Options

Sheffield United off to Wembley

blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Blades have just beat Charlton 2-0 and very comfortably and have booked their place in the FA Cup semi-final. We've gone from the 1st round to the semi-final, I really hope we draw Arsenal or Man City, we're not expect to win a sausage so let's have a good day out in the smoke, no pressure and a good PL team.

Come on you Red and White Wizards. Sorry but I'm on a high right now.

Comments

• Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive turnaround after the carnage David Weir caused at the start of the season.

Well done to you.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they draw the winner of Hull/Sunderland they would have every chance of an upset and making the final. Then you would have a League 1 team in the Europa League! :o
  • Options
    TinyMikeyTinyMikey Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    If they draw the winner of Hull/Sunderland they would have every chance of an upset and making the final. Then you would have a League 1 team in the Europa League! :o

Pretty sure I read the other day that the FA have the right to turn around and say 'sorry, but we don't want you representing us in Europe' and give the spot to highest placed Premier League team not already qualified; which given our history with the FA isn't out the realms of possibility.

Will be nice for once to have zero pressure on us and actually be able to enjoy a day out at Wembley. Any sort of result is a bonus.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When County played Sheff Utd at the start of the season I thought you would get promoted, but I never expected you to go on such a great cup run or to be anywhere near the relegation zone
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Sheffield. Hope you get to the final against hull or Sunderland
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Must admit the atmosphere was electric something special, which is very rarely shown in top 2 divisions nowadays
    Whislt the plastic fans, premier league, is by far worst, there isn't really much in championship nowadays either
    Fully deserved victory too Btw
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wouldn't exactly help our co-efficient rating.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it'd be a disaster. Wigan and Birmingham haven't helped of late
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh no!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the draw fell favourably for Hull & Sheffield United
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sheffield United v hull
    Arsenal /Man city/Wigan
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly what just happened :o:D
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one game from the Europa League as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what just happened :o:D

Watch the "it should be final if it's city/arsenal
    Brigade start now ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not starting as doom and gloom and it'll be a great adventure for Hull/Sheff Utd but they don't have the squad to cope with it.

Look at Swansea and Newcastle. Can see the same happening to Hull but they've got arguably weaker squads than those two.

Was nice to see what it meant to Hull fans at the end. Genuinely nice to see a small club make it this far considering their lack of historical sense. Change from the usual
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Congratulations for your team making it to Wembley.:)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wigan 1-0 up, penalty.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Wigan 1-0 up, penalty.

Why does Pellegrini start Demichelis? He always seems to mess up in some ways. There are better players on the Manchester City bench in my opinion. Are there any Manchester City fans on here, who know why Demichelis starts?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlton fan here who was at Bramall Lane earlier:

A massive congratulations to you. Although the 1st half was a poor showing from both sides, you dominated the 2nd half. It might have been a different game had Tudgay not missed that open goal. Maguire was excellent at the back and after going 2-0 up you looked very convincing.

Not hard to see how you've gone 9 games without dropping a point (and kept 7 clean sheets). I'll be fully supporting you in the final and your chances of winning it have gone up slightly seeing as Wigan are doing a job on city!
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Villa fan who saw you outplay us in the third round, I have nothing but respect for the way you've gone so far in the tournament. It puts our manager's "the league is the priority, the Cup is a distraction" remarks into perspective given Sheffield United (and Wigan for that matter) both play 8 league games more and yet have done so well. Both have also seen an improvement in league form along the way...just proves it CAN be done if the commitment and hunger is there.

Good luck for the semi final.:)
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    As a Villa fan who saw you outplay us in the third round, I have nothing but respect for the way you've gone so far in the tournament. It puts our manager's "the league is the priority, the Cup is a distraction" remarks into perspective

Looking at the semi finals I'd be so pissed off if I was a fan of Villa, Southampton or Newcastle. There was a chance of at least a cup final going begging and every chance of winning the whole thing. I simply cannot understand why these teams in particular didn't give it a real good go.
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the fans of Prem sides who put out weak sides will surely be looking at Sheff Utd and Wigan now and realizing that success in one competition doesn't mean disaster in another. The cup runs for both have coincided with incredible league form and both have much smaller squads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Looking at the semi finals I'd be so pissed off if I was a fan of Villa, Southampton or Newcastle. There was a chance of at least a cup final going begging and every chance of winning the whole thing. I simply cannot understand why these teams in particular didn't give it a real good go.

I really fancied Southampton to at least make the final this year, because their England players would be keen on the big occasion AND there was no real threat of relegation, or chance of the Champions League.

The season must be pretty boring for them now.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really fancied Southampton to at least make the final this year, because their England players would be keen on the big occasion AND there was no real threat of relegation, or chance of the Champions League.

The season must be pretty boring for them now.

Same here, then they decided to put out a weakened side at Sunderland and suffered the consequences. I could never quite fathom the thinking behind that.
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, if Sheffield Utd get to the final, they will get a Europa Cup place assuming Arsenal beat Wigan and finish in the top 4. Think it will be an Arsenal vs Hull final though.