Options

Luke A vs Aaron

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He never really said, just that it would be exciting. (Which was frankly unlikely). But yes, surely it could only have been a fly on the wall series about the wedding preparations. I never really got to grips with the status of the engagement video; it looked as if it had some professional input but not enough.

I was actually surprised that they didn't get any tv interest in their wedding, considering that there is an entire cable channel devoted to nothing else. How un-famous do you have to be not to even get a programme on the wedding channel? Grace and Mikey were practically treated like William and Kate on there.

Whilst I admit to having had doubts about Louise commitment to the romance in BB what I'm going to say doesn't mean that I think the romance/marriage is not real.

I have always felt that the haste with which they got engaged & subsequently married was about commerical deals of some sort. It followed similar timescales to the Chantelle/Preston marriage & even Grace/Mikey got engaged prompto fitting in a mag deal! What I wasn't aware of was potential tv. As for Wedding TV are Jay/Louise really their type of individual to follow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Farscape - not sure I interpreted what Aaron said like you have.

When asked about the lack of media opportunities for HMs these days on twitter Aaron responded with something along the lines of "Yes. It's you win or your nothing these days.

His comment related I believe to - the only way to make any real cash out of BB is to win it.

That certainly seems to be the case, or rather that the prize money, whoever gets it, is the only money up for grabs. Mark used to claim that he was paid £2 for Bots - he was probably exaggerating, but I doubt whether it was more than £30. This year, because CBB came immediately after BB, I don't think any housemate got a single minute's tv time apart from CBB BOTS (was that only Luke? I didn't watch) and (I think) a local bit for Lauren, who lives in an area where the local ITV channel thinks an escaped sheep is big news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I admit to having had doubts about Louise commitment to the romance in BB what I'm going to say doesn't mean that I think the romance/marriage is not real.

I have always felt that the haste with which they got engaged & subsequently married was about commerical deals of some sort. It followed similar timescales to the Chantelle/Preston marriage & even Grace/Mikey got engaged prompto fitting in a mag deal! What I wasn't aware of was potential tv. As for Wedding TV are Jay/Louise really their type of individual to follow?

I think you are right about the timing of it. I have no idea whether the Wedding Channel has a type. jay and Louise do look extremely pretty together which may count for something. Speaking as someone who once contributed rather unkindly to veri's I would rather
    than watch Jay and Louise thread, I still think that they take a good picture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are right about the timing of it. I have no idea whether the Wedding Channel has a type. jay and Louise do look extremely pretty together which may count for something. Speaking as someone who once contributed rather unkindly to veri's I would rather
    than watch Jay and Louise thread, I still think that they take a good picture.

I'd never read that thread before. Funny & so early on in show. As for piccie. They are a good looking couple as long as those awful tatoos covered up. Thing is with Wedding TV you have to talk to camera in english that the nation will understand. Talk about how you got together & what it is you enjoy about each other. Not sure the channel is really ready for scat talk :D
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna stick my two-penn'orth in here (call it showing off if you like :D) but I've actually seen Jay and Louise together and they are a very good looking couple - something which I don't think came across that well on the show. We pretty much all agreed that Louise was very pretty and most thought Jay was quite good-looking too but (in real life :o ) they are both slim and attractive and make a striking couple just for some reason that never showed up anywhere near as much on the TV screen.

I think maybe C5 thought the viewing public would be much more enchanted by one or both of them (remember they could not have predicted they would get together with each other) than they actually were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think maybe C5 thought the viewing public would be much more enchanted by one or both of them (remember they could not have predicted they would get together with each other) than they actually were.

On the opening night people loved Louise. She was gorgeous, and her 'I'm just a normal girl' mantra played well with people. Afterwards, when people had decided that they didn't like her, it became the done thing to denigrate her looks on here, because of course only likeable people can ever be judged to look good. People used to discuss her as if she was positively deformed. But that was always silly. She was still as gorgeous to look at swooning over Jay's poo as she had been when she came into the house.

Jay is more of a matter of taste - some people really hated his tattoos. I never mind tattoos unless the consist of swastikas and the word 'hate'. http://d1at7s7ng1pn0k.cloudfront.net/snog/assets/pictures/ab/ab837be518b53fce1c7b833ee61dfb7edfca6de7.original.jpg He doesn't, as they say, 'do anything for me'. But he IS a good looking man and it is silly to pretend otherwise.

Mark, now... [Briefly transfixed by all the google images pictures of mark...:o]
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the opening night people loved Louise. She was gorgeous, and her 'I'm just a normal girl' mantra played well with people. Afterwards, when people had decided that they didn't like her, it became the done thing to denigrate her looks on here, because of course only likeable people can ever be judged to look good. People used to discuss her as if she was positively deformed. But that was always silly. She was still as gorgeous to look at swooning over Jay's poo as she had been when she came into the house.

Jay is more of a matter of taste - some people really hated his tattoos. I never mind tattoos unless the consist of swastikas and the word 'hate'. http://d1at7s7ng1pn0k.cloudfront.net/snog/assets/pictures/ab/ab837be518b53fce1c7b833ee61dfb7edfca6de7.original.jpg He doesn't, as they say, 'do anything for me'. But he IS a good looking man and it is silly to pretend otherwise.

Mark, now... [Briefly transfixed by all the google images pictures of mark...:o]

Yes, well, having people think of that when they saw her wouldn't help. I will admit my reaction to Jay was - OMG I've seen that guy naked shaving his backside on national telly :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Louise is stunning & you are right very popular on here in the first week. She was second favourite after Aaron (who even then have a big lead). I do think this related to her looks but also her attitude. She didn't run with the in crowd joining the wolfpack. She was prepared to be her own person & hung around with the other individuals - Aaron/Harry/Mark etc. Her 'normal' stuff was believed & of course her friendship with Aaron helped!! In many ways it fell apart for significant parts of the audience when she got with Jay but specifically her diary room admissions. Folks just looked & thought who the hell is this girl? She just seemed to have a character change. I leads to mistrust which is very difficult to overcome. So I suppose what I'm saying is that I don't think her looks really have much at all to do with the change in opinon on Louise. It did work to her benefit as when she deliberately changed her face to face nominations folks fell hook line & sinker for her being too dumb to understand what she was doing. To hell she was!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise is stunning & you are right very popular on here in the first week. She was second favourite after Aaron (who even then have a big lead). I do think this related to her looks but also her attitude. She didn't run with the in crowd joining the wolfpack. She was prepared to be her own person & hung around with the other individuals - Aaron/Harry/Mark etc. Her 'normal' stuff was believed & of course her friendship with Aaron helped!! In many ways it fell apart for significant parts of the audience when she got with Jay but specifically her diary room admissions. Folks just looked & thought who the hell is this girl? She just seemed to have a character change. I leads to mistrust which is very difficult to overcome. So I suppose what I'm saying is that I don't think her looks really have much at all to do with the change in opinon on Louise. It did work to her benefit as when she deliberately changed her face to face nominations folks fell hook line & sinker for her being too dumb to understand what she was doing. To hell she was!!!

Leaving the Aaronites aside, I think the change in view of Louise was much simpler for many. When she opened her mouth, she was just unutterably dull (both voice and content). For the first week or two, peeps gave her benefit of the doubt, either transfixed by the looks or more likely thinking there must be more to come. But there really wasn't! :eek::yawn: