Daybreak - New Look from Jan 3rd

Comments

• GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it strange how the same old names are banded about for hosting duties. I think ITV should do their job properly and search out new talent. Have a scout around the regions etc and bring something new to the table for a change. I can't believe that there is no undiscovered talent out there. Try local stations (TV and radio), Uni's .....
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anchor 1: Anyone but Kate Garraway
    Anchor 2: Anyone but Andrew Castle or Dan Lobb
    Sport: Dan Lobb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »
    Anchor 1: Anyone but Kate Garraway
    Anchor 2: Anyone but Andrew Castle or Dan Lobb
    Sport: Dan Lobb

You have to think who the viewers would want. Andrew and Dan are both popular. So is Kate!
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could the yellow change make TVAM reborn again as they had a little yellow in it. Maybe the same music.

They could remake this theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqv-ab9iH8w&feature=related
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been very little activity on this thread lately. Maybe, the last few viewers have given up watching
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is going on with the refresh of Daybreak? Is it going to happen or not? Will we keep the awful Kate & Dan? Or will there be new presenters? Anybody know of any solid reliable news?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much like Daybreak itself there is no credible news

There was some talk in the trade press of yet another re-launch in September - you don't re-launch programmes in the spring and summer when your viewers have better things to do than watch TV.
    Forum Member
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    So what is going on with the refresh of Daybreak? Is it going to happen or not? Will we keep the awful Kate & Dan? Or will there be new presenters? Anybody know of any solid reliable news?

Is it only me that has warmed to Kate and Dan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    Is it only me that has warmed to Kate and Dan?

Yep, Only you haha. But what news is there about Daybreak? I guess people are just making it up as they go along. Any news at all, so I don't have to see muppets (Kate & Dan) present!
    Forum Member
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Yep, Only you haha. But what news is there about Daybreak? I guess people are just making it up as they go along. Any news at all, so I don't have to see muppets (Kate & Dan) present!

Last I heard they were trying to convince Lorraine to take the main gig but she wasn't having any of it. There back up plan was Kate, yes Kate Garraway. If Kate would stop interupting guest she would be fine!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela Rippon was reviewing the papers today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the woman who reads the news on Daybreak - she is so cold and emotionless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard they were trying to convince Lorraine to take the main gig but she wasn't having any of it. There back up plan was Kate, yes Kate Garraway. If Kate would stop interupting guest she would be fine![/QUOTE]

I don't think that she can stop!!!!
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    Last I heard they were trying to convince Lorraine to take the main gig but she wasn't having any of it. There back up plan was Kate, yes Kate Garraway. If Kate would stop interupting guest she would be fine![/QUOTE]

I don't think that she can stop!!!!

Maybe not, but if they tell her she will only stay on if she stop all the interrupting, I think she will give it a go.

Do you not think Kate minus the Interrupting (Shes becoming ITV's Kay Burley ;)) is a good presenter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »

Maybe not, but if they tell her she will only stay on if she stop all the interrupting, I think she will give it a go.

Do you not think Kate minus the Interrupting (Shes becoming ITV's Kay Burley ;)) is a good presenter?

No, it is not just the interrupting, it is the patronising attitude as well. Anyway, what makes a good presenter, they all present differently, and every presenter seems to annoy people on the digital spy forum. I guess people, including myself, like to criticise
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A subtle change as Katy Fawcett formerly of ITV Central News made her debut on Daybreak yesterday as their new North of England correspondent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to think who the viewers would want. Andrew and Dan are both popular. So is Kate!

No they're not. That (together with the 90s format) is why nobody watches.

ITV needs to scrap this tired format, not re-hash it like it did with Daybreak. Think outside the box like C4 did all those years ago.

I'm not suggesting resurrecting the Big Breakfast, just pleading for some originality.

Who in 2012 wants to start their day with endless ITV self-promotion features and spend a pound to enter a competition where the question is "What's 1+1, is it a) 2?, b) helicopter?, or c) pineapple? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    MostynDS wrote: »
    No they're not. That (together with the 90s format) is why nobody watches.

ITV needs to scrap this tired format, not re-hash it like it did with Daybreak. Think outside the box like C4 did all those years ago.

I'm not suggesting resurrecting the Big Breakfast, just pleading for some originality.

Who in 2012 wants to start their day with endless ITV self-promotion features and spend a pound to enter a competition where the question is "What's 1+1, is it a) 2?, b) helicopter?, or c) pineapple? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Lorraine will be hosting with someone in a few weeks/months. DAYBREAK gets more viewers than Lorraine from 7:30 until 8:30 so why replace Kate and Dan with a presenter who has had her tenure on breakfast tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately Lorraine will be hosting with someone in a few weeks/months. DAYBREAK gets more viewers than Lorraine from 7:30 until 8:30 so why replace Kate and Dan with a presenter who has had her tenure on breakfast tv

From 7am if you believe what is written in the Mirror. Looks like from 6am it be News Hour? So GMTV will return. I wonder what happens when Lorraine takes the summer break? So seems ITV might dump Lorraine at 8.30am at a later stage,. She might have entered into something which isn't good idea. Only if it's true.
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    From 7am if you believe what is written in the Mirror. Looks like from 6am it be News Hour? So GMTV will return. I wonder what happens when Lorraine takes the summer break? So seems ITV might dump Lorraine at 8.30am at a later stage,. She might have entered into something which isn't good idea. Only if it's true.

What i'm saying is Daybreak from 7:30 to 8:30 gets better ratings than Lorraine - the program!
    Forum Member
    Cross Channel on TVF has informed that Daybreak will move to Studio 3, but hasn't confirmed Lorraine Kelly hosting it, YET
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cross Channel on TVF has informed that Daybreak will move to Studio 3, but hasn't confirmed Lorraine Kelly hosting it, YET

Is that the old GMTV studio, where GMTV used to come from, Or a different studio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BUMP! Anybody want to answer my question please? lol

Just curious as to what studio 3 is? Is it the old GMTV studio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Studio 3 is the home of Loose Women, Lorraine, and some ITV sports programmes.
    No confirmation yet Lorraine is taking over Daybreak ?