Criminal Minds Season 8 US Pace No Spoiler

Comments

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh, that's it for me. This week's episode was hopeless. I might tune in for the finale just to see (if) Spencer's girl get killed but other than that I've no interest left
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a fan and a viewer since day one but I really do think this show has run its course. Also, all that giving the presentation stuff where each member of the group (there are about 17, right ?!) says one line, then passes the baton to the next one to say their line, and repeat - well it all feels like "why do THEY need so many people when other shows can do it with just one" (+ a couple of underlings)
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright episode this week. The whole murderer thing, just seemed kinda normal. The viewer could tell whats going on and why he's doing it and all. But then when the robber turned out to be a puppet, it like shocked the hell outta me, although looking back it makes sense.

But it was all mainly an underplot for Spencer. And they didnt meet in the end. But once he sent her away, I knew the guy wasnt gonna be the stalker. However I did think that instead she was gonna be kidnapped when she left, being ironic and all. But thankfully not.

I think this season has been great, but can see why people are disliking it. I think personally its in need of a character switch up. I think Morgan and Hotch (Even though I like him), have not much to bring anymore. I think JJ, Spence and Rossi are still interesting. We havent seen enough of Blake yet. And Garcia will never get boring!!!

Also I want more Strauss!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just tired of the old
    • Lets give the profile to the local LEO's - why? only profilers ever catch people
    • Now key the profile into the computer
    • Oh look there's one person in the country that fits it
    • Argh, they have two possible killing grounds, what to do?
    • We'll split the teams and race to both
    • Got there in the nick of time
    • rinse, repeat

The only variant is the finale
    • Big Bad stalks the team
    • Someone gets kidnapped
    • Team chase the small bad by mistake
    • Looks like one of more of the teams contract is up
    • Roll credits
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Criminal Minds is one of my favourite shows on TV. I love the mind work they include in it and it's generally a fun task to follow the clues and see if I can figure it out before they do. Sometimes it's really easy though lol

Though I've gotta say, I still wish Gideon was around haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    snip.
    Funny thing is you could do something v. similar for EVERY NCIS episode but for some reason that show doesn't seem to be getting old. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Funny thing is you could do something v. similar for EVERY NCIS episode but for some reason that show doesn't seem to be getting old. :confused:

Hmm, very good point. I guess with NCIS I'm much more invested in the characters, and it's the interplay between them I'm watching for. The cases themselves seem to matter a lot less.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still in tears at this weeks offering.

Yeah, you're right. Tears of laughter.

Seriously, the writers out to be ashamed of themselves.

While I think on the whole the quality has been better than last year (not hard really) Criminal Minds really doesn't have anything new to show us and there has been no effort to develop the characters since season 5. Indeed, some have regressed (Morgan) where as others are 'background' (Hotch).

I'll see out the series then that'll be it for me.

Was that Beth Riesgraf at the end in a bad wig? Has Leverage finished?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll see out the series then that'll be it for me.

Was that Beth Riesgraf at the end in a bad wig? Has Leverage finished?

I'm sticking with it with my fingers well and trully crossed that they give us an ep that all :eek: and not more of the :yawn:

+ Yup is was Beth. As for Leverage, it is nearing the end of its current season with no word yet about renewal. Though if you're following that program too, don't worry about being left hanging cos the makers have said that this seasons finale is how they saw the series finale being way way back when they wrote the pilot - although they say they've still got more stories to tell should the ptb want another season <- that made sense, right ?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I'm sticking with it with my fingers well and trully crossed that they give us an ep that all :eek: and not more of the :yawn:

+ Yup is was Beth. As for Leverage, it is nearing the end of its current season with no word yet about renewal. Though if you're following that program too, don't worry about being left hanging cos the makers have said that this seasons finale is how they saw the series finale being way way back when they wrote the pilot - although they say they've still got more stories to tell should the ptb want another season <- that made sense, right ?!

Cheers. Leverage isn't on my 'must see' list so I am only about 5 episodes into season 4 but I do like it - mostly for Parker, Eliot and Hardison (can't stand Sophie and Nathan) so always good to see Beth in something.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers. Leverage isn't on my 'must see' list so I am only about 5 episodes into season 4 but I do like it - mostly for Parker, Eliot and Hardison (can't stand Sophie and Nathan) so always good to see Beth in something.:)

As a S5 viewer Leverage is still on my must-see list, but that's cos I'm still hoping for another one of their now-oh-so-rare cracking eps (like the Bank Job, The Jury and that one with the dagger from the museum); and as a S5 viewer I'm not saying anything more. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Lets give the profile to the local LEO's - why? only profilers ever catch people
    • Argh, they have two possible killing grounds, what to do?
    • We'll split the teams and race to both
    • rinse, repeat

Oh, twist this week
    • Rossi's read the script
    • No need to split the team
    • unsub becomes a maggot, reincarnate to repeat

I stand corrected, they do vary it a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, twist this week
    • Rossi's read the script
    • No need to split the team
    • unsub becomes a maggot, reincarnate to repeat

I stand corrected, they do vary it a bit

Except.......to reincarnate.......doncha need to like.....die before the thing you reincarnate into is born/hatched? Not some time afterwards?

