• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurghh, May cannot come soon enough!
    I think I'll be hyperventilating if I'm close to the stage at her gig:o
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Love that performance in Germany!

PS She's doing surprisingly well in the US, one of her weaker markets. Relatively speaking.

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart
    Rank LW
    1 NEW One Direction "Take Me Home"
    2 NEW The Weeknd "Trilogy"
    3 1 Taylor Swift "Red"
    4 NEW Lana Del Rey "Paradise"
    5 NEW Christina Aguilera "Lotus"
    6 NEW Soundtrack "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
    7 NEW Soundgarden "King Animal"
    8 NEW Deftones "Koi No Yokan"
    9 NEW Green Day "Dos"
    10 3 Rod Stewart "Merry Christmas, Baby"

http://www.billboard.com/news/one-direction-the-weeknd-twilight-albums-1008017752.story#/news/one-direction-the-weeknd-twilight-albums-1008017752.story
  • LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just glad she is beating the monstrosity that is Lotus
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Lana! Be a very nice end to the year if US finally accepts her and she puts down some respectable sales there.
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ride is absolutely stunning. Can see it growing to become one of my favourite songs of the year. Such a fantastic song.
    Forum Member
    A future classic, like Video Games.
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Reminds me of Born to Run. I found Born to Die started off well but faded after National Anthem, but I'm enjoying Paradise. It works really well as a cohesive piece of work. Ride was the obvious and correct choice for lead single however. Really really enjoying it, and I know others who are too. Even those who aren't necessarily fans of Lana.

Plus the artwork to Paradise is stunning. Love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Video Games and Born To Die when they first game but today I listened to the album in full to see what all the hype was about. I was expecting the album to be really depressing and boring but it wasn't. It is an absolutely amazing album. I Lana's voice and her lyrics are fantastic. I just love everything about this album. My favourites are currently Video Games, Off To The Races, Born To Die, Diet Mountain Dew, National Anthem, Radio, Carmen, Summertime Sadness, Ride and Body Electric.

I'm currently up to Blue Velvet but so far no weak track!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is an incredible song writer. I think I said it before but out of all the younger pop scarlets. Lana is head and shoulders above them in the writing stakes.

Gods and Monsters in particular is one of the best songs of the past few years imho.
    Forum Member
    Being banging on about it for ages, Lana is a MAJOR new talent. The fact that she's also drop dead gorgeous may even negatively colour some people's attitudes to her talent. She's the real deal, no question.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Being banging on about it for ages, Lana is a MAJOR new talent. The fact that she's also drop dead gorgeous may even negatively colour some people's attitudes to her talent. She's the real deal, no question.

I think this is a very good point actually.

Perhaps her beauty is intimating people.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is an incredible song writer. I think I said it before but out of all the younger pop scarlets. Lana is head and shoulders above them in the writing stakes.

Gods and Monsters in particular is one of the best songs of the past few years imho.

Gods and Monsters is amazing.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American came on shuffle on my way home, still love this song.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mangomoon wrote: »
    Gods and Monsters is amazing.

In agreement also, I absolutely adore Gods and Monsters. Seems to be quite an underrated Lana song, its brilliant.