fed up of being single

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always find company in the red light districts.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I was single for three years (deliberately as noit to confuse my child)

my OH came out of nowhere and in a way I wouldnt expect, but I wasnt looking

If I was you just aim to have a good social life and make friends - love happens when you arent looking and when you actively look you are more likely to settle for someone who isnt right for you just to have someone, which leads to further unhappiness down the line
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Im single and lonely too :(

Wanna exchange pms? ;)

Seriously I have a friend called Joanne who would be right up your street:D
  • J4ckieBr0wnJ4ckieBr0wn Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alamac wrote: »
    listen mate. Three things to get a girl

1. Stay hygenic

2. Go out and meet people, hobby, join a club.

3. Never go looking, it will always find you when least expect it.

^^ This is very good advice. No good faffing around on dating sites, playing online games etc. just get out there. Book yourself an adventure holiday where you will meet a bunch of people around the same age as you. Do something positive like joining a local group doing something that interests you. You get a head start that way as all involved will have at least one thing in common with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Can we reach 5?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Can we reach 5?

I think we can;)

The question is can we reach 6?
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I definitely think we can definitely reach 5. In fact, I have a feeling that this thread won't be locked, but will die a natural death.

In the past, I think Bob's threads have been locked because we've all gone off topic, but the replies in this thread seem quite tame and on topic, and nowhere near as funny as usual. That's why I think it will hang around for a little while. Does this mean that Bob's threads are losing their appeal? :eek:

Personally, I think he should get together with yappy - a match made in heaven :D
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I had a word with Geraldine and even she's not interested mate. Sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not give Crazychris12 a ring and arrange a night out? I am sure you will strike it lucky...:D
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    What actually is wrong with 'desperate and needy' guys? Whilst they may not be every girls first choice, they would at least be ready to put some effort in and not just want a quick grope. I would not disregard a desperate and needy woman - she may just need some good company and fun to come around. Just maybe.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you be interested in meeting a young Filipino lady around your age in this country Rob as I may be able to arrange a blind date for you? She's looking for a nice kind good looking confident English-man with a job. She's a nurse here. Why not Google and Wiki and read all about the Philippines so you're prepared? They're nice girls, very faithful and loving and great cooks too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you be interested in meeting a young Filipino lady around your age in this country Rob as I may be able to arrange a blind date for you? Why not Google and Wiki and read all about the Philippines so you're prepared? They're nice girls, very faithful and loving and great cooks too.

You have spent years telling us that your wife from the Philippines is none of these things!!!!!!! :rolleyes: You said she hates you and has a lover.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have spent years telling us that your wife from the Philippines is none of these things!!!!!!! :rolleyes: You said she hates you and has a lover.

Well she's very unusual. 999 out of 1000 are as I've described them to Rob. He surely couldn't be as unlucky as me! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she's very unusual. 999 out of 1000 are as I've described them to Rob. He surely couldn't be as unlucky as me! :rolleyes:

Errrrr...This is rob we are talking about chris.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say become a lighthouse keeper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't there any nice check-out girls in your Asda Rob?

Oh forgot, Rob won't be back in the thread again.:rolleyes:
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did i know this would be a robert thread? :eek:
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    *buckled* :D
  • 5340robert5340robert Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This is very good advice. No good faffing around on dating sites, playing online games etc. just get out there. Book yourself an adventure holiday where you will meet a bunch of people around the same age as you. Do something positive like joining a local group doing something that interests you. You get a head start that way as all involved will have at least one thing in common with you.

Do single people go on adventure holidays.
    Soundbox wrote: »
    What actually is wrong with 'desperate and needy' guys? Whilst they may not be every girls first choice, they would at least be ready to put some effort in and not just want a quick grope. I would not disregard a desperate and needy woman - she may just need some good company and fun to come around. Just maybe.

Good post.
    Aren't there any nice check-out girls in your Asda Rob?

Oh forgot, Rob won't be back in the thread again.:rolleyes:

Yes but there all in a relationship or married.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Join the Plus group (formerly known as 18 Plus). I did 30 years ago and made loads of friends and had a great time going out socially.

I don't think the York one is still in existance now, according to the website the nearest meet is in Bradford now.....only an hour away by train from York.

These groups are for people in your situation....give it a go...

http://www.plusgroups.org.uk/plus/

Just found this as well.....you have no excuse now...do something instead of just wallowing in your own self pity on these boards....

http://www.spiceyorks.com/home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mc wrote: »
    Join the Plus group (formerly known as 18 Plus). I did 30 years ago and made loads of friends and had a great time going out socially.

I don't think the York one is still in existance now, according to the website the nearest meet is in Bradford now.....only an hour away by train from York.

These groups are for people in your situation....give it a go...

http://www.plusgroups.org.uk/plus/

Just found this as well.....you have no excuse now...do something instead of just wallowing in your own self pity on these boards....

http://www.spiceyorks.com/home

spice looks cool but im not looking to sky dive, everyone else just manages to get a relationship with the click of fingers i want that.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    5340robert wrote: »
    spice looks cool but im not looking to sky dive, everyone else just manages to get a relationship with the click of fingers i want that.

they dont.

well - if you cant be bothered to make the effort you obviously dont want it that much, you just want to whinge about not having it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    they dont.

well - if you cant be bothered to make the effort you obviously dont want it that much, you just want to whinge about not having it

it does, or their parents set them up, they have known each other since childhood, etc

Also girls in york only like guys from york, there abit stuck up.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5340robert wrote: »
    Literally everyone i know is in a relationship or married. Your looked on more favorably if your in a relationship too.

Not all happily:cry: I can't afford to leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    Not all happily:cry: I can't afford to leave.

i`m confused.
This discussion has been closed.