Why is Amanda Holden still there? SERIOUSLY?

d56d56 Posts: 5,471
Forum Member
So many judges on these shows have been 100x better than her, better careers, more attractive etc and they've come and gone. Dannii, Nicole, Paula, Kelly Rowland etc to name a few.

I find her fake and she has a terrible reputation for being ruthlessly ambitious and every single year I kind of dread it because there she is sat there, year after year, so smug that she's still on the show. In the press again atm "OUR show is soooo much better than X Factor" blah blah blah. Does she actually think she is a key part of it all? She offers NOTHING as a judge. She isn't witty, she isn't intelligent, she isn't likeable. It's a shame too because David, Alesha and Simon are brilliant on the show imo.

Literally the only talent she has, that I can think of, is using Les Dennis as a stepping stone. Absolutely cannot stand the woman.

What has she got on Cowell? There must be something...

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a part of the furniture now. She is to BGT, what Louis Walsh is to X Factor.

She isn't insightful, entertaining or even tolerable. But she's Cowell's mate, so she'll be there for as long as she wants to be there.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    She's a part of the furniture now. She is to BGT, what Louis Walsh is to X Factor.

She isn't insightful, entertaining or even tolerable. But she's Cowell's mate, so she'll be there for as long as she wants to be there.

It's so depressing to even think that...
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like her on BGT tbh. I think she gets a raw deal.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    She is kinda like what Louis is to X Factor part of the furniture .
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she provided the much needed continuity when Simon and a Piers left, but I don't get it either, and I've always got the impression Simon doesn't really like her very much.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Amanda
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, and she looks great.
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :0 I like Amanda to
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    I like Amanda to

So do I. It's nice to have a normal judge.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

I don't get the impression they are mates, certainly not in the same way as Simon and Louis Walsh are, which is how Louis keeps his job year after year. I don't mind Amanda (there could be a lot more annoying judges than her) but I am quite surprised that Simon hasn't offed her for someone a bit more 'current' by now.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Amanda
    SULLA wrote: »
    So do I. It's nice to have a normal judge.

Agreed, think she is good and hot!
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    So many judges on these shows have been 100x better than her, better careers, more attractive etc and they've come and gone. Dannii, Nicole, Paula, Kelly Rowland etc to name a few.

I find her fake and she has a terrible reputation for being ruthlessly ambitious and every single year I kind of dread it because there she is sat there, year after year, so smug that she's still on the show. In the press again atm "OUR show is soooo much better than X Factor" blah blah blah. Does she actually think she is a key part of it all? She offers NOTHING as a judge. She isn't witty, she isn't intelligent, she isn't likeable. It's a shame too because David, Alesha and Simon are brilliant on the show imo.

Literally the only talent she has, that I can think of, is using Les Dennis as a stepping stone. Absolutely cannot stand the woman.

She is there for the same reason Louis Walsh is on The X Factor she is the only judge that has been on every series and before you say it Simon Cowell does not count because he was not present for any auditions in 2011.

To be honest I think we have reached BGT's peak panel basically the equivalent to The X Factors Louis, Dannii, Cheryl, Simon and The Voice's Will, Kylie, Tom, Ricky. These are panels where everything clicked and peak ratings were achieved. This is Britain Got Talent's version.

Wonder how World's Got Talent is going to work once it finally happens, it is currently postponed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Amanda, annoying at times, but I think she works well on the show
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    She is there for the same reason Louis Walsh is on The X Factor she is the only judge that has been on every series and before you say it Simon Cowell does not count because he was not present for any auditions in 2011.

Wonder how World's Got Talent is going to work once it finally happens, it is currently postponed.

Kinda .. there is always one judge that "runs" the panel. In BGT its her, in XF its Louis. It's how they can bring in and out new judges each year or when they choose - there is someone sitting there next to them who can pull it all together whilst live on air without a producer needing to jump in if they forgot something.

Worlds Got Talent - seriously doubt that will ever happen. They are more focused on new ideas for the coming years.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    I quite like her on BGT tbh. I think she gets a raw deal.
    I love Amanda

I do as well plus i think the way she handled herself after the death of her child was classy and admirable she gained a lot of love from that very sad part of her life and rightly so. I like her and i do think she is quite witty and shes not scared of saying what she thinks and standing up to Simon. I like alesha as well but not as much as i like amanda.
    Forum Member
    Kinda .. there is always one judge that "runs" the panel. In BGT its her, in XF its Louis. It's how they can bring in and out new judges each year or when they choose - there is someone sitting there next to them who can pull it all together whilst live on air without a producer needing to jump in if they forgot something.

Worlds Got Talent - seriously doubt that will ever happen. They are more focused on new ideas for the coming years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Got_Talent

It's already been commisioned for 2014 but will only involve 25 formats whereas there are over 50 in the Got Talent series (It's the most adapted talent format ever).

Hosted by:

Ant & Dec
    Nick Cannon

Judges:

Simon Cowell
    Amanda Holden
    Heidi Klum
    Howard Stern
    Timomatic
    Kyle Sandilands
    Cris Judd
    Martin Short

Apparently they are the cream of the judges crop.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worlds Got Talent sounds awful. I really hope they never make it!
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she knows its the best job she's ever going to get, and has held onto it with both hands.

Either that or she's got some photos of Cowell shafting Louis Walsh.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Got_Talent

It's already been commisioned for 2014 but will only involve 25 formats whereas there are over 50 in the Got Talent series (It's the most adapted talent format ever).

Hosted by:

Ant & Dec
    Nick Cannon

Judges:

Simon Cowell
    Amanda Holden
    Heidi Klum
    Howard Stern
    Timomatic
    Kyle Sandilands
    Cris Judd
    Martin Short

Apparently they are the cream of the judges crop.

Australia's Got Talent just got axed, doubt the judges there will be involved
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kGxN4WnAKk

4:35 of this vid put me off Amanda - I just think Alesha is much friendlier!
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Australia's Got Talent just got axed, doubt the judges there will be involved

Easy change there is 58 versions and this one will only be including 25 versions.
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does get emotional quite easily I have noticed.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »

She looks bladdy gorgeous tonight , I love the swept back hair style on women :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks scary tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »
    She looks scary tonight.

How much surgery has she had?