Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Michael McIntyre's will air March 7th-April 11th as Graham Norton is off during that time and usually returns in April.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jump playing at 8pm during the week to avoid Celebrity Big Brother.
  • Options
    marxavlenmarxavlen Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    Massive for Death in Paradise - it should timeshift close to 9m! :o

Massive flop for The Taste - will they yank it away from 9pm immediately?

A few more:
    EastEnders 7.63 34.9

Wild Brazil 1.93 8.1
    House of Fools 1.27 6.8

Weight Loss Ward 2.33 9.9
    Animal Orphans 3.37 14

CBB 2.49 10.4

26% all day share for BBC1. :o

If The Taste falls any lower, it will more than likely be pulled. To lose half your audience in 1 week, that is dodgy. It will face the CBB final in a fortnight too, and that's before it faces Champions League football.

Quite ironic that C4 put all their faith and promotion in The Taste, only for Benefits Street to embarrass it. Only on Channel 4. :D

Eastenders did pretty well. Animal Orphans also did well, imagine it may go up next week. CBB did fantastically well last night.
    From last Monday onwards:

Breakfast
    1.45m (38.0%)
    1.56m (38.7%)
    1.48m (38.3%)
    1.48m (38.4%)
    1.54m (39.9%)
    1.42m (37.4%)
    1.54m (38.4%)

Daybreak
    0.64m (18.6%)
    0.61m (16.2%)
    0.58m (15.9%)
    0.58m (16.1%)
    0.61m (16.9%)
    0.59m (16.7%)
    0.62m (16.4%)

Suddenly the 'Chiles and Bleakley' era is not looking all that bad. Those Daybreak figures are horrendous.
    dubsj wrote: »
    The Jump playing at 8pm during the week to avoid Celebrity Big Brother.

Interesting. Up against Corrie and Eastenders on the Monday and Friday, not fantastic.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Looks like Line of Duty has been pushed back. If they don't want to put it against the Britain's Great War, Wednesday might be the best place for it, against comedy on BBC One although it would be starting halfway through Midsomer Murders.

BBC seem to have struck a deal to share the rights for Britain's Davis Cup tie with Eurosport, airing on BBC Three on Friday 31st 19:00-23:05, and presumably Saturday and Sunday as well.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Line of Duty has been pushed back. If they don't want to put it against the Britain's Great War, Wednesday might be the best place for it, against comedy on BBC One although it would be starting halfway through Midsomer Murders.

BBC seem to have struck a deal to share the rights for Britain's Davis Cup tie with Eurosport, airing on BBC Three on Friday 31st 19:00-23:05, and presumably Saturday and Sunday as well.

If I was at the BBC I'd delay Line Of Duty until after Benefits Street, Celebrity Big Brother and The Jump end.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    CSI: Vegas is "certain to be renewed" according to TV By The Numbers. C5 breathing a sigh of relief having lost spinoffs Miami and New York in the past two seasons. The outlook remain bleak for The Mentalist however, particularly given it's produced by Warner Bros and not CBS.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/14/cbs-csi-is-certain-to-be-renewed/228608/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jda135 wrote: »
    If The Taste falls any lower, it will more than likely be pulled. To lose half your audience in 1 week, that is dodgy. It will face the CBB final in a fortnight too, and that's before it faces Champions League football.

Quite ironic that C4 put all their faith and promotion in The Taste, only for Benefits Street to embarrass it. Only on Channel 4. :D
    Really does show that sometimes promotion is just a load of old nonsense. Tonnes of promotion for The Taste, specially shot trailers, cinema ads, ad space bought on rival channels and it dies a death. Sometimes it's the shows they don't make a fuss about that take off.
    Suddenly the 'Chiles and Bleakley' era is not looking all that bad. Those Daybreak figures are horrendous.
    And neither can be blamed for the mess Daybreak is in ratings wise now.
    Interesting. Up against Corrie and Eastenders on the Monday and Friday, not fantastic.

I think The Jump is going to have difficulty taking off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    CSI: Vegas is "certain to be renewed" according to TV By The Numbers. C5 breathing a sigh of relief having lost spinoffs Miami and New York in the past two seasons. The outlook remain bleak for The Mentalist however, particularly given it's produced by Warner Bros and not CBS.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/14/cbs-csi-is-certain-to-be-renewed/228608/

Ted Samson has been a great addition for CSI he got me back into the show. CBS have scheduled The Mentalist to death. Took a hit and stamped all over it.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Watched Drama

1 - Lewis: 11.31m
    2 - Wild at Heart: 10.83m
    3 - A Touch of Frost: 10.07m
    4 - Ghostboat: 9.75m
    5 - Heartbeat: 9.66m
    Bib :confused:
    I can't even remember what this was. :blush:
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    The 7.39 last Tuesday has a consolidated rating of 7.41m :)

This drama was the best I've seen in a while. Although I wonder how many just catch up on I player like me. It was a real surprise that it just wasn't a bit of old nonsense and great acting performances. The leads were excellent.

