoever (managers family etc) is meant to be looking after him isn't and it's a slippery slope to Britney Territory.
    Same with Chris Brown and I have nothing good to say about Chris Brown
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    He was pushed into fame far too young, the pressure is just too much for a young kid of 14-15 in the music industry, with all the crazy fans and manipulative managers. There really should be an age limit of 18.

As for his fans, a lot of them are maniacs sending death threats to anyone he's romantically linked with, following him everywhere, and making his life a living hell. Bieber will most likely detest his fans, he probably blames them for Selena Gomez cheating on him. Turning up two hours late was perhaps his way of getting revenge.

I don't know what the future is going to be like for him. I guess it depends if he's surrounded by people who only care about money, or if he's surrounded by people who care about his mental state. If it's the latter, then they'd surely advise him to retire from music. He's earned enough money to live on for the rest his life, so it's not like he needs the money. His maniac fans would soon move on to something else, and forget Bieber even existed.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Who knows what is really wrong with Britney, but something clearly was (is), a lot seem to think her "breakdown" was a manic episode which I guess with all the bipolar rumours is likely.

Justin just doesn't seem like a good person who went off, Britney did.