What is the retirement age for Night Clubbing?

Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
Forum Member
A friend of mine told me he got turned away from a club, with the Door men saying he was not the right age for the crowd. He is 41 and that he could try the pubs and bars.

Poor guy still in shock :p

Comments

• tvdtvd Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I think someone of that age should be long since past nightclubs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    19 and a half. Anyone over that is just geriatric.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My issue these days isn't my age - it's the distinct lack of Knights around to club to begin with
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    tvd wrote: »
    To be fair, I think someone of that age should be long since past nightclubs.

Disagree!

It would be an issue if he did it so often but it's very occasional. I would like to go once in a while at that age.

Who says people should stop enjoying dancing after a certain age?
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid night club if you ask me .. as a general rule, more mature (older) people not only have more disposable income than those in their late teens and early 20's but are less likely to cause trouble by being drunk + disorderly or off their heads on substances not purchased legally from the club.

Having worked in pubs + clubs for many years, I always found the best places were the ones who didn't have such an ageist policy and whose clientele covered a massive age range.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I retired at 32 or 33. There were still people older than me going then but I did think they looked a bit out of place.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clubbing is the worst activity a person can do.

Shite music
    Crammed like sardines
    Dirty toilets
    Vodka soaked bar

I would rather take a crowbar up my arse.
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isnt one if you are cool. 25 if you are not cool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isnt one if you are cool. 25 if you are not cool.

If you are cool, you never start nightclubbing.
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Depends on the type of nightclub.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing then more sad then seeing a old bloke in a nightclub .. leering at young women
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only people who can't dance say that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

I would rather take a crowbar up my arse.

There's clubs which cater for that too.

I stopped clubbing in my late 20's when I realised I was one of the oldest people there.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last time I went 'seriously' I was about 28.

More recently I went along to a friends 35th birthday celebration and she wanted to go to a club. We went and ended up sat there looking at each other for a while, said what the hell are we doing here, and went home again.

Would rather do movies, live music, theatre, or eating out instead - even staying in with a take away and dvd is my preference these days.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where I live, people of all ages go clubbing. From the youngsters right up to a few pensioners (my Grandad is one of them! :eek: :o).

But everyone knows their place - the youngsters go to certain clubs, and other clubs tend to have slightly older people going in them. There's enough to cater for everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    Only people who can't dance say that.

Or people with good taste :p
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or people with good taste :p

Yeah yeah, I bet you like to put Simply Red on the jukebox down the working men's club :p
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got bored of it before I was 18.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the club there are loads of clubs in Liverpool particularly on Matthew Street packed full of older people.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine told me he got turned away from a club, with the Door men saying he was not the right age for the crowd. He is 41 and that he could try the pubs and bars.

Was he wearing a trilby and a wolfish grin?
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I retired at 32 or 33. There were still people older than me going then but I did think they looked a bit out of place.

You do know there are clubs where oldies go. Ever heard of Reflex Club? They seem to be in the major cities.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah yeah, I bet you like to put Simply Red on the jukebox down the working men's club :p

This made me genuinely LOL :D
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    There are clubs for specific genres (like rare groove ;)) which you can go to; those places will generally have patrons who are 35 plus. Not sure about more popular music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing wrong with Simply Red :cool: :D:o:p