What day do you give Easter eggs?

2»

Comments

• tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise81 wrote: »
    sunday traditionally, but i always got them on good friday
    Well, as hot cross buns are now available all year round, I suppose any day would do nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    We always got up Easter Sunday to loads of Easter Eggs laid out all over the house :)

Very exciting.

Now I just have 1 big, special one.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people still wait until Sunday, or are you all reading this with chocolate all over your face?
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Easter Sunday.

A new beginning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easter Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know the old traditions have survived the attention span limited internet generation (unless you're all old farts like me).
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o I was about to reply to a post from 6 years ago :p
    Forum Member
    Good to know the old traditions have survived the attention span limited internet generation (unless you're all old farts like me).

I'm a wizen old fart. :)
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    :o I was about to reply to a post from 6 years ago :p

You have. :D
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Do people still wait until Sunday, or are you all reading this with chocolate all over your face?

I am in the dog house because I have already eaten one my wife had hidden away. It was not even meant for me.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My six children always get their Easter eggs & a toy each on Easter Sunday. But the older 3 will be getting small Easter eggs as they aren't enthusiastic on eating much choc. They still haven't finished their Christmas selection boxes yet! :o
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

7 year old thread bump for that??
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    You have. :D
    Haha :D Technically I didn't reply to anybody ;) But I meant I was interested in a post on the first page, but realised it was 6 years old :D

As for when does my daughter get her eggs - she's had one from her school bus driver, one from her Gateway club, one from each of her respite carers, so I've allowed her to eat 2 of them already as I don't want her trying to gobble 4 down all on Sunday ... when she will receive something else from her Grandma. I won't be giving her anything (apart from the abundance of love she already receives from me ;)), enough is enough :D
  • ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give the eggs on the 11th of September.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Easter Sunday.

But this year i've asked for no eggs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easter Sunday. Anyone who gives eggs out on a different day will upset the baby Jesus :D
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any time from Christmas onwards. Fatten up those kids - diabetes is the in thing, apparently.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Easter Sunday.

I was never given them as a child. The bunny left them in the garden, and I had to find them.
    MisoSoup wrote: »
    Is there a specific day when you are traditionally supposed to give out eggs or do you just do it any time over the weekend? :confused:

Traditionally on the Sunday.

My parents used to hide them around the house and in the garden (which is quite large).

So, as a young boy, my mission was to find them.

I was very excited of course and my parents gave me rough directions (e.g. getting hot, getting cold), so I could find them all.

(7 year old thread bump)
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    In our family it was Easter Sunday unless my mother had hidden them really badly... then my brother and I would carefully remove the egg from the box, open the foil... break off a large chunk of egg... refold and replace.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MisoSoup wrote: »
    So mostly people give their eggs when they feel like it or when it's convenient?

That's good, I thought I was doing it wrong :p

i gave mine out today, mainly because my children are the fallout of a broken marriage and cheating wife...

i always get them an Xbox game as well each
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Easter Sunday. Anyone who gives eggs out on a different day will upset the baby Jesus :D

I'm pretty sure he isn't a baby any more.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easter eggs are for children, no adult should be eating an Easter egg or receiving any
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Easter eggs are for children, no adult should be eating an Easter egg or receiving any

Do you work for 'killjoy central'?

:p