Options

Why do women fail to see anything in me?

Comments

• Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Ah you see I don't have the charisma or wit.

When I speak to women I think I end up sounding like a cross between Alan Partridge and Mark from Peep Show.

For example I once spoke to a goth girl who had facial piercings and I said to her "I bet you don't like magnets."

She said what are you talking about. I said "It's a joke, like Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me, he gets picked up by a magnet operated by Bond who drops him into a shark pool."

Oh she said. It kind of fizzled out there.

But look who "Mark" from the Peep Show is married to in real life - there's hope for everyone!!

ETA I'm not being horrible here, I love David Mitchell :)
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    But look who "Mark" from the Peep Show is married to in real life - there's hope for everyone!!

Yeah, she's nice.

Smart and funny too.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    That wasn't a very polite or charming thing to say. It sounds a bit dismissive, and she's probably sick of people commenting on her piercings and style in that way.

I realise that now - hence it was like one of Alan Partridges back firing jokes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When I speak to women I think I end up sounding like a cross between Alan Partridge and Mark from Peep Show.

For example I once spoke to a goth girl who had facial piercings and I said to her "I bet you don't like magnets."

She said what are you talking about. I said "It's a joke, like Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me, he gets picked up by a magnet operated by Bond who drops him into a shark pool."

Ok accept your strengths and weaknesses, if you struggle to speak to girls in that situation try other ways, Internet dating where you can think about what you want to say. Or maybe take up some hobbies that interest you.. thats a fantastic way to meet people, and then you have a good basis to start a conversation.

Its hard to go up and speak to someone you dont know, im fairly confident when it comes to matters of love, but do get shy and say silly things when i first chat to people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »

ETA I'm not being horrible here, I love David Mitchell :)

I know - and she is his first proper relationship.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ermmm yeh i can see why that joke went flat, try to avoid any digs at accessories :D just chat have fun relax
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I was with a girl was last year after a drunken night out. We went back to her place and though we were drunk had the presence of mind not to have unprotected sex (neither of us had any contraceptives). We decided not to speak of the occasion ever again.

first mistake ;) if you went back to her place then she obviously wanted it to happen so it was probably your decision? you know you can pull out right? and there is such a thing as the pill. if being a virgin was that much of a deal to you then it shouldnt have mattered.

so you are probably either boring or just not very good around girls or probably both. but like others have said meeting through work hobbies mates or whatever is better than at some club.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Have you got a small willy? Maybe that's why?
  • Options
    Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D i have been called a female version of mark in peep show, awkwardness personified. If i can manage an odd date here and there I am sure it will happen for you. People come into your life when you least expect it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D i have been called a female version of mark in peep show, awkwardness personified. If i can manage an odd date here and there I am sure it will happen for you. People come into your life when you least expect it.

Are you single? Looking for someone who's heart is in the right place.. I might know of someone
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know - and she is his first proper relationship.

Maybe learn how to do magic tricks, that's the reason most famous magicians give for taking up magic as kids, to impress, entertain, and be more successful with women. I even gave it a go once, but didn't have the patience, and was relatively content with my success rate minus the magic tricks.
  • Options
    Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pretend to be gay and camp yourself up, it'll have the women frothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    Maybe learn how to do magic tricks, that's the reason most famous magicians give for taking up magic as kids, to impress, entertain, and be more successful with women. I even gave it a go once, but didn't have the patience, and was relatively content with my success rate minus the magic tricks.

Good idea. Paul Daniels pulled Debbie Mcgee.

Wait, that's a sh*t example.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Otherwise known as the David Walliams method.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont do this.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea. Paul Daniels pulled Debbie Mcgee.

Wait, that's a sh*t example.

You're not wrong. I always thought she was way overrated, a bit like Carol Voderman.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Are there more single men (under 65) wanting relationships than women? It certainly seems to feel that way and I have never seen a post from a woman trying to find a man.

If that is the case then some men must be left over or if not then where are the women struggling to find a man?
    Figures from the Office of National Statistics and Edinburgh University does show more single men than women.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3991981.stm

This remains the case until somewhere in the 70's age range, where women's longer age expectancies kick in and more men die off than women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Les Dennis and Amanda Holden?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're not wrong. I always thought she was way overrated, a bit like Carol Voderman.

You'd have to learn Maths to get her.

F*ck that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank god im not the only one.. Something about Carol Voderman that leaves a weird taste in my mouth.. Her face is just odd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Figures from the Office of National Statistics and Edinburgh University does show more single men than women.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3991981.stm

This remains the case until somewhere in the 70's age range, where women's longer age expectancies kick in and more men die off than women.

Hello tghe - I know you've posted about being a long term singleton before. Can you offer and advice?
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D yeah if u liked this girl i can see where you are going wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scamps wrote: »
    Thank god im not the only one.. Something about Carol Voderman that leaves a weird taste in my mouth.. Her face is just odd

It is since she fell down the stairs in high heels.

No that was too cruel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No that was too cruel.

what is too cruel is when i found out she'd fallen down the stairs was responding 'good'
  • Options
    Forum Member

No that was too cruel.

Luckily her nose cushioned the blow.