omg are corrie copying EE???

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
i just read on the sun website that corrie are gonna do a peadaophile storyline with becky ?? apparently she was abused at 15... why are corrie doing a very similar storyline like EEs... this is what annoys me with corrie :rolleyes:

Comments

• Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    i just read on the sun website that corrie are gonna do a peadaophile storyline with becky ?? apparently she was abused at 15... why are corrie doing a very similar storyline like EEs... this is what annoys me with corrie :rolleyes:

Well, it's not exactly the same. It is just explaining the backstory really of when Becky was abused by a police officer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a paedophile storyline as such. Becky got arrested when she was 15 and the copper tried it on so she gave him a black eye. He comes back into her life when she's done for criminal damage - so I read.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    What annoys me about Corrie and EE is that they're still being broadcast.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you had bothered to do your research you would realise its completley different, its not remotley the same as EE's storyline at all:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    What annoys me about Corrie and EE is that they're still being broadcast.

And you're in the soap forum because...? :p
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    well its similar to EEs and its the same time that ee has there storyline but i think corrie will do it good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's event that similar. Wayward teen gets arrested...Copper trys his luck and gets a black eye for it. And he crops back up arresting her again. It's not an ongoing storyline like the EE one. Probably just a coincidence at that.
  • munchy_memunchy_me Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    If you had bothered to do your research you would realise its completley different, its not remotley the same as EE's storyline at all:rolleyes:

don't you think thats a bit harsh. Maybe SparkleBabe doesn't have the time to dedicate their time to indepth research on soap storylines. Hardly unforgiveable that someone would just state what they had read in a paper etc.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well its similar to EEs and its the same time that ee has there storyline but i think corrie will do it good

But its not similar. Its a character from Becky's past coming back. Its not an ongoing abuse storyline.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    At some point in time, ALL the soaps air the same kind of storylines. That's soap life! No one 'copies' anyone cos all storylines are worked out many months before they get to screen. It's pure coincidence if they happen on screen in the same year.

Anyway, this is totally different, as has been pointed out, the storylines are totally different, this happened to Becky about 10 years ago, and she wasn't abused, he just tried it on with her ...... but similarites will always happen in soaps cos there are only so many storylines they can all come up with! So I can never understand why people complain that one soap is 'copying' another when they aren't, the timing is just unfortunate sometimes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    munchy_me wrote: »
    don't you think thats a bit harsh. Maybe SparkleBabe doesn't have the time to dedicate their time to indepth research on soap storylines. Hardly unforgiveable that someone would just state what they had read in a paper etc.

Maybe she's just sick and tired of people mouthing off? If the person can put in the time to read the story and then come to an internet and create a thread about it, then they can spend a few extra minutes making sure they have their facts straight.

It's commonsense really, nothing else.
  • A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    At some point in time, ALL the soaps air the same kind of storylines. That's soap life! No one 'copies' anyone cos all storylines are worked out many months before they get to screen. It's pure coincidence if they happen on screen in the same year.

Agreed. Dot & Ethel/Audrey & Alma. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the whole story is a lead up to the truth about her and steve coming out.
    the copper recognises becky when he arrests her and wants to get his own back for her giving him he black eye so he makes up a criminal damage charge which was meant to take place when she was with steve. so she needs him to give her alibi......and the saga continues!

totally different story!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    A Cillay wrote: »
    Agreed. Dot & Ethel/Audrey & Alma. ;)
    How were those storylines similar? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether the story is similar or not is completely immaterial. The fact is that both stories will have been dreamt up months ago and neither soap would be aware of what the other one is doing.

I don't believe Corrie or Enders would ever intentionally copy each other as there would be little point in it and nothing to be gained.