Options

BT - useless

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Joined bt broadband recently and claimed my sainsburys voucher. Read horror stories of them never turning up or very slow.

I was surprised the other day though when mine arrived in a timely manner.

A couple of days of checking the balance however shows the card to have zero balance. Thanks for that BT.

Have tried contacting them but its beyond hopeless getting them it seems.

Comments

• Options
    Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had so much trouble with BT over the years, when you leave you have to pay a £30 disconnection fee, you have to give them a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel, although if you phone 40 days in advance they cant cancel as its too far in advance. That's of course if you get through to someone at all, ive often waited 10-15 minutes.
    Seriously no one needs BT or BT phone lines anymore, use another company if you can.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    WELL i have my line rental.calls with them and now they want to charge me £1.60 a month for there email!! well they know what they can do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lee Cool wrote: »
    I have had so much trouble with BT over the years, when you leave you have to pay a £30 disconnection fee, you have to give them a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel, although if you phone 40 days in advance they cant cancel as its too far in advance. That's of course if you get through to someone at all, ive often waited 10-15 minutes.
    Seriously no one needs BT or BT phone lines anymore, use another company if you can.

my broadband is now with plus net.. and there fab...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have to withdraw my moan. They've contacted today to say sorry for the zero balance card and as a way of saying sorry are doubling it it 50.

However I'll wait till it arrives and is verified before I celebrate.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cocked my order up as well with the Sainsburys voucher, and couldn't reinstate it. So gave me Infinity 2 & anytime calls for £21.00 per moth plus line rental. Should have been about £33.00 per month plus line rental. So over 18 months a £180.00 saving, better than the £75.00 voucher on offer at the time. Besides that I haven't even got a Sainsbury's near me so wasn't that fussed about the voucher.
  • Options
    SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member
    my broadband is now with plus net.. and there fab...

And owned by BT :)
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    They cocked my order up as well with the Sainsburys voucher, and couldn't reinstate it. So gave me Infinity 2 & anytime calls for £21.00 per moth plus line rental. Should have been about £33.00 per month plus line rental. So over 18 months a £180.00 saving, better than the £75.00 voucher on offer at the time. Besides that I haven't even got a Sainsbury's near me so wasn't that fussed about the voucher.

Are you sure they cocked it up and it isn't a scam to get you on a better package in the hope you'll stick with it in 18 months time?
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F2kSel wrote: »
    Are you sure they cocked it up and it isn't a scam to get you on a better package in the hope you'll stick with it in 18 months time?

It's an 18 month contact so at this moment in time, I am better off, after 18 months I will see what happens. I am not loyal to BT so if another company offers a better deal, then I will just change providers. But will have to stay with Fibre now, once you have gone Fibre you won't want to go back.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    F2kSel wrote: »

No its not a scam but yes they are hoping you'll be happy and stay, things like having free football being a BT customer is challenging Sky (mainly) and is a very nice carrot for the undecided.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    It's an 18 month contact so at this moment in time, I am better off, after 18 months I will see what happens. I am not loyal to BT so if another company offers a better deal, then I will just change providers. But will have to stay with Fibre now, once you have gone Fibre you won't want to go back.

I agree with you on the " once you have gone Fibre you won't want to go back ". It has been so stable since I went to fibre - a few teething issues in the beginning but sorted out quite quickly for BT.;)

Infinidim :cool:
  • Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveMcK wrote: »
    And owned by BT :)

Yes but with very much hands off approach.
  • Options
    redcar1redcar1 Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

About half the country needs BT and their pesky phone lines, I'm afraid! That is, those areas which do not have access to the only real alternative for home broadband, which is of course cable. There may be many companies offering broadband through your phone line, but in the end ADSL is ADSL and your line is effectivelyBT's (I.e.Openreach) so the differences aren't going to be great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well fair play to them. New voucher came today and is for £50.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I might have to withdraw my moan. They've contacted today to say sorry for the zero balance card and as a way of saying sorry are doubling it it 50.

However I'll wait till it arrives and is verified before I celebrate.

Us establish customers get SFA from BT, they don't even honour the gift card offer which was available to both new and established customers, can't wait to ditch them.

And I'm not taking up any other ISP or TV subscription service as BT have utterly sickened me by their attitude. And Virgin can frig off as well, vile company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had quite a rough ride changing to BT bb but think my woes are coming to an end.

When I changed to bb from o2 they cut both my phone and bb from friday through to tues afternoon. Next up they failed to register me so couldnt get access to bt wifi. Next up was the gift voucher they sent me with zero balance.

Each of them are now sorted. Its more the getting hold of them was my biggest grumble.

