Options

Best selling album's of all time - YOUR VOTE.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Dawson - out of interest, you state that many albums had little or no impact in the UK, I can't see any name on that list which would back up your statement...name me some...

A slight overreaction on my part. Nirvana, Santana, Backstreet Boys albums were not that big here though were they? Would be interesting to see how the results would go if it were UK best sellers and Adele, Oasis, Amy Winehouse etc were there.

I regret voting for Spice now. Bad by Michael Jackson sounds better today I think.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Always Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, one of my favourite albums
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A slight overreaction on my part. Nirvana, Santana, Backstreet Boys albums were not that big here though were they? Would be interesting to see how the results would go if it were UK best sellers and Adele, Oasis, Amy Winehouse etc were there.

I regret voting for Spice now. Bad by Michael Jackson sounds better today I think.

Nirvana was absolutely massive here! One of the most influential albums of the 90s!
  • Options
    ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted Rumours, great to see it do so well! :D
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday Night Fever
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mac!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for ...Baby One More Time. People can say I have no taste but I really don't care. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Dark Side Of The Moon
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Personally I don't like Fleetwood Mac - but from the choices given I'd have to go for Rumours. Its the only album that I like EVERY song on.

I would have gone for the best album ever being Revolver by the Beatles - but it wasn't in the selection.

Funny - but I remember listening to Dark Side of The Moon years and years ago and thought how brilliant it was. I listened to it recently and thought 'What the hell was I thinking of - two good tracks and the rest is a load of very, very average pretentiousness'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I voted for Metallica. I'm not really a fan of theirs anymore as I'm more into Power Metal / Prog these days but it's the only one from the list I like..
  • Options
    J B OddsocksJ B Oddsocks Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised that Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells doesn't make the list.
    Voted for Dark Side of the Moon
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abbey Road.
    As the years go by it tends to be the Beatles album I go back to most. Especially the second half.

Of course if I answered the poll tomorrow it might be Pepper, it might be Nevermind, it might be The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon.

It's also a little sad that Spice by the Spice Girls has more votes than Back in Black, Led Zep IV, Pepper, Abbey Road, Appetite for Destruction and The Wall combined.
    Very sad.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tough choice between Jagged Little Pill, Rumors, Nevermind, Falling Into You and ...Baby One More Time. But went for JLP in the end :)
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Nirvana's Nevermind - I still listen to it after 20+ years.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    Abbey Road.
    As the years go by it tends to be the Beatles album I go back to most. Especially the second half.

Of course if I answered the poll tomorrow it might be Pepper, it might be Nevermind, it might be The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon.

It's also a little sad that Spice by the Spice Girls has more votes than Back in Black, Led Zep IV, Pepper, Abbey Road, Appetite for Destruction and The Wall combined.
    Very sad.

Scarey indeed...even sadder that those voting may well be adults.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad.

Don't fret too much. That's more a reflection of the sort of people who populate this forum than the public as a whole. Lots of fans of girlie pop on here for some reason...probably to do with the fact that this web site features heavily on celebrity gossip, soap operas and reality TV...
  • Options
    heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Tough choice .. Thriller, Rumours and Led Zeppelin IV are all great albums that I still listen to to this day, but Appetite for Destruction all the way. Slash is still going strong and writing great material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted Jagged Little Pill. The results are different from what I expected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Fleetwood Mac for me :) it's an album that I can listen to without skipping a track!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    No offence but some of you are seriously up yourselves. I'm not a big fan of Britney Spears or the freakin' Spice Girls but people have different opinions and they always will. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them strange or stupid. Get off your high horse.

Oh, and I went for MJ - Bad.
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence but some of you are seriously up yourselves. I'm not a big fan of Britney Spears or the freakin' Spice Girls but people have different opinions and they always will. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them strange or stupid. Get off your high horse.

Oh, and I went for MJ - Bad.

If you're going to pick the Spice Girls over Led Zep or Pink Floyd, for example, in a poll about best albums, then yeah, it does make them a little bit stupid. Or 5 years old. Or, less likely popped forward in time from 1996 and that's the only record they've ever heard.
    It's like preferring crayons to nicely framed piece of art.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    michael jackson thriller 9/10
    AC/DC Back in Black 9/10
    Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon 9/10
    Whitney Houston Bodyguard soundtrack 4/10
    Michael Jackson Bad 9/10
    Meat Loaf Bat out of hell 8/10
    Bee Gees and other artists Saturday night fever 9/10
    Fleetwood Mac Rumours 8/10
    Shania Twain Come on over 3/10
    Led Zeppelin IV 9/10
    Alanis Morissette Jagged little pill 9/10
    Michael Jackson Dangerous 7/10
    Celine Dion Falling into you 3/10
    Mariah Carey Music Box 6/10
    Dirty Dancing soundtrack 8/10
    Celine Dion Lets talk about love 2/10
    The Beatles Abbey Road 10/10
    Britney Spears Baby...one more time 3/10
    Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA 8/10
    Dire Straits Brothers in arms 8/10
    Guns n roses Appetite for destruction 9/10
    Iron Butterfly in-a-gadda-da-vida 9/10
    James Horner music from the titanic motion picture 2/10
    Metallica ,metallica 9/10
    Nirvana Nevermind 10/10
    Pink Floyd The Wall 8/10
    Santana Supernatural 7/10
    Backstreet boys Backstreet boys/backstreets back 2/10
    Spice Girls Spice 6/10
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're going to pick the Spice Girls over Led Zep or Pink Floyd, for example, in a poll about best albums, then yeah, it does make them a little bit stupid. Or 5 years old. Or, less likely popped forward in time from 1996 and that's the only record they've ever heard.
    It's like preferring crayons to nicely framed piece of art.

That is such an ignorant view point what makes Led Zepplin any better to the spice girls is all down to subjectivity and opinion you may think that but someone else may not. It makes them neither stupid or imature but most certainly makes you narrow minded :cool:. And give me Crayola to Rembrandt any day ;)
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised The Joshua Tree by U2 isn't there.

Amazing album 10/10. A shame most of what they have released since has been utter shit.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Don't fret too much. That's more a reflection of the sort of people who populate this forum than the public as a whole. Lots of fans of girlie pop on here for some reason...probably to do with the fact that this web site features heavily on celebrity gossip, soap operas and reality TV...

exactly, but no one is forcing people to post here if they`re not interested in the subjects this website mainly reports on.:yawn: there are many other websites that focus on different genres of music. However, i suspect these people wouldn't have the opportunity to boringly preach about how sad the posters are on these other websites which better suit their tastes.:sleep: