Options

Wind Waker HD Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pre-ordered my Wind Waker Wii U console bundle (pre-order at Game).

Will be interesting to see how it compares as I still play the original via my Wii
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omipalone wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered my Wind Waker Wii U console bundle (pre-order at Game).

Will be interesting to see how it compares as I still play the original via my Wii

:cool::cool::cool: ... Looking forward 2 exchanging NintendoID gamertags! :D
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    :cool::cool::cool: ... Looking forward 2 exchanging NintendoID gamertags! :D

Was going to drop you a PM when it arrived but clearly great minds think alike :D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering cancelling my limited edition Wind Waker :( Not really a huge Zelda fan, thought I'd give it a go. But I also want GTA V and with Pokemon the following week... not gonna have time to play them all anyway.

AHHHHHH....... decisions, decisions :(!
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Well, I've just pre-ordered my 'The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Premium pack' - this is the version that contains a wii U console ;) with a voucher to download the game.

I have to get it. Games like these are what makes consoles. If I wanted generic 3rd party stuff, i'd buy a top PC!
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just pre ordered from Zavvi the game got a 10% off code from them so got £4 odd off the price down to £34 one week to go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just pre ordered from Zavvi the game got a 10% off code from them so got £4 odd off the price down to £34 one week to go

Yep! It's costing my bird £44.99 from amazon ... Not a bad birthday present! :D

(Might add a fiver & download via eshop ... Ain't decided yet) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    Well, I've just pre-ordered my 'The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Premium pack' - this is the version that contains a wii U console ;) with a voucher to download the game.

I have to get it. Games like these are what makes consoles. If I wanted generic 3rd party stuff, i'd buy a top PC!

Don't forget 2 give us ya NintendoID .... US WiiU owners gotta stick together!!! lol ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not long now guyz!!! /excited :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the best retail place to buy this, I'll need to trade in games to buy it

So i'm torn between £42 in grainger games

or

£45 in game, but they'll likely offer better trade it for my games

Is there any other stores i should consider?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Don't forget 2 give us ya NintendoID .... US WiiU owners gotta stick together!!! lol ;)

we have
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £249 for the Wind Waker 32gb bundle. I'd really like to support Nintendo since they seem to be struggling but unfortunately i need to justify buying a console. Is there anything currently or in the pipeline that is worthy of purchase? I loved Mario Galaxy but it's my understanding that the next big Mario release will be a side scrolling game? If that is true it really makes me question what they're doing and if it's for me. Help!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downloaded via eshop last night!!! fantastic game!!! ... £250 for the zelda bundle is a steal imo!!! ... still believe the WiiU is gonna be a success!!! AAA titles like this will guarantee it!!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    £249 for the Wind Waker 32gb bundle. I'd really like to support Nintendo since they seem to be struggling but unfortunately i need to justify buying a console. Is there anything currently or in the pipeline that is worthy of purchase? I loved Mario Galaxy but it's my understanding that the next big Mario release will be a side scrolling game? If that is true it really makes me question what they're doing and if it's for me. Help!

Next Mario Game is 3D World; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKWKDDDFdc

Then you have Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Wii Fit U, Mario Kart 8, SSBU. Really people say that Nintendo's coming months is strong - and it is - however, my main worry is after MK8 and SSBU is out of the way, that we'll go through another dry patch (as then we only have X and Bayonetta confirmed for 2014, I believe?).

If I didn't already have a U, I'd probably wait a few more months.

My copy *still* hasn't arrived! It was posted Wednesday :(!
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered my copy from ShopTo.net and it hasn't arrived yet which is not normal for them. I preordered it ages ago and it was dispatched yesterday before lunch time via 'First Class' and the post man has been and gone today and nothing... :(
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Really hoping this will be on my door mat when I get home. I hope game have packaged it sensibly so it will go through my letter box otherwise I'll have to wait a week to get it redelivered :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game tried to rip off me the cheeky bastards

It had 41.99 on the cases, they charged me £45, luckily i noticed as soon as i'd left (i was trading in games so didn't notice instantly)

Guy at the till claimed, oh they lowered the price and haven't change the till yet, yeah right i'm wondering how many people notice or didn't know about the price change they actually got away with ripping off

Also i asked them to beat Cex on trade in and i worked it out when out got home, with the game costing £12 after the trade-ins, it stands to reason they only offered me £30 trade-in on the games, when Cex where offering £31 to begin with
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

It had 41.99 on the cases, they charged me £45, luckily i noticed as soon as i'd left (i was trading in games so didn't notice instantly)

Guy at the till claimed, oh they lowered the price and haven't change the till yet, yeah right i'm wondering how many people notice or didn't know about the price change they actually got away with ripping off

Also i asked them to beat Cex on trade in and i worked it out when out got home, with the game costing £12 after the trade-ins, it stands to reason they only offered me £30 trade-in on the games, when Cex where offering £31 to begin with

Game are clueless.

which store did you have the misfortune of visiting?
  • Options
    simasima Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

against the law to advertise something in a shop window and try & charge more in shop.

getting my copy later today, not that I can play it, as got 3 footy matches to watch :D:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, just wow
  • Options
    DarkmarsupialDarkmarsupial Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    sima wrote: »
    against the law to advertise something in a shop window and try & charge more in shop.

No it isn't, it's an invitation to treat, which means they're inviting you to make the offer.

But on to Zelda, and loving the messages in bottles; some of the photos and messages people are leaving behind are superb. And the whole game seems so fresh, it's like playing a brand, new Zelda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't, it's an invitation to treat, which means they're inviting you to make the offer.

But on to Zelda, and loving the messages in bottles; some of the photos and messages people are leaving behind are superb. And the whole game seems so fresh, it's like playing a brand, new Zelda.

I really don't see the point of the messages in a bottle, since they're all posted on Miiverse anyway... It adds literally nothing to the game - you may as well just press the home button and press miiverse. Same effect, although arguably more convinient.

My first real Zelda game (I own both Skyward Sword, but the Wii controls *suck* and Ocarina of Time 3D - but I never got around to playing it), and I'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I really don't see the point of the messages in a bottle, since they're all posted on Miiverse anyway... It adds literally nothing to the game - you may as well just press the home button and press miiverse. Same effect, although arguably more convinient.

My first real Zelda game (I own both Skyward Sword, but the Wii controls *suck* and Ocarina of Time 3D - but I never got around to playing it), and I'm enjoying it.

i remember buying it first time round back in 2003....:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw a WWHD and Wii U advert on ITV! Nintendo, advertising?!?! shocked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    every Wii U owner should be playing this tonight, its bloody fantastic