Almost all theories on reincarnation say the soul joins the body when the first breath is taken (water passes gills? Air enters spiracles?) And the rest say it is at conception. Not hours or days later.

So. Stupid episode. But yeah - variety:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we wait weeks for a new Criminal Minds and on the face of it, it should be a good'un. Reid's mystery girlfriend gets kidnapped by her stalker!!!

Problem is, it was possibly the worst episode of CM ever. Truly abysmal. And, we knew who the unsub was from the moment we saw Michelle trachenberg's name in the opening credits:rolleyes:

The only good bit was Mave dying - probably a last minute change made after Beth Reisgaf read the script.

I think this episode explains Thomas Gibson's recent drunk driving - probably drowning his sorrows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we wait weeks for a new Criminal Minds and on the face of it, it should be a good'un. Reid's mystery girlfriend gets kidnapped by her stalker!!!

Problem is, it was possibly the worst episode of CM ever. Truly abysmal. And, we knew who the unsub was from the moment we saw Michelle trachenberg's name in the opening credits:rolleyes:

I missed the credits, but the second she walked onto camera I was "Oh ****" :(
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only good bit was Mave dying - probably a last minute change made after Beth Reisgaf read the script.

I think this episode explains Thomas Gibson's recent drunk driving - probably drowning his sorrows.

Not abysmal by any means, not saying it was the best ever but it was nowhere near the worst episode.

And how you can say the ending must have been a last minute change when it fitted in perfectly with the episode is beyond me. Once you give up it is easier to kill yourself, and both characters gave up in different ways. One to prove the theory she had come up with, and the other to save someone she loved.

What would you rather have happened, have Mave say "Oh ok Spencer you take my place and you can die instead"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not abysmal by any means, not saying it was the best ever but it was nowhere near the worst episode.

And how you can say the ending must have been a last minute change when it fitted in perfectly with the episode is beyond me. Once you give up it is easier to kill yourself, and both characters gave up in different ways. One to prove the theory she had come up with, and the other to save someone she loved.

What would you rather have happened, have Mave say "Oh ok Spencer you take my place and you can die instead"?

I said Mave dying was the good bit so I'm not sure why you think I would want to change it - though I thought it was good for different reasons to you.

I said the ending was a last minute change as a joke - implying that Beth Reisgaf was going to be a regular character but after reading the terrible script decided to (wisely) cut all connection with CM. I am absolutely sure this is not true and that Mave's death was the plan all along. Well, it worked with Haley didn't it?:D

I used to love CM and it is awful seeing how terrible it has become. The stories are dull and predictable yet often unbelievable, the scripts awkward and stilted. The core characters have had all character development and indeed character stripped away - Spencer has become something less than he was in season 1. New girl might as well not be there.

Even the basic premiss of the show - the profiling/human behaviour - has become laughable. And for a 'procedural' to get so many basic procedures of police/fbi/profiling wrong is jarring.

This episode had all those flaws and really bad editing - plus the 'sad faces' of the entire team at the end:D You really shouldn't be moved to laugh out loud after someone has been shot in the head:D

Hopefully TG's arrest will be the bad publicity that puts a nail in the coffin and puts CM out of its misery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks episode, definately back on the rinse repeat cycle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weeks episode, definately back on the rinse repeat cycle

Not seen it yet - does Reid have a 'sad face':D
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said Mave dying was the good bit so I'm not sure why you think I would want to change it - though I thought it was good for different reasons to you.

I said the ending was a last minute change as a joke - implying that Beth Reisgaf was going to be a regular character but after reading the terrible script decided to (wisely) cut all connection with CM. I am absolutely sure this is not true and that Mave's death was the plan all along. Well, it worked with Haley didn't it?:D

I used to love CM and it is awful seeing how terrible it has become. The stories are dull and predictable yet often unbelievable, the scripts awkward and stilted. The core characters have had all character development and indeed character stripped away - Spencer has become something less than he was in season 1. New girl might as well not be there.

Even the basic premiss of the show - the profiling/human behaviour - has become laughable. And for a 'procedural' to get so many basic procedures of police/fbi/profiling wrong is jarring.

This episode had all those flaws and really bad editing - plus the 'sad faces' of the entire team at the end:D You really shouldn't be moved to laugh out loud after someone has been shot in the head:D

Hopefully TG's arrest will be the bad publicity that puts a nail in the coffin and puts CM out of its misery.

