Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes because its being moved to early slots without advertisement and it's being clashed with as well. So it's no surprise it's being hurt more then the others especially as it has the most younger viewers as well.

Maybe they should have just dropped the episode then rather than try and cram it in and have no one watch it anyway.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Emmerdale held up well. Really bad decision to put EE unadvertised at 7pm clashing with Emmerdale. It was a recipe for disaster. And people were questioning ITV's scheduling beforehand. I think they got this one right, retaining all their Emmerdale viewers after the news.

Really because that to is down and was practically in the same slot.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    It was unadvertised and a hot Summer Friday evening. People weren't to know. Plus I imagine people will have tuned into ITV as normal and waited for Emmerdale without realising EE was already on on BBC One. Hence I suggested a 10pm timeslot might've been much better with the match lead-out.

Heck, even I tuned in ten minutes late. I'd have thought it would be on 7:30 at the earliest not 7pm! BBC really should advertise the slot changes more if they're going to dash it around willy nilly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should have just dropped the episode then rather than try and cram it in and have no one watch it anyway.

Maybe they could have but that doesn't take away from the facts working against EE last night.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really because that to is down and was practically in the same slot.

But clashed with EE on a warm night with a football clash for the second ep. EE rating is terrible.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could have but that doesn't take away from the facts working against EE last night.

Yes it had a lot going against it but no one forced the BBC to show it there, a little TLC wouldn't go amiss during what is going to be a very tough few months for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But clashed with EE on a warm night with a football clash for the second ep. EE rating is terrible.

Lol that's exactly what happened with EE yet you don't mention that when talking about EE rating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol that's exactly what happened with EE yet you don't mention that when talking about EE rating.

I think you'll find I did. Poor scheduling from the Beeb
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Great for the match average, but I did expect a 9m average or slightly more. EE is low! But It was outside of its slot, but I expected around 5m.
    I'm old school. People need trailers for when programmes move. But when Corrie moved to 7pm with little promotion or Emmerdale shift they hold up better than EastEnders.
    The opener ran in a lot longer slot, so to be only 0.2 lower is pretty good going. Not much you can say for everything else really, surprised they didn't repeat Vicious in the post Corrie slot rather than Benidorm which has probably been repeated 50 times already.

BBC1 can be happy match and ITV can be happy with doing well opposite it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find I did. Poor scheduling from the Beeb

So that's the reason for the rating it got.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible rating for EastEnders, even when having a head start over Emmerdale and with the large regional news lead in, no excuse really.

Must have been a massive audience watching TV last night due to the World Cup when Corrie's 6m only equates to a 25% share.

Also solid ratings for the two shoulder peak matches. Imagine the peak share tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I'm old school. People need trailers for when programmes move. But when Corrie moved to 7pm with little promotion or Emmerdale shift they hold up better than EastEnders.

BBC1 can be happy match and ITV can be happy with doing well opposite it.

But that because they screw more older viewers plus itv show plenty of ads for them.
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stop trying to defend it, you know its a terrible rating whatever way you look at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Horrible rating for EastEnders, even when having a head start over Emmerdale and with the large regional news lead in, no excuse really.

Must have been a massive audience watching TV last night due to the World Cup when Corrie's 6m only equates to a 25% share.

Also solid ratings for the two shoulder peak matches. Imagine the peak share tonight!

No surprise you would pop up and say that lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's the reason for the rating it got.

That's what I said. I don't see the problem. It's still a poor rating due to the BBC's scheduling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    northlad wrote: »
    Stop trying to defend it, you know its a terrible rating whatever way you look at it.

Am not defending it, it isn't a great rating but unlike most on here I can see why it got what it did instead of overreacting like some on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that because they screw more older viewers plus itv show plenty of ads for them.

Oh dear, Icedragon is having a meltdown.
  • Options
    WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet you miss out the facts going against it.

It had a head start on Emmerdale beginning against post match analysis of a low rating match, and managed to do worse than the one show usually manages. Emmerdale was out of slot at 8pm and up against the football (something eastenders wasn't) and still managed a million more viewers.

After schedule changes due to Britains Got Talent and warm up games, viewers are well aware that all soaps are out of slot for the next four weeks, it just seems half of eastenders audience aren't interested enough in it to chase it round the schedule
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    It had a head start on Emmerdale beginning against post match analysis of a low rating match, and managed to do worse than the one show usually manages. Emmerdale was out of slot at 8pm and up against the football (something eastenders wasn't) and still managed a million more viewers.

After schedule changes due to Britains Got Talent and warm up games, viewers are well aware that all soaps are out of slot for the next four weeks, it just seems half of eastenders audience aren't interested enough in it to chase it round the schedule

Huh ED started like 10min after EE hardly out if slot.
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha Ha,he really is isnt he.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »

To be fair those who watched the first Emmerdale episode which was barely out of slot would've been told (if they weren't already aware) that there was another episode at 8pm at the end of the first episode. Still surprised it didn't lose viewers as people switched over for the match though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty much like you when an itv show does badly then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er No, that has never happened actually, show me an example?
    Huh ED started like 10min after EE hardly out if slot.

He said Emmerdale out of slot at 8pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He said Emmerdale out of slot at 8pm

But he forgets the one at 7.10pm? If you'd had already saw that episode then you would no it was on anyway do I don't get his point.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    northlad wrote: »

Lol @ the people wetting their knickers/pants at the EE ratings too.. aww.. maybe they're defending it because of the disadvantages??? If there was no clash/World Cup and it went this low then FAIR DUES but it wasn't was it? It was getting 6/7 millions viewers just last week....
This discussion has been closed.