Options

Kylie. "Into The Blue" Lead single from her Twelfth Studio Album"??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    it will be interesting to see if R1 do playlist Kylie after she is front their main music tv show?
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it will be interesting to see if R1 do playlist Kylie after she is front their main music tv show?

well she's certainly not doing the show for the reported salary, now is she? so if radio 1 do decide to do a u-turn and baring in mind when she collaborated taio cruz, they choose to spin the us version of the song featuring travie mccoy. then its fair to assume some internal politics are at play.;-)
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im fairly certain Kylie or her management will have made sure that as part of her Voice contract the comeback single will at least get a fair few plays on Radio 1.

They're not stupid, especially if she's not allowed to promote on the show itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i agree in a way, but this is the reason i have always felt a bit sorry for kylie.:blush: she could stick to the same formula and suffer diminishing returns like she experienced during the latter stage of her time at pwl or she could change things up a bit and lose sales anyway. almost every time she's taken a musical detour like the "impossible princess" or "body language", her sales have suffered and she has had to go back to what traditionally sells for her. unfortunately for her, the fans have never fully supported her musical growth as an artist more generally.

"body language" seemed the least convincing detour with the rnb influences aimed squarely at us to capitalise on her brief second us wind, but she enjoyed that success due to her playing to her strengthens musically and that made the direction change seem even more odd.:D i did like her re-working of her classics on "the abbey road sessions" though and that seemed like a musical change from a more genuine place.

so on balance, i do agree that she needs to stick to what she does best for commercial reasons, but i wonder if she feels personally fulfilled with her musical development as an artist.
    Totally agree with you on this, as well as your other points. It's what I've been alluding to for years. It's ironic that the very "fans" (on some Kylie forums) who openly ask for a more "adult" album, are the very one's who won't then buy it, and even boast about how they've then managed to download it for free... Shameful.

Loved the Abbey Road sessions as well. It was a wonderful re-production of some of my favourite tracks. They should have added "In My Arms" to the album. The production and her vocals on her new rendition of this was really beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    Totally agree with you on this, as well as your other points. It's what I've been alluding to for years. It's ironic that the very "fans" (on some Kylie forums) who openly ask for a more "adult" album, are the very one's who won't then buy it, and even boast about how they've then managed to download it for free... Shameful.

Loved the Abbey Road sessions as well. It was a wonderful re-production of some of my favourite tracks. They should have added "In My Arms" to the album. The production and her vocals on her new rendition of this was really beautiful.

that really annoys me about some fans and i am speaking from real life experiences, as opposed to online discussions. i remember when "2 hearts" was released as the lead single for "x" and a friend of mine couldn't stand it. for me, it was a bit of a curve ball from her, but that friend insisted on playing a remix version instead of the single version and he was eventually relieved that the parent album had plenty of "classic kylie sounds". naturally, he loved "all the lovers" when that was the lead for "aphrodite", but when i told him both lead singles were written by the same team, his face was a picture.:D

"impossible princess" is my absolute favourite album from her, but none of my friends seem to rate that record so highly. you have to wonder just how many times these people essentially want the same thing over and over, but each to their own i guess. although, i have to say, nobody i know had anything bad to say about "the abbey road sessions". for whatever reason, her fans seemed to embrace that direction change, well the fans i know personally anyway.;-)

i have all her studio albums on cd and i am unlikely to stop collecting her music now, but that is a bit bad that some of her fans online obtain illegal copies of her music for whatever reason.:o
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #justice4GetItUpYa?

we need to make it happen!!!!!
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else fear that history is going to repeat itself with Into the Blue? Parlophone really ballsed up the release of All the Lovers... With the release date so far away (March 16) and radio play starting Jan 20th, I fear that a rushed digital release will be on the cards once again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    Does anyone else fear that history is going to repeat itself with Into the Blue? Parlophone really ballsed up the release of All the Lovers... With the release date so far away (March 16) and radio play starting Jan 20th, I fear that a rushed digital release will be on the cards once again. :(

i wouldn't worry too much, if the song is destined to smash, it will. both miley cyrus's #1 singles last year were released here weeks after each song was initially revealed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Can't believe she can't promote her music on the voice how do judges of shows like x factor get away with it? They do it with their ever changing merry go round of judges line-up 's all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »

The digital release will be out on March 16th in the UK and not before. On air Online would not have worked for Kylie. The traditional method of release is more common for most artists in the UK. Unless you're Rihanna or 1D etc. Even Katy Perry/Cheryl Cole/Miley released their lead singles on the traditional build up promo basis.

Parlophone only messed up with ATL by not releasing all formats during the same week just so that it had chart longevity. Aside from that they had a great campaign for ATL. Fear not, RocNation have her as priority and as the above post said, if it's meant to be a hit it will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe she can't promote her music on the voice how do judges of shows like x factor get away with it? They do it with their ever changing merry go round of judges line-up 's all the time.

Considering the single is out on March 16th. I'm pretty sure she will perform Into The Blue on the first live show of The Voice which is March 15th.

The BBC have certain rules about promoting your product ie referencing the name etc. However there are no rules stopping her performing the track and it's an obvious given she will. The Voice is a promo tool for her and Parlophone. It's pretty obvious this is why she's doing it.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Considering the single is out on March 16th. I'm pretty sure she will perform Into The Blue on the first live show of The Voice which is March 15th.

The BBC have certain rules about promoting your product ie referencing the name etc. However there are no rules stopping her performing the track and it's an obvious given she will. The Voice is a promo tool for her and Parlophone. It's pretty obvious this is why she's doing it.

Thank you! Excited now!!! :D
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    A lot has changed behind the scenes since Aphrodite (new management, the Parlophone/Warner buyout etc) so hopefully the same mistakes won't be repeated and she will produce a few more massive hits :D

I remember she was very critical of the way her Aphrodite singles were handled so perhaps she is also able to keep her eye on the ball this time too.