Options

Embarrassing Ringtones.....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Me too, mine plays Paradise City (Gn'R) and it's not a ringtone, it's the actual track. I love receiving all the nuisance calls because I can just listen to the music :D

I don't think it's embarassing at all - however, my OH finds it terribly embarassing because he hates Guns n'Roses, he likes Ken Boothe.....................:o

I would have thought sweet child of mine would have made a better ring tone.
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »

Maybe but it's one of my least favourite Gn'R tracks (I know, I'm strange!) I tried Jungle because I love the intro but it didn't really work. So Paradise it is, I LOVE that song :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe but it's one of my least favourite Gn'R tracks (I know, I'm strange!) I tried Jungle because I love the intro but it didn't really work. So Paradise it is, I LOVE that song :)

but the geetar intro is just made for a ringtone.. :)
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but the geetar intro is just made for a ringtone.. :)

I think that's the trouble, it's almost too perfect!!

I like my text alert as well, it's The Chain (BBC F1 bit) - I like getting texts too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I have 'beautiful day' by U2 and its now getting on my nerves but I can't work out how to change it.

do you want one of the pc going on your mobile ? Bluetooth it one ( if you have b'tooth)
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to just have my iphone4 in vibrate only mode but I would never feel it. I have it in a leather case to protect it and you can hardly feel the vibration at all unless you are actually holding it. There is no way to make the vibrate mode stronger either.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is the "one missed call" tune. Not so bad but I forgot to switch my phone off at the cemetery.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    Ringtone is the closing credits theme tune to Blackadder III. Text alert is Toy Story aliens.
  • Options
    BRGBRG Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son was grading for a belt in karate today and in the hushed silence someone's phone burst in to life with Carl Douglas's 'Kung Fu Fighting' which was as funny as it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ring tone is currently Jingle Bells (ok, I know but it's Christmas) and my text alert is na, na, na, na, na I've got a text.

My husband's ring tone when I ring him is warning it's the wife ~ cheeky bugger!
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What can I say, I love Meerkats so have a themed message tone. My current ring tone is Pink Panther, perhaps I should grow up.
  • Options
    scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner has an annoying habit of changing my ringtone went red at kids xmas play thursday. Got some random ring me and it was a mash up of timmy from south park and eminems my name is.! The message tones not to bad because its the tardis,i get looks for that like people actually think its going to materialize.:-D
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i have madonnas give me all your luv
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's the trouble, it's almost too perfect!!

I like my text alert as well, it's The Chain (BBC F1 bit) - I like getting texts too :)

Marry me, now.
    The Chain :) I am both a Fleetwood Mac and F1 fan.
  • Options
    Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member

I have that one for my son, oh the irony! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every christmas I use Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey as my ringtone,i love it.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I used to have Anarchy In The UK, nearly gave some poor old girl a heart attack in the post office queue one day :eek::D:o
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some are very embarrassing, not to say totally naff.

MInd you, my blackberry ring tone only rings twice before going to "missed call", so I have to be quick. No idea how to make it ring for longer.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son once changed the ringtone on his dad's work's phone to YMCA - Mr dolphin is a bit of a technophobe so had to live with it all day until my son could change it back.;)
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ringtone is currently Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) just because I love the intro to that song. Before that it was the chorus to "Runaways" by The Killers.

My message tone is from the tv show Supernatural, Dean Winchester doing his best "Son of A Bitch!!!" It's got a few funny looks for sure, especially when I'm on the train :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my phone just rang and its wicked hearing it ring..i changed it from TNT to Back in black ( ac/dc)..so mines not embarrassing but cool :D
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    My ring tone is Machine Gun by The Commodores, I love that song and the actual track works really well as a ringtone. My message tone is sleigh bells at the moment.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ringtone is The Sisters of Mercy 'Dominion' but my fellow manager insists that it is The Cult every time it plays so might change it to something really obnoxious to annoy him ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have a text tone of smashing glass and it just went off..i jumped outta my skin :D
  • Options
    jellybabie68jellybabie68 Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    My son once changed the ringtone on his dad's work's phone to YMCA - Mr dolphin is a bit of a technophobe so had to live with it all day until my son could change it back.;)

I have YMCA as my ringtone :o. I had the whole lift (glass) in my local shopping centre doing the moves once :)