Options

America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Best bits ANTM episodes are such a waste of time.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah they always seem to change whereabouts in the cycle they show it (halfway through, before going abroad, before the final, after the final ect ect), they've pretty much tried everything.

It's especially annoying when it takes up the place of an episode, meaning you have to wait 2 weeks for a new episode.
    I've got halfway through the recrap so far, have to find the motivation to watch the rest.

It certainly didn't portray Romeo in a good light so far, such a try-hard.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the favouritism towards Adam continues. A 9? If he got an 8 he would have gone home. This is getting boring. I actually quite liked Chantelle's face in her picture too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It feels like this cycle goes round in circles.
    Adam still being there just feels like a gimmick at this point. That huge speech Tyra gave about Adam doing bad at the photoshoot yet producing that picture was not very convincing, her voice got kind of shaky towards the end of that garbage, even she didn't believe it. lol
    Not too sad about Raelia going though, there were some things she was very good at but she had done some pictures that were elimination-worthy in the past.

I think Keith and Will did produce the best shots, although you could hardly see Keith's bag (not mentioned by the panel, despite them slating Shei for having her bag much more visible), but I suppose Will's legs looked a bit short, so Keith and Will were kind of equal.

The judging room looked pretty incredible. I wanted to have a look around it.
  • Options
    miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefered Wills shot over Keiths.
    Keith may perform better next episode though now he will have had a confidence boost.

Adam... I like Adam in general (though I cannot work out why), and I am pleased he is still there, BUT that said, I'm not sure he deserves to be. Especially after his performance this week... He was dismal, certainly when you compare to his feathers shot last week where he got it stupidly quickly.
    His drinking is a big problem... And I wonder if as of next episode alcohol will be banned in the house?
    No way was his picture worth a 9 this week, for me it was a 7 at the very best, I'd have probably given a 6 or 7.

I love Shei, and I adore Will.
    Lennox is a whiner.... And Chantelle is obnoxious! I don't care what Tyra said about a wall and I get that she is defensive due to past bullying etc, but she is still a conceited obnoxious madam in my opinion. And I don't get the whole 'I don't want Yu Tsai (sp?) to call me Panda, but I'll wait until next week to bring it up?' Why not have a quiet word on set at the time? You could see her getting more and more wound up about it in the shoot and it clearly affected it. Or is this 'clever' editing/scripting to build up suspense/drama etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've thought that Keith was going to win ANTM based on his glowing edit on the highlights episode and I'll be disappointed if he does but he's turning into a great model even though it looks like he's being given more time to get a good shot than some of the others.

Sad that Raelia's gone, hopefully it will focus and spur on Will to win.

Adam is such a mess and isn't very professional but I think he's doing OK and deserves to be there but maybe I just think that because he's super attractive and I don't want him to leave my screen yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the 'theme' for the next cycle yet? Are we going to have guys and girls again?

I'd like another all stars cycle sometime in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit of a mess of an episode.
    Not sure what to make of the drama. I think the Raelia-pity party was rather pathetic and was done in a way to make Chantelle feel uncomfortable. But then it's hard to defend Chantelle when she's the first one to criticize how others talk to her even though she comes across very abrupt herself, even if she doesn't mean to. Plus I don't know what happened with Keith, but lying about that sort of thing is obviously going to blow up in your face. I think she has a total lack of awareness but I don't know if she was as terrible as people made out.

At this moment I feel like we're heading for either a Keith/Lenox or Keith/Shei final 2, depending on how much Lenox's aloofness puts Tyra off and how much they want to prove that Shei's makeover hasn't sabotaged her from booking jobs.
    I don't know if Tyra can drag her pet project Adam much further but she's certainly going to try. Will booking 0 at the go-sees would usually be a huge negative thing but the final 2 last cycle were the only ones not to book anything in their go-sees so who knows. I think Tyra makes it a big thing simply if she wants to. She seems to like Will so it might be forgotten about come next episode.

About next cycle...
    Apparently they have started casting for Guys vs Girls again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I'm not sure Adam deserved to stay (Has Tyra ever given him less than 9?)
    But I am soooo glad Chantelle has gone. She came across so badly, her attitude stunk, and while I feel for her in regards to putting up a wall because she was bullied in the past, I don't feel that's all it was.
    I personally think she is used to most people in her life telling her how wonderful she is, how unique she is and on the opposite side to the bullying, I think everyone pandered to her every whim so she didn't feel as bad, that's certainly how she came across to me anyway, like a spoiled little madam. She didn't take her sunglasses off at a go see, that was SO rude! If I was a designer and she did that to me, especially at that level of just starting out, I'd have told her to leave then and there.

Poor Will not booking anything, I understand he got deflated because he was too tall for the clothes but his personality really didn't shine through, and I love his personality!
    I think Shei would have booked more if not for the black/white hair, BUT designers re-style their models all the time, so I feel that actually they should have looked past this...
    Lennox voice annoys me to be honest, even when she isn't whining, she sounds like she is.