"Death In Paradise" gained an excellent overnight a shame the production team couldn't have persuaded its star to stay. Whether it continues to go on with these types of figures next week will be the real test. I dont watch this as its like paint drying to me but I now understand why BBC One were reluctant to let go of it given it can get 7 million overnight. Wonder if that will slump though by the end of the series.
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the News will be at 6.45, against the first 15 minutes of Splash.

They seem to be seeing they're not interested in a coherent Saturday night schedule, they only care about The Voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jumps starts at 9pm on the Sunday. Final on the Friday at 9pm.
    8pm all other days in-between.
    Obviously felt going against Celeb Big Brother was a risk - ie finale of CBB on the Tuesday running over 10pm while coming off the back of a struggling Taste.
  • Options
    mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member

David Jason drama i believe.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5USA have dropped Justified and will not show the final two seasons.

Canadian drama Lost Girl starts on Syfy UK on Thursday 16th at 10pm.

The Good Wife returns to More4 on Thursday 30th Jan at 9pm.

Bones returns to Sky Living on Wednesday 29th Jan at 9pm.

As for last night, great for DIP, Kris Marshall was good as well and the show should hold up ok. Awful for the Taste after a lukewarm premier last week.

Anyone have any ideas how the Kumar's will launch tonight on Sky1, seen quite a few adverts for it. Also quite a but of promo for new Sky Living show My Kitchen Rules, which they will be hoping goes better than the Taste!
  • Options
    AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now now Cylon no one likes a smart ass lol. No it's about a death well in paradise :p

And I always thought DiP was a suicide bomber documentary...

Ok not really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the News will be at 6.45, against the first 15 minutes of Splash.

They seem to be seeing they're not interested in a coherent Saturday night schedule, they only care about The Voice.

That BBC1 Saturday schedule for January 25th is odd. The news should be on at 5.15pm and then programmes up to the main evening news. It is very stop start. Really odd and shows that they don't think Reflex is strong enough to lead into The Voice.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    That BBC1 Saturday schedule for January 25th is odd. The news should be on at 5.15pm and then programmes up to the main evening news. It is very stop start. Really odd and shows that they don't think Reflex is strong enough to lead into The Voice.

You'd think the news on before The Voice would harm it, but I suppose like Pointless pre-Strictly most will just watch the news because its on before TVUK.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think the news on before The Voice would harm it, but I suppose like Pointless pre-Strictly most will just watch the news because its on before TVUK.

I bet BBC schedulers didn't expect ITV to start Splash 15 minutes earlier though! The BBC need to have confidence in their shows and stop panicking. If they don't feel confident, then why should their viewers?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

It was rubbish thats what it was.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I think The Jump is going to have difficulty taking off.

Cant tell if you intended that as a joke or not.:D
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.3m for House of Fools. Not a bad start, hopefully the audience grows. It was very funny, classic Vic & Bob comedy.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I bet BBC schedulers didn't expect ITV to start Splash 15 minutes earlier though! The BBC need to have confidence in their shows and stop panicking. If they don't feel confident, then why should their viewers?

Are you suggerting they might have been worried Splash would've dent TVUK? That would be a bit foolish, i highly doubt TVUK is affected by Splash anyway, i expect next week TVUK to go up and Splash to go down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pointless does well anyway. Being on after a hit show boosts ratings, being in before it doesn't. And Pointless did well the very first week opposite Splash and it was nowhere near Strictly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Cant tell if you intended that as a joke or not.:D

A bit of both really! :D
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    Animal Orphans did better than most other flopzone efforts. I think these animal programmes would probably be itv's best bet for other Tuesdays because nothing else seems to stick.

Good to see EE sticking in the 7.5-8m region. Nearly bang on what it got last Tuesday as well. (Ken was interested in its performance this week compared to last year's equivalent, so it got 8.6m in 2013, so is down 0.97m and 11.3%)

Thanks for that JB.

A hell of a way down but it's stabilised.

Great for DiP, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As For this Macintyre Chat show, it could well be a saturday thing. I could see that sort of thing working early evening.
This discussion has been closed.