Options

Prison Break Officially Cancelled

12346»

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they dont have anyhting in store though,only storylines to extend current storylines for the sake of eeking out more air time

your storylines are nothing more than fanfic

and O.C actually had far more premise for a 5th season than PB does...

you cant blame fox for this 1,people just got sick of tuning into a show that didnt realise it needed closure, this cancellation will help the show go out on a high.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I for one don't want it ending on S4, it's a miscarriage of justice. :( 4 Seasons for a US Show isn't enough (unless it's really crap like The OC in my opinion but PB is far from shit) & if it does end-up concluding on the S4 finale, we won't have even had 100 episodes & it deserves that much at least. :cry: I love it so much that it's difficult for me to even say what's my favourite episode, though Season-4 has been on a high since its premier on Tuesday 2nd September 2008 & it always gets better.

Put the ratings aside cos I've already banged my head against a brick wall & pinned it on FOX for not promoting it as much or staying true to the show (even though people on here beg to differ) the Writers/Producers have so much in store if the Company is brought down & I'm dying to see what could unfold if FOX agree to have a Season 5. But like I've said before, IF S4 is the end then I hope they make a feature-length movie in Summer.

Indeed. I fear you may be suffering from concussion.
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Indeed. I fear you may be suffering from concussion.

Lol. :D

But I feel like crying a river at the loss of the show. There won't ever be an action-packed drama like this ever again, they can try but it won't ever be as gripping as PB :cry: Rant over, lol...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    they dont have anyhting in store though,only storylines to extend current storylines for the sake of eeking out more air time

I beg to differ. Maybe this whole thing with Scylla could've ended months ago but I've loved every second of it, the chase of it exchanging hands, & the twists 'n turns at the end of every episode.
    whedon wrote:
    your storylines are nothing more than fanfic

Excuse me, I'll have you know that I have a lot of creative energy buzzing. lol :)
    whedon wrote:
    and O.C actually had far more premise for a 5th season than PB does..

I personally don't. After killing Marissa off in the S3 finale, it became really lame. One Tree Hill is my favourite teen-show, shame it lived in The OC' shadow for so long.
    whedon wrote:
    this cancellation will help the show go out on a high.

I know perhaps I'm in the minority on this but maybe you're right. Just hope we get a feature-length movie too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your diaries out folks & put a mark on Monday 20th April as the last EVER 8 remaining episodes of Prison Break resume on Sky1 at 10pm. There's a short interview in April's Sky Mag with the hero (Wentworth Miller) whose had us on the edge of our seats from the Pilot. The release date of the S4 boxset is Monday 1st June. Primetime TV will NEVER be as entertaining ever again once the show concludes in late May. :(:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I thought there were only 6 episodes remaining? Are the extra two episodes what Fox has given them to wrap it all up?

And for the record, this show ceased to be truly entertaining midway through Season 3. Season 4 has been rubbish, i'm only watching it because i knew it was on the verge of cancellation and i wanted to see how it will end, otherwise i would have just dropped it like i've dropped 'Heroes'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I thought there were only 6 episodes remaining? Are the extra two episodes what Fox has given them to wrap it all up?

And for the record, this show ceased to be truly entertaining midway through Season 3. Season 4 has been rubbish, i'm only watching it because i knew it was on the verge of cancellation and i wanted to see how it will end, otherwise i would have just dropped it like i've dropped 'Heroes'.

The extra 2 episodes are gonna be a pre-equal/movie type like how 24 did Redemption but as of yet there's NO air-dates of whether it's gonna continue right after the 22nd episode. But there's STILL some confusion, some sites are saying that episode 22 is DEFINETLY gonna be the end of the show & there's NO mention of episodes 23/24 to bring everything to a satisfied conclusion. While others are saying that FOX have given the green light for the extended length 'movie.'

I beg to differ, Season 4 has been the best in my book. Don Self helping them & the twist where he shot Miriam was truly unexpected & out of the blue, that's what the show's known for. I've loved every twist 'n turn to date & can't wait for what's in-store in the final 8 episodes. The only downside is how T-Bag has developed a conscience & isn't the ruthless animal that we all loved once. This show's my guilty pleasure. Please stick with it. You never know, the remaining episodes may take you by surprise that you fall in love with it again. It's the most edge-of-the-seat show I've EVER seen. I'm not as bothered about the Soaps as I am about PB. I don't watch Heroes so can't comment there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm going to watch it to the end, but i seriously doubt that i'd "re-fall" in love with it. Season 1 was one of the best seasons of a TV show that i've ever seen, especially the riot episodes which WAS genuine edge of the seat stuff, but it seemed to be a bit of a one off as subsequent seasons just failed to match up (in my opinion at least).

It should have ended with Michael, Linc and Sarah sailing off into the sunset at the end of Season 2 if you ask me, you could pretty much see that it was intended to be the end right there, but then Fox ordered another season and we got the tacked on Sona ending (which admittedly did show promise, but was really just an excuse to drag it out).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I'm going to watch it to the end, but i seriously doubt that i'd "re-fall" in love with it. Season 1 was one of the best seasons of a TV show that i've ever seen, especially the riot episodes, but it seemed to be a bit of a one off as subsequent seasons just failed to match up (in my opinion at least).

It should have ended with Michael, Linc and Sarah sailing off into the sunset at the end of Season 2 if you ask me, you could pretty much see that it was intended to be the end right there, but then Fox ordered another season and we got the tacked on Sona ending (which admittedly did show promise, but was really just an excuse to drag it out).

Some excellent points which I happen to agree with but I STILL love it all the same. Season 3 could've been better cos the casting was shit, Lachero/Sammy/Sofia were dull & the whole being locked-up in Sona wasn't as jaw-dropping as it could've been. :yawn: James Whistler should've stayed on longer & perhaps team-up with Don Self. For me, Prison Break is known for the cliffhangers we've gotten every week. I personally think Season 1 was just the beginning of all the juicy stuff we've been delivered since. I certainly don't agree that it should've ended on the Season 2 finale. Shows thare TOTALLY crap like The OC, Martial Law & some others should end after just 2 Seasons but not the groundbreaking Prison Break. Never say never, I feel you'll love it like the good 'ol days when you see what's in store.

Btw, since you're screen name is CJClarke are you a fan of US Soap Bold and the Beautiful? :confused: There's a character's name on there who was CJ & I figured you might have been a fan.