At this point, I'm not sure who I want to win, Lennox has a great look, especially for high end fashion... But based on personal growth I think at the moment Keith deserves it, but he is very 'safe' looking for me...
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Chantelle coming back was such a waste. One of the least likeable this cycle. Woul much have preferred Matthew
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I feel like Chantelle coming back was such a waste. One of the least likeable this cycle. Woul much have preferred Matthew

This lot seem more unlikable than last - there were a few annoying characters but can't take to any of this lot. Also seems more biased, and Kelly just looks ill and miserable... Don't understand the appeal of her as a judge. :(

Saying all that, Will to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Chantelle had the gall to tell people both she and Keith live with that she slept with Keith! How foolish and embarrassing! Along with Chantelle I thought Lenox came across badly this week. She constantly moaned.
    A 9 for Adam again. Looks as though he will sail right on through.
    Of the males or shall I say BOOCHERS Keith is the perfect height and build. Of the females it's hard to say. Boils down to personal preference. Shei's hair does bug me though. But I like her aura and confidence.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    This lot seem more unlikable than last - there were a few annoying characters but can't take to any of this lot. Also seems more biased, and Kelly just looks ill and miserable... Don't understand the appeal of her as a judge. :(

Saying all that, Will to win.

Completely agree about Kelly. She has to be one of the most miserable, unhappiest, bitter human beings on the planet. Saying all that though I do kind of like her. She certainly balances out Mrs J's animated nonsense anyway making it an even panel.. Kind of
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always dislike the impersonation photoshoots, I tend to just think everyone did okay.
    The balance of trying to be a famous celeb or icon and also looking like a model seems to be up for interpretation. The judges can give any score they want and give the excuse that they don't look like the person they are supposed to be or if they look too much like the person then they are told they don't look like a model. (although Marilyn was a model wasn't she?)

I don't mind Tyra ignoring the fan score (even if it is week to week for certain models) but don't use it to prove a point in an inaccurate way. Telling Shei that social media didn't like her picture. Erm Shei got a score of 6.6, while Adam got 5.8 and Keith got 6.2.

At least if a guy wins this cycle then Tyra's thirst will be satisfied and won't be so out of control next cycle. If there is going to be a male winner I wish it felt a little more special, I think only Will would feel like a wow winner. Keith is a monotone Tyson Beckford copy (he'd be a wow winner if this cycle happened about 10-15 years ago lol) and Adam is Adam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm another one not keen on the impersonation shoots. As you say it seems to be an excuse to be able to get rid of them at this point, by the final 4 or 5 there should be little to choose between them, they should all be quite good by now.
    Especially as Tyra seems to be back on set a lot more. She was always there in earlier seasons then it seemed not so much in later cycles.
    To be honest I thought they all struggled this week, and I actually do think Adam was the best in a bad bunch... I'm so on the fence with him... Some weeks I like him, others I think he doesn't deserve to be there.
    Keith was very disappointing this week I thought.
    I'm gutted Shei left, I wanted Keith or Lennox to go this week.
    I am SO sick of hearing Lennox whine 'I'm not sexy, I don't know how to be sexy, this is soooo hard for me' I bet she's never been or done a lot of the things they are asked to do, but she manages to pose through them. Is it not part of model crtieria to be able to bluff your way through?
    She never even seems to try to me, I feel like she just decides, oh it's a sexy shoot, crap... then just gives up on herself. It frustrates me!
    The challenge annoyed me too this week. They were all equally bad, in different ways. Adams cockiness got the better of him, I knew it would as soon as he threw away his script. Muppet.
    Keith only won because the actress fancied him ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair, it was the right bottom two but I think Lennox should have gone based on the week.

Also, Keith shouldn't be given like however long he was given to get a good shot. Everyone should get equal time.

Now Shei's gone I'm rooting 100% for Will but I'm certain Keith will win unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, that was expected.
    Keith is a decent winner. Although I'm sure at the start of the cycle Tyra said she wants something unique and different and she's ended up with a Tyson Beckford copy with one-look and the same face in every shot.
    Generally fans seem proper mad or just underwhelmed on facebook, twitter....ect. I think Keith possibly had the least amount of fans out of the top 4 going into the final, but fans are always pissed when their fave doesn't win so no big deal. They'll have forgotten it all in about a week.
    Though it would have helped if they didn't spoil Keith's victory a few times before the final. They released vids about upcoming auditions and basically showed clips of Keith winning *facepalm*. Plus the preview of the final showed Lenox and Keith standing in a bottom two, so it was obvious what the final order was going to be.
    It's expected if people are mad if they don't get the result they want, but don't spoil them the result they don't want beforehand aswell. lol

The cast this cycle was actually pretty good, I think Lenox, Will, Shei, Keith, Mirjana, Matthew....made it a pretty competitive cycle. But the way this cycle was handled was appalling, it was like a mix of being heavily manipulated and really half-arsed.
    They alienated fans by picking and choosing whenever they wanted to acknowledge the fan voting. Tyra's just like 'to hell with the fan voting' in order to eliminate Lenox.

