1st Live Show theme CONFIRMED!

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Can we expect someone singing 'Never Gonna Give You Up'?
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do a specific theme for week 1? They should make Week 1 'Songs To Impress' or something so everyone can have a song that actually suits them.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring..If you want viewers to watch,especially young ones they should do something more up to date for the first show.
    Forum Member
    Boring..If you want viewers to watch,especially young ones they should do something more up to date for the first show.

But they could also attract older viewers.

And they can 'put their own twist' on a song.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an awful theme :eek: Although I guess it does fit in with the dated contestants they have this year...
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **** sake. They need help from XFAUS' song choosing. These acts need to be made current if not already and singing songs from 20yrs ago isn't going to help...
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's annoying. The songs performed over the last couple of years have been much fresher compared to before then, when it was always Queen Week or Disco Week or Elton John Week.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It looks like this theme is more aimed towards Miss Dynamix, Tamera and Hannah if they're in the live shows and Luke Friend. Interesting....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher and Ellie Goulding are the guest performers
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Why do a specific theme for week 1? They should make Week 1 'Songs To Impress' or something so everyone can have a song that actually suits them.

There's something wrong if they can't all find a song to suit them from a 10 year period.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop moaning. Its great theme to kick off the live shows viewers will actually know the songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop moaning. Its great theme to kick off the live shows viewers will actually know the songs.

The thing is they won't, as the majority of viewers probably won't have even been born yet in the 80s...
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will know the songs if your a granny you mean, I'm a 19 year old girl and I can't say 80's theme is up my street haha! depressing theme why don't they do themes that are like in the 21st century instead of stuff for lonely grannys with there pet dogs or cats :rolleyes:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **** sake. They need help from XFAUS' song choosing. These acts need to be made current if not already and singing songs from 20yrs ago isn't going to help...

20 years ago would be the 90s :D

Older viewers will, or viewers (like myself) who've worked their way back to 80s music. The tweens probably won't, unless they all sing very well-known songs.
    Forum Member
    I just realised, it's almost certain someone will be singing Purple Rain...:rolleyes:

I'd love to see a rendition of With Or Without You and Billie Jean...:)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke Friend:- Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen (Matt Kearney)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEK2YCz9-IQ

Rough Copy - I just called to say I love you (Stevie Wonder)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFLTGlmfYhs

Abi Alton - Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper (Dear Prudence Cover) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxEuzUHGDOY
    Forum Member
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    You will know the songs if your a granny you mean, I'm a 19 year old girl and I can't say 80's theme is up my street haha! depressing theme why don't they do themes that are like in the 21st century instead of stuff for lonely grannys with there pet dogs or cats :rolleyes:

They can make an "80s" song sound something current.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    The thing is they won't, as the majority of viewers probably won't have even been born yet in the 80s...

Yes because only young people watch X Factor don't they?

Criticism last year was the judges alienating the older viewers by criticizing Gary's older song choices for Chris. The producers have learnt from last year that older viewers still want to hear the oldish classics.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They can make an "80s" song sound something current.

We will see :)
    Forum Member
    Miss Dynamix - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

I suspect we'll be hearing a rendition of Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan and Whitney's I Wanna Dance With Somebody...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes because only young people watch X Factor don't they.

Criticism last year was the judges alienating the older viewers by criticizing Gary's older song choices for Chris. The producers have learnt from last year that older viewers still want to hear the oldish classics.

It's pretty well known that more young people watch XF than old? That doesn't mean no older people watch it, but it also doesn't mean that having an '80s Songs' theme will mean more people will know the songs that they're singing, more likely the opposite...
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera Foster - Lately - Stevie Wonder (Amber Holocomb Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvatp2jnRc
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been scrolling through this thread and have seen some major spoilers. All series I've tried to avoid these spoilers :( Can we please put them in tags so that others won't get annoyed like me. Luckily I was zooming past, so I only saw two contestants that made it through... still very inconsideration an irritating though.
    Forum Member
    Tamera Foster - Lately - Stevie Wonder (Amber Holocomb Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvatp2jnRc

I'd like to see her doing something Uptempo provided she is in the live shows, I was thinking she'd suit I Wanna Dance With Somebody or How Will I know by Whitney..:)

Walking On Sunshine is also a popular choice with XF, I can see Kingsland singing that as I'm almost sure they'll make the lives..:p
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure some younger viewers might not recognise the songs but quite often the less obvious songs end up being very popular and seeing a huge chart resurgence.

Cher Lloyd doing stay caused massive sales of the original.

Besides, 80s is an amazing theme. Broad enough to allow a variety of music but equally the decade when a lot of my favourite music was released. And I wasn't born until the 90s.