All I need them to do now is come to some agreement with virgin over bt sports and im sorted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i had to chip in .. i dumped Bt 5 months ago , the best thing i ever did and i wont have to chat to someone in bangladesh now also..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed up for the footy, placed an order 25th July.

Phone went on due date of 9th Aug - problem with BB MAC code apparently.

Rang to enquire, gave them MAC code again (that worked incidentally). Said I needed to be on for Saturday, promised it would be OK. New date issued for 19th. Rang up to complain. Now it's the 20th. The MAC code expires on the 22nd so I can't afford them to f*ck it up again.

Can't use my account number in the App or to get it on Sky card. Really p*ssed off with their incompetence.

A thousand apologies from the call centre, they're unable to do jack.

Who or where should I appeal to for a lifeline in the UK?

I've paid the line rental upfront and for them to deliver a HH4. £148 shelled and no football. I feel like posting this in the Sky thread for the fanboys to do a bit of gloating over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    blimey I know how you feel. having problems too only mine was that the contractor who installed the broadband plugged it into the virgin media box and ran the extension from the virgin phone line !! that was the 22nd they just coming back today ! still not been able to order BT sport yet as a result :mad:
  • Options
    RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhftw wrote: »
    Signed up for the footy, placed an order 25th July.

Phone went on due date of 9th Aug - problem with BB MAC code apparently.

Rang to enquire, gave them MAC code again (that worked incidentally). Said I needed to be on for Saturday, promised it would be OK. New date issued for 19th. Rang up to complain. Now it's the 20th. The MAC code expires on the 22nd so I can't afford them to f*ck it up again.

Can't use my account number in the App or to get it on Sky card. Really p*ssed off with their incompetence.

A thousand apologies from the call centre, they're unable to do jack.

Who or where should I appeal to for a lifeline in the UK?

I've paid the line rental upfront and for them to deliver a HH4. £148 shelled and no football. I feel like posting this in the Sky thread for the fanboys to do a bit of gloating over.

you know what, This happened to me too funnily enough.

You'd think that this happens continuously that they would finally stop trying to move both phone line and broadband on the same day.

When you move the phone line the BT openreach system put a Temporary cease on the for the phone line move and this prevents the broadband move. Then you get some bull about a rejected mac code. They asked for a new mac code I gave them the same one again then the broadband finally moved about a week later too.

The fact that you need to find this out from a 3rd party and BT do not sort this out automatically ands arrange 2 dates, one for BB and one for phone a 2 or more days apart is a joke.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My order with BT was the worst shopping experiences I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing. The company doesn't know it's arse from its elbow. Shit, shit, shit
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I highlighted on another thread that I got my infinity and what not on but still not received my gift card (and I was activated 4th June) I wasn't impressed with phone support yesterday when I called so I went to the top and I supposed to be getting something sorted for me on monday. Sad that sometimes you still have to go to the top sometimes to get things sorted these days
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I had a few issues moving my landline & net to BT, mostly because my prev ISP/landline provider messed things up.
    BT made a very nice goodwill payment & I have nothing but good things to say about their fibre & vision TV service.

Compared to my last ISP/landline provider AND Sky (which I was getting at half price - world package) I am quids in with a far superior net connection.

I'm happy.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. Survived today's thunderstorm without losing the unusually good 2.7 meg connection BT gave me for once. An hour later connection dies. phone up BT India to be told that the new software no longer works with my ancient model of HH. No warning, no one bothers to find out who is using those hubs and tell them, or sends any emails - although their system identifies that at their end - and no one sends the user a new one before they take down the current hub and connection. I can get a new hub perhaps if I go back into contract.... Option 3 = nothing. Back to back up 3 dongle.....
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Survived today's thunderstorm without losing the unusually good 2.7 meg connection BT gave me for once. An hour later connection dies. phone up BT India to be told that the new software no longer works with my ancient model of HH. No warning, no one bothers to find out who is using those hubs and tell them, or sends any emails - although their system identifies that at their end - and no one sends the user a new one before they take down the current hub and connection. I can get a new hub perhaps if I go back into contract.... Option 3 = nothing. Back to back up 3 dongle.....

What is HH???

Tbh, 10-15 minutes is standard, as is the advance warning notice. The £30 does sound iffy. But that is profiteering for you I guess.

I am surprised people had problems. Guess I was quite lucky. My broadband kit came on time and installation was a breeze. Two random disconnects in first week. None since (been 5 weeks since that).

I used to be with Virgin who weren't too bad, but their high pings were what eventually led me to switching ISP.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    What is HH???

HomeHub ;)