Can someone remind me who Mave was. It seems so long ago I can't remember. I do remember though some emotional episodes in Series 7 - Hotchner's wife being killed and then
    Rossi's wife telling him she was dying and then dying in his arms after sharing a drink together. Wasn't Prentiss leaving for to go for another job
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Can someone remind me who Mave was. It seems so long ago I can't remember. I do remember though some emotional episodes in Series 7 - Hotchner's wife being killed and then
    Rossi's wife telling him she was dying and then dying in his arms after sharing a drink together. Wasn't Prentiss leaving for to go for another job

Mave was Reid's 'love' interest - though he'd never actually met her, just went through a complex phone ritual because she was being stalked.

Haley (Hotchner's wife) dies in season 5. He is now dating Beth who lives in New York as the actress got a job on another TV series (Scandal)

Rossi's wife killing herself because she has of Motor Neuron disease before showing any symptoms was six or seven.

Prentiss left (well, ditched by the producers) then came back (well, producers gave in to fans demanding her return so forced her to fulfil her contractual obligation to them) then left again (Well, left as soon as she was contractually able to) and has been replaced by Jeanne Tripplehorn (not that you'd notice as she's given hardly anything to do)

Hope that helps:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, OK it was 'Rinse Repeat' but it wasn't a bad episode IMO - one of the better ones this season. The story was plausible (ish) and blood art is quite interesting (well....some is)

I really loved how the unsub artist's work was pretty rubbish :D And I thought the Gallery owner was a good character - certainly compared to the average incidental character in CM.

The regular cast all got something to do - though Garcia got on my nerves a little this week but that isn't necessarily a bad thing - at least it shows some character! And I would love to know what she uses as search criteria on what database to find people who have unsociable jobs:D AND access their private medical information without a court order:D AND is an artist - if I had mad SQL skills like that I wouldn't be working at the FBI!!

The fly in the ointment was the complete disregard for medical facts :( With Plasma, O is the universal recipient not AB - the opposite of whole blood. A severe haemophiliac would have bled out from the bite without real medical attention and bucket loads of Factor X - a quick squirt of plasma won't do. And inverting the body and bleeding through the carotid artery & jugular would be much more effective for exsanguination with gravity allowing more blood to exit the body even after the heart stops pumping - he'd have gotten more than the half litre he managed lying them flat - actually, even lying them flat he'd have gotten more than the half litre he got - he just wasn't trying:D

To get every basic medical fact wrong is almost like the writers are taking the p!ss out of us viewers

And the scattered book analogy with Reid's appartment (reflecting his damaged mind:rolleyes:) was heavy handed. But meh. CM hasn't done subtle or nuanced since season 5:D

Overall, watchable and even enjoyable this week but please CM writers - at least check Wiki for your medical facts!!:D
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mave was Reid's 'love' interest - though he'd never actually met her, just went through a complex phone ritual because she was being stalked.

Haley (Hotchner's wife) dies in season 5. He is now dating Beth who lives in New York as the actress got a job on another TV series (Scandal)

Rossi's wife killing herself because she has of Motor Neuron disease before showing any symptoms was six or seven.

Prentiss left (well, ditched by the producers) then came back (well, producers gave in to fans demanding her return so forced her to fulfil her contractual obligation to them) then left again (Well, left as soon as she was contractually able to) and has been replaced by Jeanne Tripplehorn (not that you'd notice as she's given hardly anything to do)

Hope that helps:D

Thank you for updating me. I can't believe that Rossi wife died two series ago. Thinking back to Series 7 I don't think there were many memorable episodes especially when viewers knew from the start who the unsub was going to be. Not keen on the character Prentiss at all I don't see why she is needed to be honest. I don't think the show would be the same if Morgan ever decided to quit though and the same goes for Penelope Garcia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... And I would love to know what she uses as search criteria on what database to find people who have unsociable jobs:D AND access their private medical information without a court order:D AND is an artist - if I had mad SQL skills like that I wouldn't be working at the FBI!!

I think she has access to "The Machine" from Person of Interest, I'm just not sure why when she always manages to narrow it down to one person they don't throw one more random fact in there to get it down to one location rather than splitting the team to race to two :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to say the latest episode is excellent and indeed, it managed excellent for the first half.

Then it all sort of fell apart.

Why introduce Dissasociative Identity Disorder? The alcoholic black outs were enough and way more convincing.

The older girl being the 'unsub' was a good twist - but they could have played the three possibles for a bit longer instead of the stupid basement scene - JJ is a serious liability. 'Oh, I'm in a house with a psychopath, several heavy, pointy objects and possibly a gun - I know what, even though the team will be here soon, I'll go poking around the basement. What could go wrong?'

To be fair, it kept me guessing (apart from the ten minutes I was cursing about the father's DID) - father? Boyfriend? Both girls? (thought obviously, one girl after the found the body) - is the mum really alive and involved?

Overall I'll still have to say a Good episode - it would have been excellent if not for the issues already mentioned and of course, Garcia looking at people's medical records without a court order yet again. I hope someone sues her and she gets sacked!!

I'll also mention it was directed by Thomas Gibson and I have to say he made a better job of it than a lot of the recent 'real' directors. And better than MGG!