Ebay Query

JinnyJinxedJinnyJinxed Posts: 878
Forum Member
✭✭
Friend in London sold an item on Ebay. She said 'collection only' on the advert, but the buyer insisted on collection and paid for it to be sent, to Antrim in Ireland. This item is not uncommon, so I find it a little odd personally, but maybe I'm cynical.

My friend has been waiting 3 days for the courier company to come, and they claim they've been, but they haven't. She has a dog that barks his head off as soon as the door goes, and she has a tiny one bed house, so she has definitely not missed the courier. The buyer is being shirty, and saying she has been avoiding the courier, but she's even tried emailing the courier herself, but had no response from them.

The courier comes between 8am and 5pm, and she's just emailed the seller again to ask for advice as she's still had no callers and this is apparently the last day to attempt collection.

She can't refund the buyer at the moment, as the cash was needed for an emergency, and she wonders what happens in situations like this should the buyer insist that he sent the courier. Its a heavy and bulky item and she can't afford to send it herself now.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friend in London sold an item on Ebay. She said 'collection only' on the advert, but the buyer insisted on collection and paid for it to be sent, to Antrim in Ireland. This item is not uncommon, so I find it a little odd personally, but maybe I'm cynical.

My friend has been waiting 3 days for the courier company to come, and they claim they've been, but they haven't. She has a dog that barks his head off as soon as the door goes, and she has a tiny one bed house, so she has definitely not missed the courier. The buyer is being shirty, and saying she has been avoiding the courier, but she's even tried emailing the courier herself, but had no response from them.

The courier comes between 8am and 5pm, and she's just emailed the seller again to ask for advice as she's still had no callers and this is apparently the last day to attempt collection.

She can't refund the buyer at the moment, as the cash was needed for an emergency, and she wonders what happens in situations like this should the buyer insist that he sent the courier. Its a heavy and bulky item and she can't afford to send it herself now.

Any suggestions?

Refund asap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Any suggestions?
    Do a Moonlight flit? she will have to send it or refund
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will have to refund if the last day to collect was today, then relist. If the buyer still wants the item, tell her to tell them to tell the couriers to give her a ring before they come to collect (mobile number) it is unrealistic to expect anyone to wait in endlessly in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did your friend agree to have it picked up with collection only. I wouldn't have agreed to the sale on that basis.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who actually paid the courier? It is a scam to overpay for something and ask the seller to pay to courier that overpayment where there isn't actually a courier and they then get a full refund from Paypal, leaving the seller out of pocket, or the original payment was fraudulent and will be refunded anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zz9 wrote: »
    Who actually paid the courier? It is a scam to overpay for something and ask the seller to pay to courier that overpayment where there isn't actually a courier and they then get a full refund from Paypal, leaving the seller out of pocket, or the original payment was fraudulent and will be refunded anyway.

They didn't realise they could claim against the seller. It's collection only and that's what they should have done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Steak wrote: »
    She will have to refund if the last day to collect was today, then relist. If the buyer still wants the item, tell her to tell them to tell the couriers to give her a ring before they come to collect (mobile number) it is unrealistic to expect anyone to wait in endlessly in my opinion.

It was collection only, it's up to the buyer to arrange it and has nothing to do with the seller.