Real madrid for la liga title

2»

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    law10 wrote: »
    Look, mate, there's no getting away from it, he's shot. 186 goals in 165 games, the trophies, the consecutive Ballon d'Ors, it means nowt, he's a poor man's Grant Holt.

Cold night in Stoke and all that.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've judged him on the umpteen games I've seen him play for Brazil. He's another Robinho. I don't need to see him play anymore as I know his game.

Barcelona signed him to play for them, clearly they went further than just judging his abilities at international level.

How many times have you seen him play for Brazil because his overall international record is not that bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    Barcelona signed him to play for them, clearly they went further than just judging his abilities at international level.

How many times have you seen him play for Brazil because his overall international record is not that bad.

Well we'll see how he gets on over the season especially in the Champions League.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we'll see how he gets on over the season especially in the Champions League.

Which reinforces my initial point, how can you claim he is a bad signing for Barcelona without seeing him in action for Barcelona.
    Forum Member
    Which reinforces my initial point, how can you claim he is a bad signing for Barcelona without seeing him in action for Barcelona.

Huh? It doesn't reinforce anything. There's nothing more to say other than going round in circles repeating the same points. I've already said why I think he's a bad signing ie he's more style over substance. That really is that. It's impossible to prove either way. You seem to want evidence which won't be forthcoming since it's just opinion. So... goodbye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? It doesn't reinforce anything. There's nothing more to say other than going round in circles repeating the same points. I've already said why I think he's a bad signing ie he's more style over substance. That really is that. It's impossible to prove either way. You seem to want evidence which won't be forthcoming since it's just opinion. So... goodbye.

How can Neymar be style over substance when his goal scoring record for both Santos and Brazil is pretty good. At least make an effort in why you think he is a bad signing rather than spout the usual cliche.
  • mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    I've judged him on the umpteen games I've seen him play for Brazil. He's another Robinho. I don't need to see him play anymore as I know his game. Isco's the real deal. Whoever gets him is getting a genuine talent.

Playing for a national team is different from playing for a club team. Watching some of the performances Messi has put in wearing an Argentina shirt in the last few years you could think he's not that great, but you'd be wrong (and I say this as someone who doesn't like him) so why judge Neymar on his Brazil performances without watching him at club level?
    Forum Member
    How can Neymar be style over substance when his goal scoring record for both Santos and Brazil is pretty good. At least make an effort in why you think he is a bad signing rather than spout the usual cliche.

Because he's regarded as one of the best players in the world. Most of those Brazil goals are against the likes of China. Brazil have played a lot of high profile games over the past two years of which I've seen all of them and he's been very average in all of them even if he has scored. He tries to beat two or three men at a time and invariably loses the ball or he'll have a shot from a ridiculous angle rather than just pass to a teammate in a better position. He does this in every single game I've seen him. That's Ok against Iraq where they have about 100 shots on target but not so against quality opposition. Although I suppose he did layoff a ball against France the other day which led to a goal. Possibly for the first time ever!
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought Neymar has been over rated. But if I was to have players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi playing with me, I'd look like a world beater!! Barca just look so easy on the ball, like everyone is doing the work for everyone else. Like someone else has mentioned though, they need to buck up their defense, Bayern Munich made them look like a League 2 side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he's regarded as one of the best players in the world. Most of those Brazil goals are against the likes of China. Brazil have played a lot of high profile games over the past two years of which I've seen all of them and he's been very average in all of them even if he has scored. He tries to beat two or three men at a time and invariably loses the ball or he'll have a shot from a ridiculous angle rather than just pass to a teammate in a better position. He does this in every single game I've seen him. That's Ok against Iraq where they have about 100 shots on target but not so against quality opposition. Although I suppose he did layoff a ball against France the other day which led to a goal. Possibly for the first time ever!

Maybe you should have watched a few of his games at club level before you wrote him off.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malbren wrote: »
    More guesswork really, pretty pointless. whose going to be the winner in a two horse race as thats what it is. We don't even know the manager of real yet so unsure how we can say with any degree of certaintly that they'll win it.

I don't think offering a prediction on this with at least some form of evidence base as to why they think it will happen is unreasonable or pointless. There are numerous sporting events that could amount to the proverbial 'coin flip'.

See a particular thread for one poster more or less confirming the outcome of the 2013/14 Premier League.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's obviously a talent but there's something not entirely convincing about him, so we'll see.

Won't hurt to play alongside Messi, the best player ever.

Robinho is a disaster.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Cold night in Stoke and all that.

always a cold night in stoke:D
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    If they sort out their striking problem, I don't see why not. Higuain and Benzema played well below what should be expected of a Real Madrid forward last season, and Mourinho's reluctance to let Kaka play even when Ozil, Modric and Di Maria were all underperforming didn't help.
    well that's a big if, and I could also throw in "if Barca sort their problem..." too. fact is, there aren't many convincing reasons to suggest that, as things presently stand, Real will get better while Barca get worse.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neymar is another bad signing. What they need is a defence not some show pony that doesn't pass the ball.

I would like to be proved wrong but I can't help agreeing here. For a player with so much hype around him every time I've watched him he has been a giant let-down. Meanwhile defensive errors have scuppered Barca's CL performances for two seasons running now.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel1213 wrote: »
    Playing for a national team is different from playing for a club team. Watching some of the performances Messi has put in wearing an Argentina shirt in the last few years you could think he's not that great, but you'd be wrong (and I say this as someone who doesn't like him) so why judge Neymar on his Brazil performances without watching him at club level?

Even when Messi wasn't scoring for Argentina he put in a shift and managed a few dribbles and flashes of pure talent. In contrast, Neymar has been quite poor. Even his first touch in a Brazil shirt is lacking. Like I said, I would be happy to be proved wrong. United fan second, football fan first and all that.....
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Neymar has a lot to prove in my opinion, he's at the right club for doing it given how Barcelona play, but he really needs to have standout seasons to justify his hype and transfer fee.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think offering a prediction on this with at least some form of evidence base as to why they think it will happen is unreasonable or pointless. There are numerous sporting events that could amount to the proverbial 'coin flip'.

See a particular thread for one poster more or less confirming the outcome of the 2013/14 Premier League.

For me, before a manager has even been named or players in/out are sorted, to say RM will win the league is no different from anyone posting anyone can win any league though. The reasons the OP gave weren't exactly vast.

Without having seen the thread to which you refer I bet any money I can guess who it is who posted it, that doesn't need the flip of a coin. :D