I don't believe it!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have just got our post through at 3.45pm I knew royal mail were bad but I didn't think they were this bad I have never ever got post through this late.:eek: What is the latest you have got your post? I know I'm nosy aren't I:p

Comments

• carascaras Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours came at 1.45 today
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the postie's fault - it's his/her employers putting each postie on double/triple rounds, plus sorting the mail before they start out in the morning :( .

Having said that, my post always arrives fairly early in comparision, usually by 10/11am at the latest :) .
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had ours after 4pm once. Usually it's around 1pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does it matter what time it arrives?

as long as I get what I'm supposed to get I dont care what time they deliver.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about 11am for me, never get any post anyway :*(

lol
  • ShiftyDundeeShiftyDundee Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Sometime after 1pm. It's never there if I go home for lunch.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear it gets worse and worse. What if people are waiting for something important or something bulky that will not fit the letter box, and they need to get to work? Then you get the inconvenience of having to drive to a sorting office and stand in queaue to collect it:rolleyes:

The post always used to come as I was leaving for school when I was younger, nowadays your lucky if you receive it by lunchtime.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bigfeet wrote: »
    It's not the postie's fault - it's his/her employers putting each postie on double/triple rounds, plus sorting the mail before they start out in the morning :( .

Indeed - the whole country was up in arms when they had their last strike but this was exactly what they were striking against.

Reduced sorting facilities, meaning now posties have to sort a lot more of their own mail. Obviously this takes longer yet posties still have the same rounds, plus often more to do.

They are certainly not contracted to work until 4pm, meaning some poor sod has put in a good few hours overtime for no extra money, so you get your mail.

He could have always taken it back to his office you know, it would be well within his rights so don't be so quick to complain!
  • chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6pm did not think they worked that late
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote: »
    6pm did not think they worked that late

They don't, as I say some poor person has done a Hell of a lot of unpaid overtime to ensure you get your mail on that day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Over the last two weeks mine has gone from 12.30pm ish to 4pm then last week it was as late as 6.10pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sla_steve wrote: »
    what does it matter what time it arrives?

as long as I get what I'm supposed to get I dont care what time they deliver.

It doesn't matter what time it arrives I am just shocked cos I have never known it to arrive so late:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear it gets worse and worse. What if people are waiting for something important or something bulky that will not fit the letter box, and they need to get to work? Then you get the inconvenience of having to drive to a sorting office and stand in queaue to collect it:rolleyes:

The post always used to come as I was leaving for school when I was younger, nowadays your lucky if you receive it by lunchtime.

I work nights, so I'm in bed 'til 2pm, so I actually wouldn; mind the post coming later.

They should give us a choice, early or late delivery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 times now I've told users of DS when my post comes - and I refuse to do it again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ladyinblue wrote: »
    We have just got our post through at 3.45pm I knew royal mail were bad but I didn't think they were this bad I have never ever got post through this late.:eek: What is the latest you have got your post? I know I'm nosy aren't I:p

Oh thats regular around here, I often meet him coming home from work at 4pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 times now I've told users of DS when my post comes - and I refuse to do it again

Oh dear I'm sorry :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ours usually arrives around midday. I don't think it's ever arrived later than about 1pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MsMarmalade are you by any chance trying to say this thread has been done before? :eek:

No-one's forcing you to post, especially to say you have already answered OP's question 3 times before and will not do so again??? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsMarmalade are you by any chance trying to say this thread has been done before? :eek:

No-one's forcing you to post, especially to say you have already answered OP's question 3 times before and will not do so again??? :o

Nope - no-one forced me to post - I wanted too and I enjoyed it. Thanks for your concern though.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh the horror! It's your bloody stuff why shouldn't you stand in a queue for it? Im sure you can rearrange delivery anyway you don't have to collect it.

I never understood why postmen had to start work at ridiculous o'clock anyway. What does it matter what time post gets delivered?

Everyone can't have their post at 8.30, if you're that desperate to get your post, move to the start of a round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does it mean when you go and collect your post from the sorting office in the morning like you do everyday and they say they haven't sorted it because they're "on overtime"? Surely working overtime means more work should be done, not less?
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought ours came late at around 12 nowadays.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Royal Mail don't open my parcels, I had two deliveries last month from one courier that had Link in it's name and they were both opened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moisie wrote: »
    What does it mean when you go and collect your post from the sorting office in the morning like you do everyday and they say they haven't sorted it because they're "on overtime"? Surely working overtime means more work should be done, not less?

Royal Mail got rid of a lot of staff who do the sorting, so posties now have to do this too!! So posties are doing more work to cover for the fewer people, hence our post arriving later, even though posties are doing more work as well as lots of unpaid overtime!!
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to come around 1pm, but they're a bit earlier lately... they came at around 11.30am this morning :)