Holiday Showdown: Extreme

13»

Comments

• sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is 8 in the current series of Holiday Showdown so there's another 6 still to be broadcast.

I really hate it when ITV does something like this. And then they wonder why the ratings are down? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • richy23richy23 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I loved that show!...no more?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I have watched all the series and I can only remember one programme where the two families actually ENJOYED AND TOOK PART in the other's choices of holiday destinations and played the game........this was the family that went on a jolly on a London double decker bus and ended up at a hippy camp.....

That was a nice happy programme with only a few arguements!

I too love this programme.

I remember the episode you're talking about, weedledeedle. ITV must really have hated that one!! :eek: Since the sole object of this show is to take two sets of people as far apart on both the social and intellectual scale as possible and pit them against each-other to watch the fur fly, the fact that these two families overcame both their differences and their prejudices enough to throw themselves into each-other's acrtivities with enthusiasm and increasing enjoyment must have caused weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on a grand scale at ITV Central!:p
  • Leighton DanLeighton Dan Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any ideas when this is comign back anyone ?
    I see the repeats on ITV2 on saturdays are finished:(
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two already been shown in 2007, ITV are actually planning to show two more out of the six part series believe it or not!

http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/HolidayShowdown/Ep1Wk20/default.html

"Holiday Showdown, the BAFTA-nominated and Royal Television Society award-winning hit show, returns to ITV1 this May with two episodes featuring four more explosive and emotional holidays."
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yippee... I love that programme. I loved the dad iwith the moustache in the extreme episode. The Disney family were really horrible and spiteful bullies.
    I found the dad with the moustache really funny, he made me laugh with his army way of talking when he was reading the disney map.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    ITV do some bonkers things, bringing back an old show for 2 episodes?

always wondered why they stopped doing it though, as I thought it could at least have been a good show for ITV2 if not ITV1 itself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I used to love this show cant wait to see 2 more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the new episodes begin this coming Tuesday, yet according the Radio Times it's 1/6 but no more appear to be scheduled after next the second one.
    Hmmm....weird!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised no one's commented on tonight's show. Was quite refreshing to see no arguments for a change.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I saw tonights episode on ITV2 a few Saturday's back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I liked last nights episode wh a great 1 for no arguements for a change and both familys seemed to depart as friends. I wonder if the family ever did go back to India liked they said they were going to
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwscott wrote: »
    I liked last nights episode wh a great 1 for no arguements for a change and both familys seemed to depart as friends. I wonder if the family ever did go back to India liked they said they were going to

The tickets the Dad waved up were probably for an all inclusive to Majorca!
  • samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show!
    It always irritates me how negative they are on the first day without giving it a chance.
    Catching up on last nights show now
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about this night, can't see it listed on ITV2 for a repeat either.
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good show, the last one was. The Welsh dad was slightly hypocritical; his holiday was hardly as mentally challenging as he would like to hope spending majority of the time travelling. He just seemed all too pompous as well. It was great to see the Foster parents enjoying their new experience.
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are these new episodes on right now? wikipedia says there repeats. Or is it just like the rest of the episodes from the abandoned 2007 series?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're new to ITV 1 but have possibly been aired on ITV2 before. Confusing I know! Tonight's copyright date was 2006, so who knows?

On the subject though, what was that family giving to the survival family that made them all giggly and stuff - surely it can't have been drugs?
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this on the ITV player, wouldn't mind watching it
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I think they have proved that they have beaten the old formulaic out-for-a-punchup approach. There could have been plenty of conflict but by selecting families capable of reason they've made a much more interesting show than just lining up two freakishly extreme uncompromising opposites, colliding them, and watching the fallout
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the survivalist lot were a bunch of nutters! :D [in the nicest way i mean!] but that's not a holiday!!:eek:
    i'm not a fan of places like lanzarote either but i bet you'd have more fun with jade and her family! [sorry i can't remember the surnames!] than the survival training family!

i liked the fact that the lanzarote family got their tent up first AND made a better job of it, well done, considering they'd not done it before!:p

i like a clean bed, decent shower and nice pool myself, and food i don't have to kill and skin!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    spoty wrote: »
    I had a complete turn around aswell. The wife of the Disney family turned into a witch. [I think she was a nasty drunk, could be wrong?]

The Winter dad was a pain, but I would sooner have him than the Disney woman. [only just, but she was scarey] :eek:

Whilst I can understand what you are saying the extreme sports dad was rather selfish and dogmatic in expecting them to rise at 6am!