I really wish Adam had the sort of redemption they pretended he did as it makes a nice storyline. But his personality was just not as obnoxious as it first seemed, sadly his modelling was clumsy and weak. He should have got no further than top 8.
    Tyra questionably eliminating Shei and Lenox back-to-back, then pointing at them and shaming them before the runway, making out that girls everywhere will be disappointed there's no girls in the final. Erm I think they're more mad at you, Tyra.

I'm not really bothered about the result. I'm not very excited about Keith as the first male winner, I think Tyra acting like a crazy cougar obsessed about his manaconda totally cheapened it.
    I think Will being a 6ft 6in dancer being able to do masculine/feminine editorial/commercial would have been a better winner. A bit of a nightmare for designers trying to fit him into clothes, but at least fans would be happy and ANTM is more about being a spokesmodel and a face of the show anyway. Keith is just a monotone piece of meat really.

Great to see Allison again. I think Tyra really wishes she had crowned her the All-Star winner. Tyra never listens to the fans anymore.
    I don't think I've ranked anything ANTM-related for like 5 years but I might have a go at the winners/cycles later on (like a proper reality TV geek).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger, I know the winner now (not your fault) I only came on to ask where you were able to watch the last episodes as the streaming site I use has been decommissioned.
    To be fair I was expecting that win though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    miss-kitty wrote: »
    Bugger, I know the winner now (not your fault) I only came on to ask where you were able to watch the last episodes as the streaming site I use has been decommissioned.
    To be fair I was expecting that win though.

Whoops sorry. lol

The way I find links to the episodes is looking through all the ANTM forums I can find to see if anyone has put up a link. They usually end up getting deleted if too many people know about it.
    I ended up watching it on dailymotion and the vid was interrupted by an advert what felt like every 2 minutes. What a nightmare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops sorry. lol

The way I find links to the episodes is looking through all the ANTM forums I can find to see if anyone has put up a link. They usually end up getting deleted if too many people know about it.
    I ended up watching it on dailymotion and the vid was interrupted by an advert what felt like every 2 minutes. What a nightmare.

No need to apologise. I'm not a massive stickler for spoilers on stuff like this anyway. (God help you if you ruin AHS for me though lol)
    My fault for coming on here, I've found some links now. Just watching the final, Lennox so thought she was going on, because obviously it can't be an all male final!
    This will be interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched the episodes now, I agree with everything you said MeglosMurmers.
    On the whole Keith is a decent winner, but I'd have preferred Will, Mathew or Ben from the guys.
    Shei or Lennox would have made good winners too, but I hated Lennoxs personality ><
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, was it just me or did Tyra look really old in that last episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had no idea about all of those spoilers! the only spoiler i caught was the one in the preview a few weeks back when it showed tyra confronting adam about the smell of alcohol being on his breath, while handing him his picture. it gave away that he was getting through in the following week. hearing about those spoilers makes me wonder who is in charge of the footage though, because that's pitiful!

keith - obvious winner. i am glad it wasn't adam though. how he made it that far is a wonder to me. oh no wait, tyra manipulated it for it to be that way. i really hope for a return to actual judging someday. i miss it. the discussions the judges used to have before eliminating someone - when they could just say 'victoria is not into modelling so we are sending her packing'. (remember victoria, cycle 9, who went to yale and thought she was above it all?) i was actually starting to like(ish) adam a few weeks ago, but then he got cocky again when they did the korean commercial challenge.

no kelly or yu tsai next cycle would be great. i wonder what would happen to the show if tyra sold it to another model? i think tyra holds the show back, hugely.

overall, i preferred cycle 20, but i think i'm alone with that.

one more thing, ben's lack of airtime over the cycle is just confusing! has a contestant ever been shown so little?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I considered mentioning the spoilers on here before the final but I thought it would have been unfair and far too tempting for people not to look at.

Here's one of the incriminating vids: (put up on 2nd Dec)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJsyTL7_MGg
    Around 0:07-0:09, judges gathered around hugging Keith in judging room. Any longterm ANTM fan knows that's got to be them congratulating the winner.

this one was even worse: (the date says 26th Nov, hope the link works, beware annoying ads)
    http://www.4029tv.com/entertainment/thearkansascw/antm-casting-call-promo/29943310
    Around the 00:15 mark.

These must have been playing on US TV for the past week. lol
    I remember a time when ANTM was so careful, they used to go to extreme lengths so people wouldn't obtain spoilers. Do they just not care anymore?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd go back to the old style panel judging.
    Even if they still let the fans see the pics and choose a fave, but just not include the score, there is absolutely no point in the fan score as the judges use their votes to keep people anyway! (*cough* Adam *cough*)

I'm in the minority I think, as I rather like Kelly. I love the banter between her and Miss Jay this season.

I miss Mr Jay sorely though :( Yu Tsai is a poor replacement in my opinion.
    I do miss Nigel too, but not as much as Mr Jay

The older seasons were definitely better in my opinion