Repeated clip of blonde audience member clapping

cats academycats academy Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone else notice the short 2-second clip of the blonde woman with glasses clapping that appeared about five times over the weekend?
AWFUL EDITING. Just awful. The editors should be ashamed of themselves.

Comments

• dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OR the camera operators for not collecting enough decent crowd shots/closeups for them to use. Having worked as an editor myself, working with limited footage is a complete nightmare. Sometimes it is better to slip in the odd repeated shot discretely that most wont notice than slap in a noticeably shoddy or badly filmed one IMHO :)
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a black woman shaking her arms and dancing about 5 times.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did this last year with my friend. They showed her cheering for an act that was on a completely different day to the auditions she went to.
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's also two friends constantly being shown in the audience smiling when someone is singing "nicely"
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    There was a woman with a huge mouth laughing which they showed at least twice.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd be able to get at least 10 different versions of these kind of shots so they could spread them out across the shows. To use the same clips of the same audience members is beyond lazy!! We all know the editing goes on but there's no need for them to rub it in by using the same clips...*sigh*
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I've noticed them repeating the judges' reactions in the past too

We went to the auditions on the final day in Manchester back in 2010, and they made us all give a standing ovation to an empty stage so they could add it in later.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes!! that woman in the luminous green sleeveless top shaking her hands in the air....they are obsessed showing her:o:o
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always do this stuff, not only in these shows. Wasn't there a story about the Euro 2012 matches, Germany vs Italy where they showed a German woman crying during a LIVE match, when really, it was an image taken at a completely different time?